Joint handbook notes on How to fight against Asuras

    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 17, 2004
      Current Asuric Tracking notes from the Extended Michael School.

      Lead off Quote: Jan

      "While it is true that the forces of evil, presently swarming
      through the moth-holes in our etheric moral atmosphere, embodied in
      nano technology and manipulated genome, clothed in lie and the dark
      fairy tale of modern science, are very great and growing greater, it
      is also true that a mustard seed is, or appears, very small. And yet
      is mighty. As is a halfling-hobbit. The fulcrum here is the power of
      what appears tiniest, seemingly less significant, but is actually
      spiritually colossal."

      Jan lays out the perspective:

      "Those less familiar with anthroposophy and I know there are such on
      this list, might ask what to do with such knowledge that they may
      not be discouraged by the sheer scale of the onslaught and overcome?
      The first thing of course is to acknowledge what Steiner often told,
      that knowing is the first protection and the greatest hindrance to
      the adversaries, so study and honest striving for insight is
      essential.

      The first and greatest Ahrimanic deception is achieved by tying us
      to dead weights of heredity, atoms and placing us in a mechanistic
      universe with the belief that we are simply naked apes and so devoid
      of any spiritual power to change the situation in which we find
      ourselves. Its all too big and we are all too small and puny goes
      the constant refrain. Wrong again.

      Ahriman covets and
      fears what is laid down by the Gods in the human being. His victory
      lies in keeping us all enchanted as frogs rather than princes and
      princesses, serfs and wage slaves rather than Royal Children of the
      Father, younger Brothers and Sisters of the Christ. What appears so
      frail and minute in the Ahrimanically presented schema - human
      spiritual potential - is actually great, creative and powerful. The
      human heart is the true magnifying agent.

      Our very anger, when righteously aroused on our brother's behalf,
      becomes the power of blessing in later life."

      Bradford poses surrounding issues;

      "If we look at the infection and the effects that radiation and DU or
      Depleted Urnaium has on man..we also come to an elemental mystery of
      how moral forces and betrayed fire spirits, ancient Agni fire gods,
      and spirits have been knocked out of sync with human development
      through our nuclear testing. You might say, how did you get that
      strange idea Bugford? Well my geiger counter is going to tell me
      that this part of the woods is not going to be safe to walk. Even if
      everything looks the same, the buildings are intact, flowers seem to
      grow, cars are in the streets, food is in cans, but something is
      wrong, the people are all dead.

      But try to hold in your depleted brain case, under the evil
      enchantment that allows thinking to go toward suicide, that Steiner,
      and most here on this list, will verify to your wicked enchantment
      that moral fire, elemental beings, salamanders and fire spirits of
      the great Agni, Asura and Sorathian variety, garden variety Saturn
      Courage and Immortality forces that are hiding as the central Core
      of the I AM and the conscious link to white or black magic are real
      FIRE."

      Following the inner debate further;

      We need to ask ourselves, if the fire tear
      in the ethers from nuclear enhanced matter allows the release of
      moral fire from the inner core of the Earth?

      What does this statement mean? We do not see the Fire Agni Spirits
      but they kill us in our bone marrow none the less. Moral forces are
      layered into the nine layers of the inner earth. And for humans the
      most refined moral ethers circulate in the core of our bones. In a
      way it is like moving from the epidermal layers of the outer skin of
      a human to the very core of the heart.

      "The skin is your largest organ, weighing about four kilograms and
      covering about two square metres. It is your interface with the
      environment, protecting you against chemicals, bacteria and
      radiation, helping you to maintain a stable body temperature, and
      stopping you from losing fluid and vital body chemicals. Your skin
      contains nerve endings that allow you to feel objects. Nails, which
      are also part of your skin layer, enable you to prise things open.

