Re: R: [anthroposophy] Zeus, Pallas Athene, etc a question

  • Larry
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 16 7:38 PM
      Andrea wrote:

> [...]
      Jesus.,
      > and linked to the "Holy Spirit" the Third Person of the Trinity...

      This one, it doesn't look right to me. Isis is a much bigger god
      than Artemis, in fact I can't think of any Greek goddess who seems
      equal to Isis. Artemis, though, as the lunar huntress, (I think) is
      closely related to the Egyptian Bast, the cat god. And there's a
      story about Apollo with a lion, which Diana countered with a cat to
      tease him with, something like that. This clearly has a quality of
      guessing from fragments, though... Cats seem plenty progressive to
      me, but I don't know what a modern initiate would
      say.
      Larry
    • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 20 8:30 AM
        AOL Email
        In a message dated 2/16/2005 9:40:07 P.M. Central Standard Time, furrylogic@... writes:
        And, also, I would really like to know what has become of a
        goddess
        > > like Artemis, today. Is she known by another name now by the
        > > initiates? Is she progressive still?
        >
        > Arthemis is very near to the Aegyptian "Isis", the Goddess.   Today
        we can
        > talk of "Isis-Sophia" as historycally  emnbodied in the Mother of
        Jesus.,
        > and linked to the "Holy Spirit" the Third Person of the Trinity...

            This one, it doesn't look right to me. Isis is a much bigger god
        than Artemis, in fact I can't think of any Greek goddess who seems
        equal to Isis. Artemis, though, as the lunar huntress, (I think) is
        closely related to the Egyptian Bast, the cat god. And there's a
        story about Apollo with a lion, which Diana countered with a cat to
        tease him with, something like that. This clearly has a quality of
        guessing from fragments, though... Cats seem plenty progressive to
        me, but I don't know what a modern initiate would
        say.
             Larry

        The question remains about Artemis and I definitely agree that Isis is too large to be embodied in Artemis.  The "Isis and Madonna" lecture by S. might give some insights though there isn't anything about Artemis.  Only the Mothers.    The lion with Apollo though would have to be Isis I am thinking.   ~chantel

        To be alone without the gods~that is death. ~Holderlin
      • Hogie McM
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 20 9:08 AM
          AOL Email
          Artemis has become The Sculpture of the Representative of Man/Humanity by Rudolf Steiner..
          Implied in the lecture series WORLD HISTORY IN THE LIGHT OF ANTHROPOSOPHY given during the Christmas Conference 1924

          Hogie