Re: R: [anthroposophy] Zeus, Pallas Athene, etc a question

  • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 20, 2005
      AOL Email
      In a message dated 2/16/2005 9:40:07 P.M. Central Standard Time, furrylogic@... writes:
      And, also, I would really like to know what has become of a
      goddess
      > > like Artemis, today. Is she known by another name now by the
      > > initiates? Is she progressive still?
      >
      > Arthemis is very near to the Aegyptian "Isis", the Goddess.   Today
      we can
      > talk of "Isis-Sophia" as historycally  emnbodied in the Mother of
      Jesus.,
      > and linked to the "Holy Spirit" the Third Person of the Trinity...

          This one, it doesn't look right to me. Isis is a much bigger god
      than Artemis, in fact I can't think of any Greek goddess who seems
      equal to Isis. Artemis, though, as the lunar huntress, (I think) is
      closely related to the Egyptian Bast, the cat god. And there's a
      story about Apollo with a lion, which Diana countered with a cat to
      tease him with, something like that. This clearly has a quality of
      guessing from fragments, though... Cats seem plenty progressive to
      me, but I don't know what a modern initiate would
      say.
           Larry

      The question remains about Artemis and I definitely agree that Isis is too large to be embodied in Artemis.  The "Isis and Madonna" lecture by S. might give some insights though there isn't anything about Artemis.  Only the Mothers.    The lion with Apollo though would have to be Isis I am thinking.   ~chantel

      To be alone without the gods~that is death. ~Holderlin
    • Hogie McM
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 20, 2005
        AOL Email
        Artemis has become The Sculpture of the Representative of Man/Humanity by Rudolf Steiner..
        Implied in the lecture series WORLD HISTORY IN THE LIGHT OF ANTHROPOSOPHY given during the Christmas Conference 1924

        Hogie