      The skin is waterproof, strong and resilient, yet also flexible. It
      consists of two layers of cells. The outer layer is called the
      epidermis and is made up of epithelial cells. The epidermis is
      supported from below by the dermis, which is a network of elastic
      fibres, blood vessels, hair follicles and roots, nerve endings, and
      sweat and lymph glands. Underneath the dermis, there is another
      layer of cells known as the hypodermis, which contains loose
      connective tissue and fat.

      The epidermis contains many layers of closely packed cells. The
      cells nearest the skin's surface are flat and filled with a hard
      substance called keratin. The epidermis contains no blood vessels –
      these are all in the dermis and deeper layers."

      Bradford continues;

      Can you see patches, literally holes torn in the ethers, where the
      Agni ancient Saturn and Asuric forces crawl out of their entombment
      in the inner earth and search for the food which they need? The food
      which they need is the moral fire of the immortal forces of the
      human being. People look carefully at these things. What is "The
      Hunger"? Well it was a film but now we are dealing with prematurely
      released fire. We think that by taking the precautions we have taken
      in nuclear plants around the world that we are containing, juggling
      and defusing the ancient released, Agni Fire Spirits.

      Danny Contributes a remarkable Picture!

      "We came to the fearful hollow
      where once had wallowed
      the monsters of the earth:
      it was indeed, as I had beheld it in my dream,
      a lovely lake. I gazed into its pellucid depths.
      A whirlpool had swept out the soil
      in which the abortions burrowed,
      and at the bottom lay visible
      the whole horrid brood:
      a dim greenish light pervaded
      the crystalline water, and revealed
      every hideous from beneath it.
      Coiled in spires, folded in layers,
      knotted on themselves,
      or "extended long and large,"
      they weltered in motionless heaps--
      shapes more fantastic in ghoulish,
      blasting dismay, than ever wine-sodden brain
      of exhausted poet fevered into misbeing.
      He who dived in the swirling Maelstrom
      saw none to compare with them in horror:
      tentacular convolutions, tumid bulges,
      glaring orbs of sepian deformity,
      would have looked to him innocence
      beside such incarnations of hatefulness--
      every head the wicked flower that, bursting
      from an abominable stalk,
      presented its evil significance."...

      Bradford chimes in again;

      Technology thinks it contains these things. But let us look at the
      moral bone marrow hunger of the future moral fire, prematurely
      opened in the ether holes of the planet. In the core of the occult
      Earth we compressed and contained the negative field of the higher I
      AM. Along the surface of the planet, where we live, we go about our
      daily lives and our incarnations and our cultural developments with
      a brushing and submerged insight into forces, powerful cosmic forces
      that presently are pressing up from the Core of the Earth into our
      laps.

      Jan brings the Etheric Christ to the Center of the Nuclear issue
      where it belongs;

      Quote from 'The Form of the Fourth' by Mary Fullerson

      "We go deeper now. The skin is the outermost boundary of tangible,
      physical form; bone marrow is the opposite pole of inmost being.
      When the one is touched, the other reached by conscious Fire, they
      are made impervious and self restoring. When we relate properly to
      others in our thoughts and our feelings, our skin is changed. Marrow
      is quickened when we relate properly to Christ. This is the axis of
      surrender, the polarization of the two great Laws of Love as they
      affect physical tissue.

      Radiation fall out is the negative energy resulting from man's
      abortive and self motivated use of cosmic powers. It can be changed
      to Light. Each particle can be transformed, beginning in the body of
      each Son. There the charge of negative can meet the positive of true
      dedication in an actual alchemy of radiation. It then ceases to
      damage and becomes an energizing factor to protect and emanate as
      transforming Light. As the transforming Blood is felt to circulate
      through arteries and veins when there is true identification in the
      Eucharistic rite, awareness of the Fire of Transfiguration makes it
      possible to feel the Light Body circulating through the marrow. This
      is Radiance. Radiance overcomes radiation. It will do this
      literally. Conscious Fire, Element of the invincible, posited in bone
      and marrow, agrees in essence with the Form of the Overcomer and
      attracts it there. Being of the same substance with the Light of
      etheric Presence, there is a magnetic drawing together and in the
      circle of Light which the two bodies form, radiation of lower level
      or degree is powerless. This is the Law of superior energy which man
      will come to know and live by in New Day." end quote.

