The OK Corral

  • Br. Ron
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2004
      Hi Bradford:

      Your sense of resignation is tempting.... for me as well.
      Only for opposite reasons

      Yet, it all really boils down to whether or not we have faith
      in our people, our system and humanity itself.

      Abe told us that all of the people can be fooled some of the time
      and some all of the time...but sooner or later, whether we want
      it or not, we will awaken to that which is true within ourselves
      and within our fellows.

      We are on opposing sides of the political fence, my friend.
      Yet that very freedom to disagree in itself says something
      wonderful about our program.

      Many folks are not so lucky.

      Yes, both sides have their oppressive monoliths.
      The Republicans have big corporations and monetary manipulation.
      Democrats have big government with exactly the same agenda
      and same problem.

      Every sphere on the Tree of Life has it's demonic counterpart.
      But this fact shouldn't tempt us to despair for the whole tree.
      To do this is to succumb to the shadowy Qliphoth

      Tomorrow or the next day, fully one half of this country will awaken
      totally crushed.

      But that will pass.

      We are allowed divisiveness every 4 years in order to examine
      those errors we have made. But afterwards we do (and always have)
      come together as a united yet diverse collective.

      The courage of self examination. Such is the strength of America.

      Pard...in a couple of days we will holster our irons, dust ourselves off,
      walk through those swinging doors, belly up to the bar and mebbe even
      grab us a filly or two, just like the old days. After this terrible Tombstone
      shootout, we may find we are still standing...tired and wounded but still
      vertical in our horseshit encrusted boots.

      Br. Ron

       > It is three days before the election. I'm not immobilized by fear or
      > dread like millions of Americans. Rather
      I am immobilized by
      > resignation. I feel like a man on a sinking ship
      minus lifeboats or
      > life preservers. I'm sitting in a deck chair aftward
      on the Titanic,
      > otherwise known as America, waiting for the end of life
      as we know
      > it.
      > Nothing cataclysmic will happen on November 2. Here in New Mexico
      > the sun will rise over an untroubled desert and
      people will get up
      > and go about their business as usual. My neighbor
      will walk his dog.
      > FedEx will deliver packages. Cops will write
      speeding tickets. Pizza
      > will be delivered. Construction will plod along
      on the new store
      > around the corner. Outwardly everything will seem
      absolutely the
      > same.
      >
      > Beneath the humdrum surface
      however a volcano is seething, angrily
      > burbling, ready to explode in
      our faces.

      > By midnight we will know if Bush will be
      "re-elected" or Kerry
      > elected to serve as the next president of the
      United States (or the
      > CEO of America, Inc., as I call it, because the
      presidency is owned
      > by multinational corporations and rich people). Or
      maybe we will not
      > know because the "race" will be close and the
      Democrats -- who are
      > actually a Lite, somewhat more approachable,
      although certainly as
      > corrupt and double-dealing version of the
      Republicans -- will
      > contest the election and the whole thing will end
      up in court again.
      > Maybe the tension will crawl on past Christmas.
      Maybe the Supreme
      > Court will appoint Bush again. Or maybe there will a
      terrorist
      > attack and martial law will be imposed. Or maybe Kerry will
      win and
      > Bush will leave office and take the unpleasant and hateful
      > Straussian neocons with him. Or Bush will win and Kerry will concede
      > and there will be exuberant tickertape parades and boastful speeches
      > on AM radio where reactionaries hold court every day.

      Regardless, the ship is going down. It's taking on water as I write

      this.

      > Our national debt is monstrous and unimaginably
      burdensome and will
      > soon crush the life out of us. I don't claim to
      know much about
      > economics. But I know the government cannot continue to
      borrow money
      > and pass the bill on to future generations. It's
      untenable. It's
      > criminal. Clinton held a surplus and Bush reduced that
      surplus to a
      > whirling black hole of debt in less than four years. It is
      now
      > beginning to suck everything in. If you look close you can see
      > things straining and shuddering at their moorings. Inflation.

      Unemployment. Gas prices out of control. States with no money to fix

      roads and schools and bridges. Personal bankruptcy on the increase.

      Like a hurricane not too far off these things now merely rattle the

      windows but all too soon will violently tear the roof off our

      collective house. It's only a matter of time. And most of us are

      oblivious.

      > I want to go back to writing novels and short
      stories. But I can't
      > because there are five alarm fire bells
      reverberating inside my
      > head. It is not simply the fact I am unemployed
      and the economy is
      > about to crash and burn.
      >
      > It is also
      the fact our government was hijacked by extreme right-
      > wing criminals
      who are determined to invade numerous countries and
      > slaughter
      innumerable people. It is the fact these criminals and
      > their
      accomplices have eviscerated the Constitution and butchered
      > the Bill of
      Rights. I can't go back to writing novels and short
      > stories until the
      alarm bells stop caterwauling inside my head. I'm
      > not sure they ever
      will.

      > I have a bad feeling about all of this. November 2 will
      not change
      > anything, regardless of who is the CEO of America, Inc. John
      Kerry
      > has promised to out-Bush Bush in Iraq. He's onboard with

      indiscriminate murder and imposing the neoliberal order (some call
      > this
      the New World Order) on humanity, especially those who have
      > natural
      resources. He's a Skull and Bones elitist. Kerry is an
      > outwardly kinder
      and gentler Bush and if he is chosen on November 2
      > nothing will
      change.

      > But I don't think he will be chosen because the
      American people are
      > scared shitless of our engineered and pre-packaged
      Emmanuel
      > Goldsteins who wear turbans and slice off heads and were
      trained at
      > the CIA's Camp Peary. Enough people will vote for Bush
      because he is
      > more ruthless and mean-spirited and the people --
      ill-educated,
      > intellectually incurious, and brainwashed by Fox News and
      CNN --
      > believe he will do a better job of dealing with (that is to say
      mass
      > murdering) the terrorists, many who are admittedly religious whack
      > jobs, although they are whack jobs initially financed and trained in
      > the United States (our government spent $6 billion to create the
      > radical Muslim variety of terrorist).
      >
      > Somewhere there
      is a photograph of Ronald Reagan conferring with the
      > Taliban. Now the
      same Taliban are killing boys and girls from
      > Nebraska and New Jersey in
      Afghanistan where Bush and the Pentagon
      > have no right to be. In Iraq
      the resistance is killing boys and
      > girls from Colorado and Connecticut
      with weapons sold to Saddam by
      > Reagan and Dubya's old man. It is a
      hellhole sold to the American
      > people by Straussian snake oil
      salesmen.

      > It is a big swooshing whorl of insanity and
      coagulated blood and
      > spattered guts and I have absolutely no idea what
      to do in order to
      > make it stop. I know for damn sure voting will not
      make it stop.

      > So I sit in my deck chair.
      >
      > And
      wait.

      href="http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/wpWolB/TM">http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/wpWolB/TM
      href="mailto:anthroposophy-owner@yahoogroups.com">anthroposophy-owner@yahoogroups.com

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send
      an email to:

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2004
        "Br. Ron" wrote:

        "Hi Bradford:

        Your sense of resignation is tempting.... for me as well.
        Only for opposite reasons

        Br. Ron;

        Thanks dear friend. I raise a glass of Shiner Bock. How was it for
        you, this victory?