Daily Vedic Verses Installment 696

  • danifyou@tv.videotron.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13 12:19 PM
      ----Message original -----
      De : GURUDEVA<gurudeva-vedas@...>

      Then his wife said to him: This brahmachirin, practising austerities,
      has intelligently tended your fires. Give him instruction lest the fires
      should blame you. The teacher, however, went away on a journey without
      teaching him.

      Sama Veda, Chandogya Upanishad IV, X - The Story of Upakosala, 2

      The brahmachirin out of mental grief began to fast. Then the teacher's
      wife said to him: Brahmachirin, why do you not eat? He said: There are
      in a man like me many desires directed to various objects. I am full of
      sorrows. I will not eat.

      Sama Veda, Chandogya Upanishad IV, X - The Story of Upakosala, 3

      Thereupon the fires said among themselves: This brahmachirin, practising
      austerities, has intelligently tended us. Come, let us teach him.
      They said to him: The prana is Brahman, ka (joy) is Brahman, kha (the
      akaha) is Brahman.

      Sama Veda, Chandogya Upanishad IV, X - The Story of Upakosala, 4

      He said: I understand that the prana is Brahman, but I do not understand
      'joy' (ka) and 'the akasa' (kha). They said: What is joy (ka) is the
      akasa (kha), what is the akasa (kha) is joy (ka). They taught him the
      prana (i.e. Brahman) and the akasa related to it.

      Sama Veda, Chandogya Upanishad IV, X - The Story of Upakosala, 5

      Next the Garhapatya Fire taught him: The earth, fire, food and the sun
      are my forms. The person that is seen in the sun-I am he, I am he indeed.

      Sama Veda, Chandogya Upanishad IV, XI - Instruction by the Household
      Fire, 1

      Forward the Vedas to a friend! To subscribe they may write to
      gurudeva-vedas-subscribe@...
      Everyone is welcome.

      ~~~~~~~~~

      To un-subscribe write to