      Bradford pursues the research;

      Now the accelerated field of holes, neatly placed nuclear power
      plants, can be compared, and pay attention here people, can be
      compared to how the Brotherhoods planted Churches at significant
      distances, and paths along the surface of the Earth. Some of those
      Churches have their foundations in ancient elemental and occult foci
      or geographic mysteries. Pagan Elemental wells, springs, lunar
      intersections, Greenwich longitude Time markers. Etheric language
      accents and etheric plant forces move along these occult markers.

      "Everyone uses Greenwich Time (pronounced "Grenich"). This is the
      time at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, England. Greenwich is
      the place where the "zero" line of longitude runs (north-south).
      Why? Because it had to be somewhere and at the time it was defined,
      Britain was the Big Cheese.

      It is also called "International Time", or "Greenwich Mean Time."

      Interestingly, the rotation period of the Earth is not exactly 24
      hours. It is 23 hours 59 minutes and a few seconds. It is gradually
      slowing down due to the tidal influence of the Moon. As the Moon is
      forced farther away, it bleeds rotational energy from the Earth,
      slowing the Earth. It moves away a few centimeters a year.
      Eventually it will be lost (millions of years from now, or
      billions)."

      Bradford adds;

      But Steiner had posed a future relationship with the Moon that might
      grow complex bits of morality, human brain substance devoid of
      morality, combined with immoral techno, semi-ensouled machine
      beings. If the Moon drifts away we see a vast micro world, a nano
      technology wizardry in the layered intellect arising. If the Moon
      after drifting away comes closer, these fragments can arise to
      overthrow human beings. We are part of the process now in how we
      hold our own Calibrated development within certain margins or betray
      that margin irrationally because we do not have the courage, spirit
      or thinking capacity to see the interconnectedness of things. And to
      share Steiner's pre-emptive insights that these immoral techno
      beings between silcon stone and plant arise to insect layer and
      arose from our union with insect like techno achievements uprooted
      from moral forces is to follow an intense line of thinking that
      specialization in our sciences and Morality in our world, refuses to
      make.

      Jan takes up the Courage of these the least of us;

      "While it is true that the forces of evil, presently swarming
      through the moth-holes in our etheric moral atmosphere, embodied in
      nano technology and manipulated genome, clothed in lie and the dark
      fairy tale of modern science, are very great and growing greater, it
      is also true that a mustard seed is, or appears, very small. And yet
      is mighty. As is a halfling-hobbit. The fulcrum here is the power of
      what appears tiniest, seemingly less significant, but is actually
      spiritually colossal. The power of turning inside out. Moon
      magnification of evil is fore-cast already by Ahriman in the electro
      magnetic nexus of manipulated news, spider-spun and enwebbing the
      earth in a counter-butterfly cocoon, to bring forth only the still-
      born and aborted. The lie is daily affirmed by media such as the BBC
      or British Brainwashing Corporation and all its outlets around the
      world, among many others, designed specifically to terrorize and
      divide. The broadcasting of the 1938 'War of the Worlds' as a news
      item was only partly a deliberately connived Tavistock style
      experiment in mass mind manipulation and crowd control. It was also
      farming, harvesting of fear, food for beings who continue to factory
      farm and milk us like cows. As long as we let them."

      Bradford continues;

      Now the Agni/Asuric forces we deal with in slow infection have to do
      with accelerated moral decay. If the human being can be hurled along
      paths, hurled meaning, it appears slow, but in relation to nuclear
      fission holes in the ether and releasing out of sync future Asuric
      elementals into the environment, look you, gradually morality begins
      to decay. No Geneva Convention will stand up against our inability
      to see the connection of things in the universe.

