Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [anthroposophy] Open letter to my daughter

Expand Messages
  • eyecueco@netscape.net
    Dear Br. Ron, Don t you just wish those who quote Steiner so often knew a bit more about the times in which he lived? They just have to be clueless. One might
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 31, 2004
      Dear Br. Ron,

      Don't you just wish those who quote Steiner so often knew a bit more about the times
      in which he lived? They just have to be clueless. One might argue in favor of socialism back in 1913 monarchist Austria ( and other European countries) where the masses worked 12-15 hours 6 days a week, and then went home to a stale bread dinner before collapsing into bed in shared tenement housing without heat. Many could not even afford tenement housing, three families to two rooms, and slept outside the vents hugh laundries at night. The Adler's of the world had a reason to argue the proletariat woes back then, but in 21st Century America?
      Give me a break.
      The socialist minded in the good 'ol U.S. of A. have much in common with the condition Emil Bock describes in THE THREE YEARS as the Judas condition, the restless soul that occupies oneself focusing on what is wrong in the world in order to avoid doing the personal transformational work that brings the world forward.

      Socialism does not bring the world forward and I'll let the record on Marxism, of any variety, speak for itself.

      I disagree with Dr. Starman for a change. I do not think that things will get back to normal after Tuesday, no matter what the outcome of the election. I see this country in very deep trouble, and perhaps on it's way to its own 'fin-de-siecle'.

      Everything changed on 9-11.
      I don't get it that people don't get it. :-(











      __________________________________________________________________
      Switch to Netscape Internet Service.
      As low as $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/register

      Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

      New! Netscape Toolbar for Internet Explorer
      Search from anywhere on the Web and block those annoying pop-ups.
      Download now at http://channels.netscape.com/ns/search/install.jsp
    • JOHN B
      To Br. Ron and the Group While graciously admitting error in accepting without reservation the biting criticism of Group member Jan s earlier comment in which
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 1, 2004
        To Br. Ron and the Group
         
        While graciously admitting error in accepting without reservation the biting criticism of Group member Jan's earlier comment in which I represented the present whereabouts of Rudolf Steiner, I've now the benefit of Br. Ron's reply to my earlier comment to reflect upon.
         
        I really don't know where to begin in acknowledging Br. Ron's brief remarks, largely because I can only see Kerry and Bush as Karmic twins, and interestingly enough for me as well, members both of Yale University's Skull & Bones Society. So rather than further raise objections to Br. Ron's position, I here append a newsletter article written by a gentleman associated with Temple Lodge Publishers, an article that touches on certain lectures given by Steiner on the role of occult organization in directing world events. It's a short read but valuable. I can only say in closing that America's two party system and its current leading exemplars, Kerry and Bush, are part of the cosmic problem, and they shall not afford the way out to its solution. The Threefold Commonwealth continues to guide my view of the possibilities for political renewal everywhere. As an American I personally consider a vote for either of these candidates an immoral act and therefore I shall not enter into debate on this particular matter. I've stated my position and I believe Br. Ron has his as well. My best to all ,,,,,, John B
         
         
        "Br. Ron" <rlloyd@...> wrote:

          ----- Original Message -----
          From: JOHN B


          How can one anthroposophically countenance the policy conduct and prescriptions of either Bush or Kerry? One can't, of course.

          John, does this mean that even though RS was politically active
          his students cannot be?

          BR



          "Br. Ron" <rlloyd@...> wrote:
            Thanks for the 'cut and paste' spin, my daughter.
        >>>>>snip<<<<<<
            >> >
              >> > PLEASE CONSIDER BUSH'S EXPERIENCE WHEN VOTING. Then
              >> >
              >> > PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERY VOTER YOU KNOW.








        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy
        Unsubscribe:
        anthroposophy-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com 
        List owner:  anthroposophy-owner@yahoogroups.com 




        ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - all new features - even more fun!

      • Jan
        Dear John, If it came across as Œbiting criticism¹ I apologize. It was meant more humorously, hence the smile! :) Jan ... Re: [anthroposophy] Open letter to
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 1, 2004
          Re: [anthroposophy] Open letter to my daughter Dear John,
            If it came across as ‘biting criticism’ I apologize.  It was meant more humorously, hence the smile! :)
          Jan



          To Br. Ron and the Group
           
          While graciously admitting error in accepting without reservation the biting criticism of Group member Jan's earlier comment in which I represented the present whereabouts of Rudolf Steiner, I've now the benefit of Br. Ron's reply to my earlier comment to reflect upon.
           
