R: [anthroposophy] Christ in the East

  • VALENTINA BRUNETTI
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 2005

      Lee writes:

      Valentina,

      Thanks for this important reference. Nevertheless, the veiled nature of Christ's probable work and inspiration through these cases still does not suggest direct contact with the Risen Christ. Most if not all Eastern sources you mention, and others, are still unable to identify the Christ and His mission objectivity. I think the problem may lie in the nature of training and conscioiusness work in the Eastern schools and a predispostion towards inwardness. God is sought by going within not without (into the spirtual worlds directly) when one awakens from within it may be like sitting in a bubble (the body and soul) and looking out as through a 360 window. Being able to willfully travel or explore spiritual realms is not the intention-  "self Realization" and resting in the Divine as It is, is the prime goal.

      The only issue that remains: why are there not more cross cultural confirmations of content of AP and esoteric Christianity.

      __Andrea  (I'm not my wife  Valentina , smile..) adds:

       You are right .this topic is more about an occult influence by the forces given by the Logos-in-the -Earth than a conciuos contact with the Risen Christ. The concious grasping of the actual Christ Being and His link with Cognition Path was performed in toto for the first time by Rudolf Steiner at the End of the "Dark Age" (1899)  Neverthless the  abovesaid  occult influence can easily been seen as the Earthly mirroring of the Heavenly co-working of both the Christ and the Buddha, as Steiner reminded in the topic of "Buddha on Mars".

      Andrea

    • VALENTINA BRUNETTI
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30, 2005

        Hi Lee,
        here we have to bear in mind , before all, the difference between "Mahayana" (and "Vairayana") and "Hinanayana" on  the topic issue of the "I" as the core of the Human Being.
        While "hinanyana" has lost this basic knowledge  inside "Mahayana" the experience of this "I" is still possible in spite of some lack of clarity of the basic books on the topic.
        The problem is complicated by the fact that the Buddhism that is at tthe moment available in the West is , for the most part" a confuse mix-up of different issues and school. (Here in Italy is flourishing a kind of Red Berets Tibetan Stream school).. So what really makes sense in Buddhism, , namely the Eightfold path, is often overwhelmed by second-hand topics that often look like Western Nihilism or Reductionism.
        This kind of "soup" is a kind of Double of what is happening in the Heavenly Zone due to work of the Buddha and CR on Mars.

        A.

        In your answer to the Christ question and the influence of the Buddha- are you then suggesting that the work of the Buddha from Mars (as he rays back His compassion and forces) is the new way to bridge the gap to Christ for the majority who cannot approach Him yet? It would seem that that "something" is happening along these lines with the rise of Zen and Buddhism in the West at present. Yet, one can and will find the same "mistakes" common to traditional Buddhism- the elimination and lack of clarity concering "the ego" and  I Am. Buddhists still contend that ego is a transparent and temporary psychological and social construct and during deep meditation and eventually Satori, all vestiages fo the ego are transcended or passed through. Only Being exists or better yet non Being and just Existence. This all occurs within a vaccum so to speak, that is, within the confines of personal consciousness. Yet, this glimpse of one aspect of the Divine or True reality bypasses the eternal I Am, it seems. Thus, Buddhism in its present form is working against the consciousness soul, it would seem.

        Lee