Re: Tone Zodiac

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 22, 2004
      Dear Marcus Tristan Heathcock;

      New insights into new models of how tone can be portrayed are
      tremendous tools for Eurythmy and music teaching. I liked the way
      you did both drawings. As a Waldorf teacher there was a wonderful
      warmth to how you did it. No, I'm a Speech and Drama person and I
      have charts of the full color breakdown of the consonants and vowels
      with zodiac forms as Eurythmy figures..in gestures and colors.

      Somehow I got the impression you were in Russia and the name
      Heathcock seems like I should be seeing you riding with Paul Revere
      in the American Revolution. I currently reside in Texas. Ichabad
      Crane comes to my mind along with the Heathcock family emblem.
    • Marcus Tristan Heathcock
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 22, 2004
        Dear Holderlin66,

        Thank you for your reply. I would be most interested to see your
        charts of vowels and consonants with Zodiac forms - would you be able
        to upload something in the files section? I played piano for the West
        Midlands Eurythmy school for several years and I often draw eurythmy
        forms for my compositions, even if they aren't directly composed for
        eurythmy performance. So any visual ideas are very helpful.

        My name is an old one from the West Midlands area of the UK and that
        is where I am from. I was born not far from Birmingham, but I have
        spent the last 8 years working in St Petersburg, Russia. I hope that
        explains the name and why I seem to be out of place! But I loved your
        image of 'riding with Paul Revere in the American Revolution' - much
        more colourful than the reality!

        All the very best,

        Marcus