          I really don't know where to begin in acknowledging Br. Ron's brief remarks, largely because I can only see Kerry and Bush as Karmic twins, and interestingly enough for me as well, members both of Yale University's Skull & Bones Society. So rather than further raise objections to Br. Ron's position, I here append a newsletter article written by a gentleman associated with Temple Lodge Publishers, an article that touches on certain lectures given by Steiner on the role of occult organization in directing world events. It's a short read but valuable. I can only say in closing that America's two party system and its current leading exemplars, Kerry and Bush, are part of the cosmic problem, and they shall not afford the way out to its solution. The Threefold Commonwealth continues to guide my view of the possibilities for political renewal everywhere. As an American I personally consider a vote for either of these candidates an immoral act and therefore I shall not enter into debate on this particular matter. I've stated my position and I believe Br. Ron has his as well. My best to all ,,,,,, John B
          http://www.newdawnmagazine.com.au/articles/Brothers%20of%20the%20Shadow.html

           
          "Br. Ron" <rlloyd@...> wrote:

            ----- Original Message -----
            From: JOHN B


            How can one anthroposophically countenance the policy conduct and prescriptions of either Bush or Kerry? One can't, of course.

            John, does this mean that even though RS was politically active
            his students cannot be?

            BR



            "Br. Ron" <rlloyd@...> wrote:
              Thanks for the 'cut and paste' spin, my daughter.
          >>>>>snip<<<<<<
              >> >
                >> > PLEASE CONSIDER BUSH'S EXPERIENCE WHEN VOTING. Then
                >> >
                >> > PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERY VOTER YOU KNOW.








          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy
          Unsubscribe:
          anthroposophy-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com  
          List owner:  anthroposophy-owner@yahoogroups.com  





          ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger <http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=21626/*http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com> - all new features - even more fun!

          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy
          Unsubscribe:
          anthroposophy-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com  
          List owner:  anthroposophy-owner@yahoogroups.com  



          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129t2a74o/M=281955.5530326.6602771.3001176/D=groups/S=1705077360:HM/EXP=1099419056/A=2343726/R=0/SIG=12i0f78b3/*http://clk.atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1099332656066600>  Get unlimited calls to U.S./Canada  <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129t2a74o/M=281955.5530326.6602771.3001176/D=groups/S=1705077360:HM/EXP=1099419056/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12i0f78b3/*http://clk.atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1099332656066600>  


          Yahoo! Groups Links
          • To visit your group on the web, go to:
          • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy/
          • To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
          • anthroposophy-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <mailto:anthroposophy-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>
          • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .


        • JOHN B
          Dear Jan .... Exactly .... and you re a gentleman as well ..Best wishes, JOHN Jan wrote:Dear John, If it came across as
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 1, 2004
            Dear Jan ...."Exactly" .... and you're a gentleman as well ..Best wishes, JOHN

            Jan <starbirdgarden@...> wrote:
            Dear John,
              If it came across as ‘biting criticism’ I apologize.  It was meant more humorously, hence the smile! :)
            Jan



            To Br. Ron and the Group
             
            While graciously admitting error in accepting without reservation the biting criticism of Group member Jan's earlier comment in which I represented the present whereabouts of Rudolf Steiner, I've now the benefit of Br. Ron's reply to my earlier comment to reflect upon.
             
            I really don't know where to begin in acknowledging Br. Ron's brief remarks, largely because I can only see Kerry and Bush as Karmic twins, and interestingly enough for me as well, members both of Yale University's Skull & Bones Society. So rather than further raise objections to Br. Ron's position, I here append a newsletter article written by a gentleman associated with Temple Lodge Publishers, an article that touches on certain lectures given by Steiner on the role of occult organization in directing world events. It's a short read but valuable. I can only say in closing that America's two party system and its current leading exemplars, Kerry and Bush, are part of the cosmic problem, and they shall not afford the way out to its solution. The Threefold Commonwealth continues to guide my view of the possibilities for political renewal everywhere. As an American I personally consider a vote for either of these candidates an immoral act and therefore I shall not enter into debate on this particular matter. I've stated my position and I believe Br. Ron has his as well. My best to all ,,,,,, John B
            http://www.newdawnmagazine.com.au/articles/Brothers%20of%20the%20Shadow.html

             
            "Br. Ron" <rlloyd@...> wrote:

              ----- Original Message -----
              From: JOHN B


              How can one anthroposophically countenance the policy conduct and prescriptions of either Bush or Kerry? One can't, of course.