      In semi summary:

      Ancient Saturn, where anthro impaired thinkers have not explored, is
      where our fire and immortality were salvaged and linked, along with
      the destiny of Christ to slow moral development, Earth based
      development. But because of the very nature of the Christ entering
      the core of the Earth, there has come to us, even before we are
      ready to think through these things, a kind of accelerated Manichean
      moral issue, of slow or rapid addiction, moral decay, devouring
      ecstasy pills and participating in happy time sexual orgies,
      released free basing Porn, offered for all ages and all tastes. Now
      this challenge of the dark fires against the challenge of the white
      fires need not creep up on us in such a secret and infectious
      manner. We refuse to think and catch up to these things none the
      less.

      We could picture to ourselves how various technologies we release on
      the upper part of the globe are really part of the key codes that
      release deeper and deeper occult mysteries in layers of the inner
      Earth. But we must have real thinking to approach our countrymen
      with living educational insights. The closest thing to imagining all
      that I have said here, would be Sauron and his ancient Saturn
      development.

      "Sauron (which means "terrible" in Kvenian) is a supreme being,
      ainur, created by the thought of Iluvatar (i.e. "father of
      everything") from Flame Imperishable. He is one of the makers of
      Arda, a visible world, as well as a maiar. Sauron served Aule the
      Smith, the Lord of all the beings. He is the embodiment of Evil
      in "The Lord of the Rings".

      Bradford folds arms;

      It is to our horror and nightmare that we present wonderful nuclear
      containment, reams of techno gibberish and yet fail to imagine what
      truly makes up the Moral forces of our Earth. Our failure to
      understand the holes we are knocking in the occult Earth with our
      nuclear testing, and sprinkling of the ecosystem with Depleted
      Uranium etc, produces future fire energy without present or past
      fire insight.

      All of this as it relates to the Christ Being has been hidden from
      us. All of this, as it relates to locations of nuclear plants and
      new churches for the Asuric Beings to be thrust into cannisters and
      dumped in mountains like sacred Native American grounds and Yucca
      Mountain or tossed to leak and rust at the bottom of the seas,
      reveals a failure to understand the Beasts of Light that we must
      needs encounter as Picture and Imagination and as Science and
      Technology. Central to such understanding is the core of the
      Immortality of Humanity and the mystery of the Occult Core of the
      Nine Layered Earth.

      Jan wonderfully contributed;

      "Churches were sited not only upon holy, healing wells and caverns of
      ancient initiation but also deliberately built upon vortex sites of
      evil earth energies, often of a very baleful, raw kind and
      consciously transformed within the community of the church, often by
      means of ceremony and chanting, re-enchanting into raised and useful
      form what was seeping from darker regions of the earth. A form of
      search and transform - a Manichean journey into the darkest places
      secure in the magical power of Christ-light. This is no longer
      understood and it is the task of those who can to detect and act in
      an appropriate way upon such energies, as there are ever more
      sources. There is much more to say on this, perhaps on future
      occasions."

      In Christic Imaginations you can go to any Altar of the Christian
      Community or to Waldorf Schools and see brilliant paintings,
      Imaginations of the Christ Being in all his Solar glory painted
      around the pictured Golgotha event and Michael and the Dragon
      pictures at the entrance ways to schools. Let us link the related
      fields of insight along these lines.

      Einstein, Oppenheimer and President Harry Truman, 33rd President of
      the United States, reveals the culmination of a cycle of a 12 year
      assault by Ahrimanic Beings to finally establish the release on
      Earth of lofty imprisoned Fire Beings. Incinerating Agni fire
      spirits were used directly on Human Beings to end WWII. But all we
      deal with are the symptoms not the underlying stream of moral
      events. Hitler was just a core, vortex personality along with Japan
      which focused and motivated all parties, all the warring parties to
      give birth to the nuclear beast. We fail to see that that was the
      intention of Ahrimanic and frustrating and pressing forces of WWII.
      We fail to see how the reverberations of the Christ Etheric Rising
      and the birth of Spiritual Science caused such mighty choatic
      ripples in the chaos of the moral sphere of Man. These ugly
      motivating inspirations moved along in conjunction with the Christ
      Event of 1933 and the depth of Initiation Science released by Dr.
      Steiner.

