New File - to Wagner enthuasiasts

  • joksu57
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2004
      Hello Friends!

      Late this summer I had the possibility to experience (again)
      Wagner's magnificient "Der Ring des Niebelungen". During these
      performances I also promised to interpret the spiritual significance
      of these operas (according to my insights) to some members of the
      Finnish Rose-Cross.

      This "opera-stuff" came up along my discussions with Jan
      (Starbirdgarden) and then I promised to write something to her using
      my old text as a basis. This text is now (slightly modified) in the
      File Section. Only the main parts of the libretto are interpreted
      and to make some sense about the text it is necessary to know the
      libretto or at least a synopsis of the plots of the four operas. (I
      don't guarantee that this text makes sense even after these
      preparations!)

      If someone is interested in the subject and wants to ask something
      about incidents in Ring not dealed with in my text, I'll try to
      answer. And different interpretations are more than welcome.

      Warm Regards
      Joksu
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 6, 2004
        joksu wrote:

        Hello Friends!

        Well I am so glad to hear your voice again. Gad what a long drought,
        aside from sister Jan.
      • joksu57
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 6, 2004
          Hi Bradford!

          It's so nice to see your greetings. I have been quite lazy with
          this "forum-business", but I'll try to improve my conduct. In Easter
          time there is a Parsifal-performance in Helsinki, so at least then I
          might be able to get some new "inspiration" to write. (Well, after a
          second thought, I'm not so sure if this before mentioned timescale
          promises actual improvement...)

          It worries me a bit that the director of the opera is Harry Kupfer;
          the one who made the (in)famous Flying Dutchman -production, where
          the Dutchman is "reduced" to Senta's hallucination and in the end of
          the opera Senta commits a suicide. This materialistic and depressing
          interpretation has been much appraised! If the name of the opera had
          been "Senta's delirium", I could understand the justification of this
          kind of interpretation. What can Kupfer possibly do with Parsifal?
          Well, anyway he can't spoil the music and maybe there's some
          improvement over the years.

          Warm Greetings, Friend
          Joksu