Re: Open letter to my daughter

  • joksu57
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 2, 2004
      Hello all!

      Thanks to John B. for the reference to the insightful article of Mr.
      Gulbekian. It is an interesting matter with these dualities: earlier
      communisn vs. capitalism, now islam vs. christianity or terrorist vs.
      others (and both sides regard the other side as the real terrorists).

      With the help of mass media / propaganda there is a tendency to fan
      the antagonism. In this way it is possible to get the psychic
      contribution of a very large amount of people to take part in
      such "fights". Perhaps this can be called a "poor man's version" of
      the War of All Against All.

      What has anthroposophy to do with these matters? Well, it can give us
      a higher perspective to inspect compicated situations. Personally I
      regard Spiritual Science as a way to know Christ. Taking part to
      political / militaristic fights is not "My Way".

      Warm Regards
      Joksu

      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, JOHN B <jtwbjakarta@y...> wrote:
      > To Br. Ron and the Group
      >
      > While graciously admitting error in accepting without reservation
      the biting criticism of Group member Jan's earlier comment in which I
      represented the present whereabouts of Rudolf Steiner, I've now the
      benefit of Br. Ron's reply to my earlier comment to reflect upon.

      > I really don't know where to begin in acknowledging Br. Ron's brief
      remarks, largely because I can only see Kerry and Bush as Karmic
      twins, and interestingly enough for me as well, members both of Yale
      University's Skull & Bones Society. So rather than further raise
      objections to Br. Ron's position, I here append a newsletter article
      written by a gentleman associated with Temple Lodge Publishers, an
      article that touches on certain lectures given by Steiner on the role
      of occult organization in directing world events. It's a short read
      but valuable. I can only say in closing that America's two party
      system and its current leading exemplars, Kerry and Bush, are part of
      the cosmic problem, and they shall not afford the way out to its
      solution. The Threefold Commonwealth continues to guide my view of
      the possibilities for political renewal everywhere. As an American I
      personally consider a vote for either of these candidates an immoral
      act and therefore I shall not enter into debate on
      > this particular matter. I've stated my position and I believe Br.
      Ron has his as well. My best to all ,,,,,, John B

      > http://www.newdawnmagazine.com.au/articles/Brothers%20of%20the%
      20Shadow.html

      > "Br. Ron" <rlloyd@d...> wrote:

      prescriptions of either Bush or Kerry? One can't, of course.

      > John, does this mean that even though RS was politically active
      > his students cannot be?
      >
      > BR
      >

      > "Br. Ron" <rlloyd@d...> wrote:
      > Thanks for the 'cut and paste' spin, my daughter.

      > Unsubscribe:
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
      > A child is waiting for you.
      > ·Invest 60¢ a day in the life of a child.·Click here to meet
      someone who needs your help.

      Service.

      > ---------------------------------
    • JOHN B
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 2, 2004
        Hi Hogie, Regarding your message to Holderlin66: I've seen Holderlin66's many contributions elsewhere over the internet...He's a discerning and gifted writer already, with a beautiful worldview. However I've only just discovered, by his Nov 1st comment, that he has a keen understanding of financial economics.

        The Bush Republican Cabal has pushed the finances of the Federal Government irrecoverably over the edge. The slippery slope to the abyss started with the Democrat Lyndon Johnson almost immediately upon his taking the Oath of Office and with each Adminstration thereafter it only got worse. With the Bush/Cheney Cabal's "Templar War" on Iraq, aided and abetted by both major political parties in Congress, Government spending thru ""massive"" debt raising/tax cutting has destroyed the long run viability of America as a constitutional republic. Most likely is the dark prospect of the Federal Government's defaulting on its unserviceable promises: DOMESTICALLY, by hyper-inflating the nation's currency and so destroying America's middle-class, and INTERNATIONALLY, by reneging on its promissory notes at the figurative point of a gun, which in actuality shall be a nuclear missle.

        Thanks Bush/Cheney & Cabal .... Thanks supine Congress ... Thanks for making fools of the majority of my fellow citizens

        So, for a truly masochistic experience, vote for either Bush or Kerry later today; whoever the winner, the outcome for the wellbeing of America over the next 4 years will be about the same. As Holderlin66 wrote: THE SHIP OF STATE IS GOING DOWN ...... It's sad really, I loved America but I shall never forget what Edmund Burke once wrote:.."A nation to be loved must first be lovely..."................

        Thanks Hogie; thanks Holderlin66 ..... I'm John B

        Hogie McM <hogie@...> wrote:
        food for thought: instead of waiting for the next canticle of leibowitz to be created by someone else, perhaps you should write novels and short stories
        about the subject you know so much about and publish them.....i fear you are on the verge of catatonia.....
        writing should help counteract the force of the whirling dervishes in your head...

        Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 5:33 PM
        Subject: [anthroposophy] Re: Open letter to my daughter

        JOHN B wrote;

        "...Kerry and Bush, are part of the cosmic problem, and they shall
        not afford the way out to its solution. The Threefold Commonwealth
        continues to guide my view of the possibilities for political
        renewal everywhere. As an American I personally consider a vote for
        either of these candidates an immoral act and therefore I shall not
        enter into debate on this particular matter."

        http://www.unknownnews.org/041101a-kn.html

        Nov. 1, 2004

        I'm tired, unable to write much.

