Tone Zodiac

  • Marcus Tristan Heathcock
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 17, 2004
      Dear All,

      I was drawing with my daughter yesterday and sharing her wonderful
      Caran D'ache pencils with her (you can use them both as pencils and
      paints) and I made a little drawing of the Tone Zodiac picture that I
      often refer to when working on a composition. I thought it might be
      of use to other composers and musicians out there so I have uploaded
      it into the files section.

      All the very best,

      Marcus
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 19, 2004
        Marcus Tristan Heathcock wrote:

        "drawing of the Tone Zodiac picture that I
        often refer to when working on a composition. I thought it might be
        of use to other composers and musicians out there so I have uploaded
        it into the files section."

        Great, little drawing of a Tone Zodiac...priceless, trully
        functional, danke, thanks...really fine.
      • Marcus Tristan Heathcock
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 19, 2004
          Dear Holderlin66,

          I am very happy that you found the Tone Zodiac useful. Are you a also
          a composer, or do you find it useful for a different purpose? I would
          be very interested to know, if you have time to write about it.

          All the very best,

          Marcus

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 22, 2004
            Dear Marcus Tristan Heathcock;

            New insights into new models of how tone can be portrayed are
            tremendous tools for Eurythmy and music teaching. I liked the way
            you did both drawings. As a Waldorf teacher there was a wonderful
            warmth to how you did it. No, I'm a Speech and Drama person and I
            have charts of the full color breakdown of the consonants and vowels
            with zodiac forms as Eurythmy figures..in gestures and colors.

            Somehow I got the impression you were in Russia and the name
            Heathcock seems like I should be seeing you riding with Paul Revere
            in the American Revolution. I currently reside in Texas. Ichabad
            Crane comes to my mind along with the Heathcock family emblem.
          • Marcus Tristan Heathcock
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 22, 2004
              Dear Holderlin66,

              Thank you for your reply. I would be most interested to see your
              charts of vowels and consonants with Zodiac forms - would you be able
              to upload something in the files section? I played piano for the West
              Midlands Eurythmy school for several years and I often draw eurythmy
              forms for my compositions, even if they aren't directly composed for
              eurythmy performance. So any visual ideas are very helpful.

              My name is an old one from the West Midlands area of the UK and that
              is where I am from. I was born not far from Birmingham, but I have
              spent the last 8 years working in St Petersburg, Russia. I hope that
              explains the name and why I seem to be out of place! But I loved your
              image of 'riding with Paul Revere in the American Revolution' - much
              more colourful than the reality!

              All the very best,

              Marcus