              John, does this mean that even though RS was politically active
              his students cannot be?

              BR



              "Br. Ron" <rlloyd@...> wrote:
                Thanks for the 'cut and paste' spin, my daughter.
            >>>>>snip<<<<<<
                >> >
                  >> > PLEASE CONSIDER BUSH'S EXPERIENCE WHEN VOTING. Then
                  >> >
                  >> > PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERY VOTER YOU KNOW.








            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy
            Unsubscribe:
            anthroposophy-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com  
            List owner:  anthroposophy-owner@yahoogroups.com  





            ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger <http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=21626/*http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com> - all new features - even more fun!

            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy
            Unsubscribe:
            anthroposophy-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com  
            List owner:  anthroposophy-owner@yahoogroups.com  



            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129t2a74o/M=281955.5530326.6602771.3001176/D=groups/S=1705077360:HM/EXP=1099419056/A=2343726/R=0/SIG=12i0f78b3/*http://clk.atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1099332656066600>  Get unlimited calls to U.S./Canada  <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129t2a74o/M=281955.5530326.6602771.3001176/D=groups/S=1705077360:HM/EXP=1099419056/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12i0f78b3/*http://clk.atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1099332656066600>  


            Yahoo! Groups Links
            • To visit your group on the web, go to:
            • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy/
            • To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
            • anthroposophy-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <mailto:anthroposophy-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>
            • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .




            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy
            Unsubscribe:
            anthroposophy-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com 
            List owner:  anthroposophy-owner@yahoogroups.com 




            ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - all new features - even more fun!
          • holderlin66
            JOHN B wrote; ...Kerry and Bush, are part of the cosmic problem, and they shall not afford the way out to its solution. The Threefold Commonwealth continues
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 1, 2004
              JOHN B wrote;

              "...Kerry and Bush, are part of the cosmic problem, and they shall
              not afford the way out to its solution. The Threefold Commonwealth
              continues to guide my view of the possibilities for political
              renewal everywhere. As an American I personally consider a vote for
              either of these candidates an immoral act and therefore I shall not
              enter into debate on this particular matter."

              http://www.unknownnews.org/041101a-kn.html

              Nov. 1, 2004

              I'm tired, unable to write much.

              It is three days before the election. I'm not immobilized by fear or
              dread like millions of Americans. Rather I am immobilized by
              resignation. I feel like a man on a sinking ship minus lifeboats or
              life preservers. I'm sitting in a deck chair aftward on the Titanic,
              otherwise known as America, waiting for the end of life as we know
              it.

              Nothing cataclysmic will happen on November 2. Here in New Mexico
              the sun will rise over an untroubled desert and people will get up
              and go about their business as usual. My neighbor will walk his dog.
              FedEx will deliver packages. Cops will write speeding tickets. Pizza
              will be delivered. Construction will plod along on the new store
              around the corner. Outwardly everything will seem absolutely the
              same.

              Beneath the humdrum surface however a volcano is seething, angrily
              burbling, ready to explode in our faces.

              By midnight we will know if Bush will be "re-elected" or Kerry
              elected to serve as the next president of the United States (or the
              CEO of America, Inc., as I call it, because the presidency is owned
              by multinational corporations and rich people). Or maybe we will not
              know because the "race" will be close and the Democrats -- who are
              actually a Lite, somewhat more approachable, although certainly as
              corrupt and double-dealing version of the Republicans -- will
              contest the election and the whole thing will end up in court again.
              Maybe the tension will crawl on past Christmas. Maybe the Supreme
              Court will appoint Bush again. Or maybe there will a terrorist
              attack and martial law will be imposed. Or maybe Kerry will win and
              Bush will leave office and take the unpleasant and hateful
              Straussian neocons with him. Or Bush will win and Kerry will concede
              and there will be exuberant tickertape parades and boastful speeches
              on AM radio where reactionaries hold court every day.

