Re: Fraternal Greetings and Steiners Order

  • 888
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 12, 2005
      Hi Br. Cole,
      Continuing on from the previous discussion, here is
      another misunderstanding I've found:

      In Message 632 Frater Maui writes-
      "The Rosicrucian Cosmo Conception was written by Steiner, although
      published by Hiendel, and this was a key text to our Mystica Aeterna
      current at one time."
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Rosicrucian_Garden/message/632

      Count Carl Grasshoff (a Dane), a student of Dr. Steiner's, collected
      the typescripts of some his lectures before they had been published
      and took them to America. There he added some of his own touches and
      published the lot under the title of "The Rosicrucian Cosmo
      Conception", using the pen name of "Max Heindel". The first edition of
      this work was dedicated to Rudolf Steiner.

      So the Cosmo Conception has some of the elements of Steiner's teaching
      but it is not purely Steiner. There is a different teaching on the
      nature of Christ for instance, and I don't think it talks about Ahriman.

      Dr. Steiner talks about a group in California stealing his teachings
      in the Fifth Gospel, if my memory serves me correctly.

      Anyway, you can find much heated discussion on this subject in the
      archive of this list.

      Cheers,
      Bruce
    • Collin Fetero