Re: Anthroposophic soul

  • steprobemars
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2 9:46 PM
      Thanks to all for the replies,

      I've now done a lttle more reading. From a novice's perspective would
      it be accurate to summarise as follows:

      The non-material components of the human being are the etheric body,
      the astral body and the ego. The astral body represents the soul and
      the ego is the spirit. For this reason humans possess both a spirit
      and a soul, animals have a soul only, and plants have neither.

      Is the term "ego" synonymous with "I" in Steiner's fourfold view of man?

      Thanks,
      Steve

      Message 2 of 5 , May 3 7:27 PM
        I would start with some of his basics too.  Theosophy, How to Know Higher Worlds, Christianity as Mystical Fact, Occult Science, Philosophy of Freedom.............Depending on where you live anthro communities hold book studies often with these basic books.  Also for some online lectures www.elibmain.com.  I will forever recommend the St. John lectures......Hope this helps.