              Regardless, the ship is going down. It's taking on water as I write
              this.

              Our national debt is monstrous and unimaginably burdensome and will
              soon crush the life out of us. I don't claim to know much about
              economics. But I know the government cannot continue to borrow money
              and pass the bill on to future generations. It's untenable. It's
              criminal. Clinton held a surplus and Bush reduced that surplus to a
              whirling black hole of debt in less than four years. It is now
              beginning to suck everything in. If you look close you can see
              things straining and shuddering at their moorings. Inflation.
              Unemployment. Gas prices out of control. States with no money to fix
              roads and schools and bridges. Personal bankruptcy on the increase.
              Like a hurricane not too far off these things now merely rattle the
              windows but all too soon will violently tear the roof off our
              collective house. It's only a matter of time. And most of us are
              oblivious.

              I want to go back to writing novels and short stories. But I can't
              because there are five alarm fire bells reverberating inside my
              head. It is not simply the fact I am unemployed and the economy is
              about to crash and burn.

              It is also the fact our government was hijacked by extreme right-
              wing criminals who are determined to invade numerous countries and
              slaughter innumerable people. It is the fact these criminals and
              their accomplices have eviscerated the Constitution and butchered
              the Bill of Rights. I can't go back to writing novels and short
              stories until the alarm bells stop caterwauling inside my head. I'm
              not sure they ever will.

              I have a bad feeling about all of this. November 2 will not change
              anything, regardless of who is the CEO of America, Inc. John Kerry
              has promised to out-Bush Bush in Iraq. He's onboard with
              indiscriminate murder and imposing the neoliberal order (some call
              this the New World Order) on humanity, especially those who have
              natural resources. He's a Skull and Bones elitist. Kerry is an
              outwardly kinder and gentler Bush and if he is chosen on November 2
              nothing will change.

              But I don't think he will be chosen because the American people are
              scared shitless of our engineered and pre-packaged Emmanuel
              Goldsteins who wear turbans and slice off heads and were trained at
              the CIA's Camp Peary. Enough people will vote for Bush because he is
              more ruthless and mean-spirited and the people -- ill-educated,
              intellectually incurious, and brainwashed by Fox News and CNN --
              believe he will do a better job of dealing with (that is to say mass
              murdering) the terrorists, many who are admittedly religious whack
              jobs, although they are whack jobs initially financed and trained in
              the United States (our government spent $6 billion to create the
              radical Muslim variety of terrorist).

              Somewhere there is a photograph of Ronald Reagan conferring with the
              Taliban. Now the same Taliban are killing boys and girls from
              Nebraska and New Jersey in Afghanistan where Bush and the Pentagon
              have no right to be. In Iraq the resistance is killing boys and
              girls from Colorado and Connecticut with weapons sold to Saddam by
              Reagan and Dubya's old man. It is a hellhole sold to the American
              people by Straussian snake oil salesmen.

              It is a big swooshing whorl of insanity and coagulated blood and
              spattered guts and I have absolutely no idea what to do in order to
              make it stop. I know for damn sure voting will not make it stop.

              So I sit in my deck chair.

              And wait.
            • Hogie McM
              food for thought: instead of waiting for the next canticle of leibowitz to be created by someone else, perhaps you should write novels and short stories about
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 1, 2004
                food for thought: instead of waiting for the next canticle of leibowitz to be created by someone else, perhaps you should write novels and short stories
                about the subject you know so much about and publish them.....i fear you are on the verge of catatonia.....
                writing should help counteract the force of the whirling dervishes in your head...
                 
                h
                ----- Original Message -----
                Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 5:33 PM
                Subject: [anthroposophy] Re: Open letter to my daughter


                JOHN B wrote;

                "...Kerry and Bush, are part of the cosmic problem, and they shall
                not afford the way out to its solution. The Threefold Commonwealth
                continues to guide my view of the possibilities for political
                renewal everywhere. As an American I personally consider a vote for
                either of these candidates an immoral act and therefore I shall not
                enter into debate on this particular matter."

                http://www.unknownnews.org/041101a-kn.html

                Nov. 1, 2004

                I'm tired, unable to write much.

                It is three days before the election. I'm not immobilized by fear or
                dread like millions of Americans. Rather I am immobilized by
                resignation. I feel like a man on a sinking ship minus lifeboats or
                life preservers. I'm sitting in a deck chair aftward on the Titanic,
                otherwise known as America, waiting for the end of life as we know
                it.

