Re: A great Transcendentalist

  • Herbert Schumacher
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 2, 2004
      Hello Br. RON...nice to meet you here.

      Anton..037..dcgmt..Stuttgart..Germany

      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Br. Ron" <rlloyd@d...> wrote:

      > Henry David Thoreau has always been one of my favorites.
      >
      > He writes:
      >
      > "In eternity there is indeed something true and sublime.
      > But all these times and places and occasions are now and here.
      > God himself culminates in the present moment and will never
      > be more divine in the lapse of the ages."
      >
      > He continues
      >
      > "Time is but a stream I go a-fishing in.
      > I drink at it, but when I drink I see the sandy bottom
      > and detect how shallow it is.
      > Its thin current slides away but eternity remains."
      >
      > I love this but do have a reservation about the
      > "Time is but a stream I go a-fishing in," line.
      >
      > I never saw Time as illusory like the Transcendentalists do
      > but rather a supremely and profoundly important process
      > guiding one to completion and liberty.
      >
      > Few Qabalists seek the 'goal-less' repose in Eternity of Buddhism
      > but rather the mastery and completion of linear Time.
      > (In other words, they seek to perfect 'Becoming' as well as 'Being')
      >
      > If God is a verb.....THE Verb! ....(commanding both
      > Action AND Being) let us pray it be an evolution of
      > Perpetual Refinement, Love and Beauty.
      >
      > For this opportunity we were given a Sacrifice at Golgotha.
      > ...an Event at the Hub of the Time...a poignant, priceless moment
      > of Timelessness possible only at the still point resting the very
      > Center of the revolving Wheel of History.
      >
      > This Center is nothing less than the Sun (Son) around which all
      orbiting
      > things gain the very Light of their Life.
      >
      > May we be gratefully satisfied with orbiting ...instead replacing
      > The Solar Logos.
      >
      > The Christ can never be successfully replaced by our own sublimely
      > inadequate sense of self importance. This is the primary lesson needed
      > by all Transcendentalists. ........................Even the great ones
      >
      > BR
    • Herbert Schumacher
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 3, 2004
        True and honest SPIRITUALISM is accorded with
        ANTHROPOSOPHY. The Dimensions of LIGHT. The
        HEAVENS of pure Spirituality. Astral realms.
        Cosmic etheric planets and beings. SO WE ARE
        NOT ALLONE and we are NOT isolated. There is
        the true META world around us. CONTACTS are
        possible and awareness.... schuh.