Dispositiondestination

  • danifyou@tv.videotron.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2004
      Es Färbte Sich Die Wiese Grün
      (With Color Blooms the Meadow Green), by Novalis
      Translation by Leon Malinofsky

      With color blooms the meadow green;
      Upon the hedgerows buds are seen,
      And daily I remarked new flow'rings
      On soft bright days of heavenly show'rings.
      I knew not, how it came to me,
      Nor how all this had come to be.

      And ever darker the wood grew,
      The realm of merry warblers, too--
      Their carols drew me down the ways
      Where tuneful sound in sweet mist plays.
      I knew not, how it came to me,
      Nor how all this had come to be.

      It stirred and flowered all around
      With color, life, and scent, and sound--
      They seemed all gladly to combine
      That lovely visions might be mine.
      I knew not, how it came to me,
      Nor how all this had come to be.

      But was this an new empire's birth?
      The bushes spring from crumbly earth;
      The trees in turn take creatures' guise,
      And man from creatures doth arise.
      I knew not, how it came to me,
      Nor how all this had come to be.

      And as I stood and wondered so,