                Nothing cataclysmic will happen on November 2. Here in New Mexico
                the sun will rise over an untroubled desert and people will get up
                and go about their business as usual. My neighbor will walk his dog.
                FedEx will deliver packages. Cops will write speeding tickets. Pizza
                will be delivered. Construction will plod along on the new store
                around the corner. Outwardly everything will seem absolutely the
                same.

                Beneath the humdrum surface however a volcano is seething, angrily
                burbling, ready to explode in our faces.

                By midnight we will know if Bush will be "re-elected" or Kerry
                elected to serve as the next president of the United States (or the
                CEO of America, Inc., as I call it, because the presidency is owned
                by multinational corporations and rich people). Or maybe we will not
                know because the "race" will be close and the Democrats -- who are
                actually a Lite, somewhat more approachable, although certainly as
                corrupt and double-dealing version of the Republicans -- will
                contest the election and the whole thing will end up in court again.
                Maybe the tension will crawl on past Christmas. Maybe the Supreme
                Court will appoint Bush again. Or maybe there will a terrorist
                attack and martial law will be imposed. Or maybe Kerry will win and
                Bush will leave office and take the unpleasant and hateful
                Straussian neocons with him. Or Bush will win and Kerry will concede
                and there will be exuberant tickertape parades and boastful speeches
                on AM radio where reactionaries hold court every day.

                Regardless, the ship is going down. It's taking on water as I write
                this.

                Our national debt is monstrous and unimaginably burdensome and will
                soon crush the life out of us. I don't claim to know much about
                economics. But I know the government cannot continue to borrow money
                and pass the bill on to future generations. It's untenable. It's
                criminal. Clinton held a surplus and Bush reduced that surplus to a
                whirling black hole of debt in less than four years. It is now
                beginning to suck everything in. If you look close you can see
                things straining and shuddering at their moorings. Inflation.
                Unemployment. Gas prices out of control. States with no money to fix
                roads and schools and bridges. Personal bankruptcy on the increase.
                Like a hurricane not too far off these things now merely rattle the
                windows but all too soon will violently tear the roof off our
                collective house. It's only a matter of time. And most of us are
                oblivious.

                I want to go back to writing novels and short stories. But I can't
                because there are five alarm fire bells reverberating inside my
                head. It is not simply the fact I am unemployed and the economy is
                about to crash and burn.

                It is also the fact our government was hijacked by extreme right-
                wing criminals who are determined to invade numerous countries and
                slaughter innumerable people. It is the fact these criminals and
                their accomplices have eviscerated the Constitution and butchered
                the Bill of Rights. I can't go back to writing novels and short
                stories until the alarm bells stop caterwauling inside my head. I'm
                not sure they ever will.

                I have a bad feeling about all of this. November 2 will not change
                anything, regardless of who is the CEO of America, Inc. John Kerry
                has promised to out-Bush Bush in Iraq. He's onboard with
                indiscriminate murder and imposing the neoliberal order (some call
                this the New World Order) on humanity, especially those who have
                natural resources. He's a Skull and Bones elitist. Kerry is an
                outwardly kinder and gentler Bush and if he is chosen on November 2
                nothing will change.

                But I don't think he will be chosen because the American people are
                scared shitless of our engineered and pre-packaged Emmanuel
                Goldsteins who wear turbans and slice off heads and were trained at
                the CIA's Camp Peary. Enough people will vote for Bush because he is
                more ruthless and mean-spirited and the people -- ill-educated,
                intellectually incurious, and brainwashed by Fox News and CNN --
                believe he will do a better job of dealing with (that is to say mass
                murdering) the terrorists, many who are admittedly religious whack
                jobs, although they are whack jobs initially financed and trained in
                the United States (our government spent $6 billion to create the
                radical Muslim variety of terrorist).

                Somewhere there is a photograph of Ronald Reagan conferring with the
                Taliban. Now the same Taliban are killing boys and girls from
                Nebraska and New Jersey in Afghanistan where Bush and the Pentagon
                have no right to be. In Iraq the resistance is killing boys and
                girls from Colorado and Connecticut with weapons sold to Saddam by
                Reagan and Dubya's old man. It is a hellhole sold to the American
                people by Straussian snake oil salesmen.

