R: [anthroposophy]Post Easter Questions

    Hi Lee, I add a contribution of mine that could be of same help, namely to grasp the Christlike gestures in Spirit ual History into cultures that, at a first
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2005
      Hi Lee,
      I add a contribution of mine that could be of same help,
       namely to grasp the "Christlike gestures" in Spirit'ual History into cultures that, at a first sight SEEM to be "not Christians"....

      Christ's steps in the East.

      Dear List,

      My 2 cc here

      .(Logos' steps in the East)

       Interesting researches  about some threads  like the above   has been  done by some Italian Anthro-fellow men, due to the fact that they were , in the same time, Scaligero's students and well-trained orientalist,being co-workers at the ISMEO (Italian Institute for Middle and Far East Studies).

      They have been building  the following conceptual framework, that I found myself well-based and trustworthy.

      The core of the "occult steps of the Logos-Christ in the East" after the Golgotha's Event lies in the Mahayana Buddhist conception of the Bodhisattva.

      The "Being of Man" as "I AM of the Being" ensouled of conscious thought, Love's Thought, it's actually the winning-post of the higher Mahayana's conceptions  by  the means of the path of  the "light thinking" ( bodhicitta)  and "compassion" (karuna) whose  best representative is the Bodhisattva.

      This conception is the kernel of the Yogacara school whose founders were the brothers Vasubandhu and Asanga who was said to be  inspired by the Maitreya Bodhisattva Himself.

      The picture of the Bodhisattva can be seen as one of the first steps of the Logos inside the eastern Soul.

       The Bodhisattva, indeed, does not have the need of his personal freed, as the Hinanajana's monk had,from the sensible world's maya.

       He, on the contrary, dedicates  himself to this world,caring no more for his personal Nirvana, till the day  the last living being will be saved.

      He can do that since he 's able to see inside  the maya an inner core more sacred that the Heavens' one, aka the seed of the forthcoming Logos-imbued "Cosmos of Love".

       He has been able to see inside Himself the Logos as the I AM, no more in the blood ties, but in the "prabbasvara citta", the Light Of Thought,  "acittata" no thinking,  "nirvikalpakajnana", no-dialectic cognition.

      Moreover  the Bodhisattva is able to see the cosmic Logos – as the principle of the Unity of the Beings and the World-in the universal imagination  "abhuta-parikalpa", in his chance to perceive the Sunya (emptiness) as the freed of the perception from every duality till in this "emptiness"  the stream of the Compassion and Love will be able to flow.

      So, since this Middle Ages spiritual renewal onwards it is possible to look at a new spiritual gesture in Eastern wisdom that, in more recent times, embodies itself in Yoga's masters like Ramana Maharshi. a radical seeker of the I AM roots, Vivekananda , Yogananda and , most of all, Sri Aurobindo and his "Shakti imagination", whose gesture is really near to some Sofia's picture, for instance those in the  Soloviev's teachings.