      In Christic terms there is one Gold twenty dollar piece minted in
      1933, the only and last one left after the batch were destroyed,
      that was worth 8 million dollars. Gold and the human I AM are in
      refined enhanced moral distribution over the whole Earth. Coupled
      with fine Iron forces that enter the blood through the meteor
      showers in August.

      Now science recently have revealed to stunned researchers how great
      patches of Sea are sinisterly cold and devoid of oxygen. Fish
      suddenly swim in these mighty migrating oxygenless cool regions and
      whole regions of flora, fauna and fish die of asphixiation. These
      migrating shadow patches of icy clustered waters are moving in our
      oceans like giant cancerous cells of life sucking, etheric depleting
      gloomy monsters.

      Gatherered around our cities, Asuric like Predator shadows, and if
      we need a picture, imagine the Predator movie with a being invisible
      to our sight, but in their elemental power, stalk the cities for
      prey and to feed on moral depravity. You ask about gun control and
      stopping crime and blah, and blah, and blah, and what little efforts
      to take hold of the whole picture of the moral sphere of humanity,
      does the tiny patch of whining do? Yes we shouldn't hurt each other
      now should we? We shouldn't have those bad, bad impulses now should
      we? But where in blithering hell do you think these impulses are
      coming from, if not man himself and being drawn out of him in a
      decayed light infected environment.

      We imagine that violence, and War and wonderful helium ideas of
      peace can arise when we are unaware of how profoundly interconnected
      and potent are the forces that we are not dealing with. Why? Because
      the specialization of departments of thinking at our universities
      have severed the interconnectedness of reality that RAchel Carson
      grasped.

      The Church fails us in catching up with Imagination. "Lord of the
      Rings" is quickly buried a Pop culture tweeks, clubs and crackpots
      but the Imagination is not applied, the fruit of the writing and the
      film is harvesting the pictures that overlay our moral development
      and our sciences. Human beings just scamper away from considering
      the reality of our current Abu Ghraib and over 200 world wide
      Torture chambers, torture Photo Ops and smiling gawking over
      tortured and murdered humans. This little argument, against the
      Geneva Convention that the United States has raised is just the tip
      of a massive iceberg on which we are riding. Dare you imagine what
      is under our feet and how the whole layered strata of Earth are
      truly based on Occult nucleus of how the bones of man are made and
      the central core of the force of the I Am?

      So have we ripped holes in the Ether strata to let these beings out
      and is our technology from GPS and microwave satellites and our
      positioning of nuclear reactors and other deadly labs linked
      together with our military satellite operations creating a kind of
      projection in space of inner earth occult realities?

      To understand the long forgotten notion of "The China Syndrome" we
      must be reminded that melting, fizzling, Fire Spirit infected
      immoral matter could, through a nuclear meltdown, melt all the way
      through from one point on the Earth, all the way through the Earth
      and down to the otherside of the Earth in what is termed Meltdown or
      the China Syndrome. It was called "The China Syndrome" but what type
      of cluster of embryonic monsters would arise if such melting into
      the core of the Earth would ever occur?
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 18, 2004
        "We fail to see how the reverberations of the Christ Etheric Rising
        and the birth of Spiritual Science caused such mighty choatic
        ripples in the chaos of the moral sphere of Man. These ugly
        motivating inspirations moved along in conjunction with the Christ
        Event of 1933 and the depth of Initiation Science released by Dr.
        Steiner."

        So friends;

        Out of humanity was to arise and is arising AnthroSophia. Now here
        as we raise all our efforts, all over the world, from the well
        spring of Spiritual Science, we encounter that a garment, a Soul
        Clothing and a humanized drive of moral light and courage is wedded
        to the Etheric Christ Rising out of 1933. It is that we come to meet
        the Etheric Christ with Human enriched Soul Courage.