                It is a big swooshing whorl of insanity and coagulated blood and
                spattered guts and I have absolutely no idea what to do in order to
                make it stop. I know for damn sure voting will not make it stop.

                So I sit in my deck chair.

                And wait.






                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy
                Unsubscribe:
                anthroposophy-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com 
                List owner:  anthroposophy-owner@yahoogroups.com 



              • joksu57
                Hello all! Thanks to John B. for the reference to the insightful article of Mr. Gulbekian. It is an interesting matter with these dualities: earlier communisn
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 2, 2004
                  Hello all!

                  Thanks to John B. for the reference to the insightful article of Mr.
                  Gulbekian. It is an interesting matter with these dualities: earlier
                  communisn vs. capitalism, now islam vs. christianity or terrorist vs.
                  others (and both sides regard the other side as the real terrorists).

                  With the help of mass media / propaganda there is a tendency to fan
                  the antagonism. In this way it is possible to get the psychic
                  contribution of a very large amount of people to take part in
                  such "fights". Perhaps this can be called a "poor man's version" of
                  the War of All Against All.

                  What has anthroposophy to do with these matters? Well, it can give us
                  a higher perspective to inspect compicated situations. Personally I
                  regard Spiritual Science as a way to know Christ. Taking part to
                  political / militaristic fights is not "My Way".

                  Warm Regards
                  Joksu

                  --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, JOHN B <jtwbjakarta@y...> wrote:
                  > To Br. Ron and the Group
                  >
                  > While graciously admitting error in accepting without reservation
                  the biting criticism of Group member Jan's earlier comment in which I
                  represented the present whereabouts of Rudolf Steiner, I've now the
                  benefit of Br. Ron's reply to my earlier comment to reflect upon.
                  >
                  > I really don't know where to begin in acknowledging Br. Ron's brief
                  remarks, largely because I can only see Kerry and Bush as Karmic
                  twins, and interestingly enough for me as well, members both of Yale
                  University's Skull & Bones Society. So rather than further raise
                  objections to Br. Ron's position, I here append a newsletter article
                  written by a gentleman associated with Temple Lodge Publishers, an
                  article that touches on certain lectures given by Steiner on the role
                  of occult organization in directing world events. It's a short read
                  but valuable. I can only say in closing that America's two party
                  system and its current leading exemplars, Kerry and Bush, are part of
                  the cosmic problem, and they shall not afford the way out to its
                  solution. The Threefold Commonwealth continues to guide my view of
                  the possibilities for political renewal everywhere. As an American I
                  personally consider a vote for either of these candidates an immoral
                  act and therefore I shall not enter into debate on
                  > this particular matter. I've stated my position and I believe Br.
                  Ron has his as well. My best to all ,,,,,, John B
                  >
                  > http://www.newdawnmagazine.com.au/articles/Brothers%20of%20the%
                  20Shadow.html
                  >
                  >
                  > "Br. Ron" <rlloyd@d...> wrote:
                  >
                  > ----- Original Message -----
                  > From: JOHN B
                  >
                  >
                  > How can one anthroposophically countenance the policy conduct and
                  prescriptions of either Bush or Kerry? One can't, of course.
                  >
                  > John, does this mean that even though RS was politically active
                  > his students cannot be?
                  >
                  > BR
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > "Br. Ron" <rlloyd@d...> wrote:
                  > Thanks for the 'cut and paste' spin, my daughter.
                  > >>>>>snip<<<<<<
                  > >> >
                  > >> > PLEASE CONSIDER BUSH'S EXPERIENCE WHEN VOTING. Then
                  > >> >
                  > >> > PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERY VOTER YOU KNOW.
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy
                  > Unsubscribe:
                  > anthroposophy-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                  > List owner: anthroposophy-owner@yahoogroups.com
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
                  > A child is waiting for you.
                  > ·Invest 60¢ a day in the life of a child.·Click here to meet
                  someone who needs your help.
                  >
                  > ---------------------------------
                  > Yahoo! Groups Links
                  >
                  > To visit your group on the web, go to:
                  > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy/
                  >
                  > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                  > anthroposophy-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                  >
                  > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                  Service.
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > ---------------------------------
                  > ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - all new features - even more fun!
                • JOHN B
                  Hi Hogie, Regarding your message to Holderlin66: I ve seen Holderlin66 s many contributions elsewhere over the internet...He s a discerning and gifted writer
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 2, 2004
                    Hi Hogie, Regarding your message to Holderlin66: I've seen Holderlin66's many contributions elsewhere over the internet...He's a discerning and gifted writer already, with a beautiful worldview. However I've only just discovered, by his Nov 1st comment, that he has a keen understanding of financial economics.
                     
