Re: [anthroposophy] Re: Fraternal Greetings and Steiners Order

  • Hogie McM
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 2005
      Dear Gentlemen:

      As an addendum of sorts to the conversation,
      Dr. Steiner was well aware of, at least, the rare historical work
      by Trithemius of Sponheim, which can be further researched in depth in
      the Appendix of 'The Archangel Michael: His Mission and Ours" ;
      whose reference dates are written by Dr. Steiner as a footnote
      in his 'True and False Paths of Spiritual Investigation',
      and also given superb treatment in an essay 'Histroical Periods and
      the Fate of Nations' written by Walter Johannes Stein, one of Dr. Steiner's
      closed and most developed pupils, in the book entitled 'The Death of Merlin
      (Floris Books).

      Best,
      Hogie

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 12, 2005
        Hi Br. Cole,
        Continuing on from the previous discussion, here is
        another misunderstanding I've found:

        In Message 632 Frater Maui writes-
        "The Rosicrucian Cosmo Conception was written by Steiner, although
        published by Hiendel, and this was a key text to our Mystica Aeterna
        current at one time."
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Rosicrucian_Garden/message/632

        Count Carl Grasshoff (a Dane), a student of Dr. Steiner's, collected
        the typescripts of some his lectures before they had been published
        and took them to America. There he added some of his own touches and
        published the lot under the title of "The Rosicrucian Cosmo
        Conception", using the pen name of "Max Heindel". The first edition of
        this work was dedicated to Rudolf Steiner.

        So the Cosmo Conception has some of the elements of Steiner's teaching
        but it is not purely Steiner. There is a different teaching on the
        nature of Christ for instance, and I don't think it talks about Ahriman.

        Dr. Steiner talks about a group in California stealing his teachings
        in the Fifth Gospel, if my memory serves me correctly.

        Anyway, you can find much heated discussion on this subject in the
        archive of this list.

        Cheers,
        Bruce
      • Collin Fetero