RS and Emanual Swedenbory

  • soniaeasley2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2004
      I just finished the eight volumes, Karmic Relationships. For those
      of you that have read the series and perhaps know Emanual
      Swedenborg's work, I would like clarification on Loyola, the founder
      of the Jesuits and a previous incarnation of Swedenborg's and the
      later materialization of the soul, ES. Steiner talks about the genii
      in relation to the two gentlemen. However, in Emanual's Heaven and
      Hell, he speaks about the genii coming from Hell. RS simply makes the
      comment that some of Swedenbor's pictures of Heaven and Hell are not
      correct. I need a better sense of how RS viewed Swedenbor. Goethe
      studied ES carefully.

      I would also like to talk about some other historical figures
      mentioned in the volumes, if indeed there is someone who has read the
      materials.
    • Mark Willan
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2004
        Hi

        I have read and kept the materials in question, though I have done so
        in German, so I do not know ehat you m,ean by "genii"? Could this be a
        peculiar translation?

        Anyway I am happy to correspond about thsi off-list.

        Cheers

        Mark WILLAN

        3 place des Cines
        06560 Valbonne Sophia Antipolis