                    The Bush Republican Cabal has pushed the finances of the Federal Government irrecoverably over the edge. The slippery slope to the abyss started with the Democrat Lyndon Johnson almost immediately upon his taking the Oath of Office and with each Adminstration thereafter it only got worse. With the Bush/Cheney Cabal's "Templar War" on Iraq, aided and abetted by both major political parties in Congress, Government spending thru ""massive"" debt raising/tax cutting has destroyed the long run viability of America as a constitutional republic. Most likely is the dark prospect of the Federal Government's defaulting on its unserviceable promises: DOMESTICALLY, by hyper-inflating the nation's currency and so destroying America's middle-class, and INTERNATIONALLY, by reneging on its promissory notes at the figurative point of a gun, which in actuality shall be a nuclear missle.
                     
                    Thanks Bush/Cheney & Cabal .... Thanks supine Congress ... Thanks for making fools of the majority of my fellow citizens                                      
                     
                    So, for a truly masochistic experience, vote for either Bush or Kerry later today; whoever the winner, the outcome for the wellbeing of America over the next 4 years will be about the same. As Holderlin66 wrote: THE SHIP OF STATE IS GOING DOWN ...... It's sad really, I loved America but I shall never forget what Edmund Burke once wrote:.."A nation to be loved must first be lovely..."................
                     
                    Thanks Hogie; thanks Holderlin66 ..... I'm John B

                    Hogie McM <hogie@...> wrote:
                    food for thought: instead of waiting for the next canticle of leibowitz to be created by someone else, perhaps you should write novels and short stories
                    about the subject you know so much about and publish them.....i fear you are on the verge of catatonia.....
                    writing should help counteract the force of the whirling dervishes in your head...
                     
                    h
                    ----- Original Message -----
                    Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 5:33 PM
                    Subject: [anthroposophy] Re: Open letter to my daughter


                    JOHN B wrote;

                    "...Kerry and Bush, are part of the cosmic problem, and they shall
                    not afford the way out to its solution. The Threefold Commonwealth
                    continues to guide my view of the possibilities for political
                    renewal everywhere. As an American I personally consider a vote for
                    either of these candidates an immoral act and therefore I shall not
                    enter into debate on this particular matter."

                    http://www.unknownnews.org/041101a-kn.html

                    Nov. 1, 2004

                    I'm tired, unable to write much.

                    It is three days before the election. I'm not immobilized by fear or
                    dread like millions of Americans. Rather I am immobilized by
                    resignation. I feel like a man on a sinking ship minus lifeboats or
                    life preservers. I'm sitting in a deck chair aftward on the Titanic,
                    otherwise known as America, waiting for the end of life as we know
                    it.

                    Nothing cataclysmic will happen on November 2. Here in New Mexico
                    the sun will rise over an untroubled desert and people will get up
                    and go about their business as usual. My neighbor will walk his dog.
                    FedEx will deliver packages. Cops will write speeding tickets. Pizza
                    will be delivered. Construction will plod along on the new store
                    around the corner. Outwardly everything will seem absolutely the
                    same.

                    Beneath the humdrum surface however a volcano is seething, angrily
                    burbling, ready to explode in our faces.

                    By midnight we will know if Bush will be "re-elected" or Kerry
                    elected to serve as the next president of the United States (or the
                    CEO of America, Inc., as I call it, because the presidency is owned
                    by multinational corporations and rich people). Or maybe we will not
                    know because the "race" will be close and the Democrats -- who are
                    actually a Lite, somewhat more approachable, although certainly as
                    corrupt and double-dealing version of the Republicans -- will
                    contest the election and the whole thing will end up in court again.
                    Maybe the tension will crawl on past Christmas. Maybe the Supreme
                    Court will appoint Bush again. Or maybe there will a terrorist
                    attack and martial law will be imposed. Or maybe Kerry will win and
                    Bush will leave office and take the unpleasant and hateful
                    Straussian neocons with him. Or Bush will win and Kerry will concede
                    and there will be exuberant tickertape parades and boastful speeches
                    on AM radio where reactionaries hold court every day.

