Re: [Dreamkeeper] Katrina Money

  • golden3000997@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14 11:03 AM
      In a message dated 9/14/2005 12:48:09 PM Central Standard Time, Katwolf@... writes:
      Subj: [Dreamkeeper] Katrina Money
      Date:9/14/2005 12:48:09 PM Central Standard Time
      From:Katwolf@...
      Reply-to:Dreamkeeper@yahoogroups.com
      To:Dreamkeeper@yahoogroups.com
      Received from Internet:

      Katrina Money for Halliburton? How Dare They!

      Halliburton Corporation -- Vice President Dick Cheney's former company
      -- received a $30 million contract to clean up after Hurricane Katrina.
      Lobbyists are lining up to grab profits for their clients without
      having to competitvely bid for Katrina reconstruction work. Some
      contracts will be worth hundreds of millions of dollars, maybe even
      billions.

      Companies like Halliburton shouldn't be able to cash in on their
      political connections to steal a profit after Hurricane Katrina.

      No, wait - I'm sure that I MUST have jumped the gun! Took 30 seconds to think and realized it HAS to be a HOAX!!! I mean, not many people these days get their teeth filled with gold.

      Okay, okay, blood pressure settling down a bit now. Sorry to have gone off half-cocked like that!

      Christine
    • Daniel Hindes
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 14 1:33 PM

        It’s the Onion. All their articles are jokes. You’re not the first to make this mistake. About a year ago, the official Chinese news agency translated an Onion article and circulated it, and it was printed in many Chinese newspapers.

        Daniel Hindes