Zeus, Pallas Athene, etc a question

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 12, 2005
      A quick question if anyone could help I'd appreciate it.

      The gods of the greeks, Zeus, Venus, Athene etc, were they
      progressive gods?

      In Homer, they appear to the heroes, and influence the elements, the
      sea for example, as Poseidon the sea god does.

      But there was a lot of rivalry in Olympus, and other goings on.

      So,were they progressive, or had they backward tendencies?

      And what about Christ? Was He in the Greek mysteries? Under which
      name?
      And Saint Michael, I don't think he was part of the Greek Pantheon
      was he? Did he have another name then?

      And, also, I would really like to know what has become of a goddess
      like Artemis, today. Is she known by another name now by the
      initiates? Is she progressive still?

      I ask all this because I'm trying to write something about the Roman
      Emperor Julian, who has been mostly misrepresented, even though he
      was a great figure, like Alexander; and whose great campaign in the
      East was ended by assasination, which was tragic, considering his
      high aims.
    • Hogie McM
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 12, 2005
        A small add-on:
        The Titans of the Greek Myths were the Asuras of Persian
        Mythology....without doubt
        non-progressive and possessing what we would term today as an Evil
        element...

        Hogie

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 12, 2005

          Somewhere in RS I read that Apollo was Christ invested in Michael ~1200 BC
          for a period. This would explain the fame of the Oracle.

        • Mark
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 15, 2005
            Thanks Maurice,
            Its interesting that it was for a period only. Showing that the
            situation changes in the spiritual world, for spiritual beings and
            their mystery cults on earth.

            I read somewhere in RS that Christ was still present in the
            Mysteries as a Sun Figure for a while after His crucifixtion.

            --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Maurice McCarthy
            <Maurice.McCarthy@b...> wrote:

> [...]
          • Maurice McCarthy
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 16, 2005