                    Regardless, the ship is going down. It's taking on water as I write
                    this.

                    Our national debt is monstrous and unimaginably burdensome and will
                    soon crush the life out of us. I don't claim to know much about
                    economics. But I know the government cannot continue to borrow money
                    and pass the bill on to future generations. It's untenable. It's
                    criminal. Clinton held a surplus and Bush reduced that surplus to a
                    whirling black hole of debt in less than four years. It is now
                    beginning to suck everything in. If you look close you can see
                    things straining and shuddering at their moorings. Inflation.
                    Unemployment. Gas prices out of control. States with no money to fix
                    roads and schools and bridges. Personal bankruptcy on the increase.
                    Like a hurricane not too far off these things now merely rattle the
                    windows but all too soon will violently tear the roof off our
                    collective house. It's only a matter of time. And most of us are
                    oblivious.

                    I want to go back to writing novels and short stories. But I can't
                    because there are five alarm fire bells reverberating inside my
                    head. It is not simply the fact I am unemployed and the economy is
                    about to crash and burn.

                    It is also the fact our government was hijacked by extreme right-
                    wing criminals who are determined to invade numerous countries and
                    slaughter innumerable people. It is the fact these criminals and
                    their accomplices have eviscerated the Constitution and butchered
                    the Bill of Rights. I can't go back to writing novels and short
                    stories until the alarm bells stop caterwauling inside my head. I'm
                    not sure they ever will.

                    I have a bad feeling about all of this. November 2 will not change
                    anything, regardless of who is the CEO of America, Inc. John Kerry
                    has promised to out-Bush Bush in Iraq. He's onboard with
                    indiscriminate murder and imposing the neoliberal order (some call
                    this the New World Order) on humanity, especially those who have
                    natural resources. He's a Skull and Bones elitist. Kerry is an
                    outwardly kinder and gentler Bush and if he is chosen on November 2
                    nothing will change.

                    But I don't think he will be chosen because the American people are
                    scared shitless of our engineered and pre-packaged Emmanuel
                    Goldsteins who wear turbans and slice off heads and were trained at
                    the CIA's Camp Peary. Enough people will vote for Bush because he is
                    more ruthless and mean-spirited and the people -- ill-educated,
                    intellectually incurious, and brainwashed by Fox News and CNN --
                    believe he will do a better job of dealing with (that is to say mass
                    murdering) the terrorists, many who are admittedly religious whack
                    jobs, although they are whack jobs initially financed and trained in
                    the United States (our government spent $6 billion to create the
                    radical Muslim variety of terrorist).

                    Somewhere there is a photograph of Ronald Reagan conferring with the
                    Taliban. Now the same Taliban are killing boys and girls from
                    Nebraska and New Jersey in Afghanistan where Bush and the Pentagon
                    have no right to be. In Iraq the resistance is killing boys and
                    girls from Colorado and Connecticut with weapons sold to Saddam by
                    Reagan and Dubya's old man. It is a hellhole sold to the American
                    people by Straussian snake oil salesmen.

                    It is a big swooshing whorl of insanity and coagulated blood and
                    spattered guts and I have absolutely no idea what to do in order to
                    make it stop. I know for damn sure voting will not make it stop.

                    So I sit in my deck chair.

                    And wait.






                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy
                    Unsubscribe:
                    anthroposophy-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com 
                    List owner:  anthroposophy-owner@yahoogroups.com 





                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anthroposophy
                    Unsubscribe:
                    anthroposophy-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com 
                    List owner:  anthroposophy-owner@yahoogroups.com 




                    ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - all new features - even more fun!

                  • Sheldon Warman
                    ... grandchildren. It will imprison them. I suppose that you think that destroying social security, which is what Mr Bush will try to do is good for YOU?
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 5, 2004
                      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Br. Ron" <rlloyd@d...> wrote:
                      >The sneaky agenda of your John Kerry will not free my
                      grandchildren. It will imprison them.

                      I suppose that you think that destroying social security, which is
                      what Mr Bush will try to do is good for YOU?

                      Sheldon
                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.