        It is three days before the election. I'm not immobilized by fear or
        dread like millions of Americans. Rather I am immobilized by
        resignation. I feel like a man on a sinking ship minus lifeboats or
        life preservers. I'm sitting in a deck chair aftward on the Titanic,
        otherwise known as America, waiting for the end of life as we know
        it.

        Nothing cataclysmic will happen on November 2. Here in New Mexico
        the sun will rise over an untroubled desert and people will get up
        and go about their business as usual. My neighbor will walk his dog.
        FedEx will deliver packages. Cops will write speeding tickets. Pizza
        will be delivered. Construction will plod along on the new store
        around the corner. Outwardly everything will seem absolutely the
        same.

        Beneath the humdrum surface however a volcano is seething, angrily
        burbling, ready to explode in our faces.

        By midnight we will know if Bush will be "re-elected" or Kerry
        elected to serve as the next president of the United States (or the
        CEO of America, Inc., as I call it, because the presidency is owned
        by multinational corporations and rich people). Or maybe we will not
        know because the "race" will be close and the Democrats -- who are
        actually a Lite, somewhat more approachable, although certainly as
        corrupt and double-dealing version of the Republicans -- will
        contest the election and the whole thing will end up in court again.
        Maybe the tension will crawl on past Christmas. Maybe the Supreme
        Court will appoint Bush again. Or maybe there will a terrorist
        attack and martial law will be imposed. Or maybe Kerry will win and
        Bush will leave office and take the unpleasant and hateful
        Straussian neocons with him. Or Bush will win and Kerry will concede
        and there will be exuberant tickertape parades and boastful speeches
        on AM radio where reactionaries hold court every day.

        Regardless, the ship is going down. It's taking on water as I write
        this.

        Our national debt is monstrous and unimaginably burdensome and will
        soon crush the life out of us. I don't claim to know much about
        economics. But I know the government cannot continue to borrow money
        and pass the bill on to future generations. It's untenable. It's
        criminal. Clinton held a surplus and Bush reduced that surplus to a
        whirling black hole of debt in less than four years. It is now
        beginning to suck everything in. If you look close you can see
        things straining and shuddering at their moorings. Inflation.
        Unemployment. Gas prices out of control. States with no money to fix
        roads and schools and bridges. Personal bankruptcy on the increase.
        Like a hurricane not too far off these things now merely rattle the
        windows but all too soon will violently tear the roof off our
        collective house. It's only a matter of time. And most of us are
        oblivious.

        I want to go back to writing novels and short stories. But I can't
        because there are five alarm fire bells reverberating inside my
        head. It is not simply the fact I am unemployed and the economy is
        about to crash and burn.

        It is also the fact our government was hijacked by extreme right-
        wing criminals who are determined to invade numerous countries and
        slaughter innumerable people. It is the fact these criminals and
        their accomplices have eviscerated the Constitution and butchered
        the Bill of Rights. I can't go back to writing novels and short
        stories until the alarm bells stop caterwauling inside my head. I'm
        not sure they ever will.

        I have a bad feeling about all of this. November 2 will not change
        anything, regardless of who is the CEO of America, Inc. John Kerry
        has promised to out-Bush Bush in Iraq. He's onboard with
        indiscriminate murder and imposing the neoliberal order (some call
        this the New World Order) on humanity, especially those who have
        natural resources. He's a Skull and Bones elitist. Kerry is an
        outwardly kinder and gentler Bush and if he is chosen on November 2
        nothing will change.

        But I don't think he will be chosen because the American people are
        scared shitless of our engineered and pre-packaged Emmanuel
        Goldsteins who wear turbans and slice off heads and were trained at
        the CIA's Camp Peary. Enough people will vote for Bush because he is
        more ruthless and mean-spirited and the people -- ill-educated,
        intellectually incurious, and brainwashed by Fox News and CNN --
        believe he will do a better job of dealing with (that is to say mass
        murdering) the terrorists, many who are admittedly religious whack
        jobs, although they are whack jobs initially financed and trained in
        the United States (our government spent $6 billion to create the
        radical Muslim variety of terrorist).

        Somewhere there is a photograph of Ronald Reagan conferring with the
        Taliban. Now the same Taliban are killing boys and girls from
        Nebraska and New Jersey in Afghanistan where Bush and the Pentagon
        have no right to be. In Iraq the resistance is killing boys and
        girls from Colorado and Connecticut with weapons sold to Saddam by
        Reagan and Dubya's old man. It is a hellhole sold to the American
        people by Straussian snake oil salesmen.

        It is a big swooshing whorl of insanity and coagulated blood and
        spattered guts and I have absolutely no idea what to do in order to
        make it stop. I know for damn sure voting will not make it stop.

        So I sit in my deck chair.

        And wait.

      • Sheldon Warman
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 5, 2004
          --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Br. Ron" <rlloyd@d...> wrote:
          >The sneaky agenda of your John Kerry will not free my
          grandchildren. It will imprison them.

          I suppose that you think that destroying social security, which is
          what Mr Bush will try to do is good for YOU?

          Sheldon