        This dear friends, is where we go all wrong with our collective
        understanding of WWII. We get Churchill and we get American and the
        world engaged in real manifesations of evil.. But we get a
        collective courage and we have so far wallowed in the history of
        this collective global courage, without seeing the Iron Michael
        substance that was infused into the mix through the vast insights of
        Spiritual Science.

        Oh, yes, Switzerland and Germany and the German language, poisoned
        by being German was also the antidote to the crisis through Steiner
        and Spiritual Science. But what we are searching for, and what many
        over the globe including Ben Aaran have groped livingly toward, is
        that we are building the Sophia or the Anthrosophia Soul Body of the
        marriage of the Risen Etheric Christ Being through the weaving of
        our thoughts and deeds. We are wedding the HUMAN GEMUT to the Risen
        Etheric Christ Being. All the rich recognition of what this lover
        means to us and the new born solar system in the human heart are
        rising in the midst to cloth and meet the Risen Christ.

        History, bogged down in sentimentality and a failure to see the
        event where we can measure...go out and measure, Charlie Chaplin
        and "The Great Dictator" against the rise of Hitler.

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Dictator

        "The film ends with the barber, having been mistaken for the
        dictator, delivering a radio address to the nation following the
        Tomanian take-over of Osterlich (an obvious reference to the German
        Anschluss of Austria on March 12, 1938). The address is widely
        interpreted (see e.g. [1] below) as a personal plea from Chaplin.
        Chaplin's plea, seen as an overtly political speech, may be part of
        the reason Chaplin was expelled from the United States during the
        McCarthy era."
      • muriel durand-bourlier
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 18, 2004
          You speak in your (very long ) e-mail about the Lord of the rings and the presence of Sauron. I haven't seen the film yet and I also wonder whether there is question of energy or process or entity more powerful than Christ. In that case, it could be the answer to the question of which energy can help cure and find again the will to serve and find light (because I do agree with most of your analyses about problems in our society and about present or future effects of Asuras but I'm sure it's not Christ who can cure. Christ is here to find one's I AM but if someone has refused and is under the influence of Asuras because of bad choices and mistakes, Christ energy is no more sufficient to help).

          I've read about the spirit of Bouddha and his role combined with Christ but it's not clear yet for me if he may be the answer.  God is a solution of which I had also thought (but nothing anywhere in Steiner texts about this). His texts about Asuras are very negative and I haven't found yet a writing of Steiner in which he would speak about means or entities to cure someone under the influence of Asuras.
          ...still looking for...

          holderlin66 <holderlin66@...> wrote:
[...]

          Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

          Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arrivé ! Découvrez toutes les nouveautés pour dialoguer instantanément avec vos amis. Téléchargez GRATUITEMENT ici !
        • Mark Willan
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 19, 2004
            Hi everyone

            I am replying late on this thread, because I have been away in England.

            I am afraid that, good though some of the speculation on list has been,
            it just is not good enough.

            In actual fact, if anyone were to rely on the Christ-impulse alone to
            defend against the Asuras, they would be very quickly in very deep
            water.

            I know this, because some 10 years ago, I made this very mistake, in my
            only encounter with them to date. And despite my best efforts, it is
            only now, some 10 years plus later, that the evil caused in just now
            beginning to be lifted.

            I should explain further:

            I have been daily practising various exercises in the Anthroposophic
            traditions for the last 30 years, and have worked with the late Massimo
            Scaligero personally in Italy, under the late Michael Wilson, who was
            my Class Reader in the UK, and at the time of my encounter with the
            Asuras, I was in close contact with Gerard Klockenbring, the founder of
            the Christian Community in France, where I was, at the time member of
            the council for the Paris Community.

            At the time, I was able to discuss this at length (several hours) with
            Klockenbring, and had not been able to go any further than you guys
            on-list.

            The main feature of the Asuras is the fact that they are anti-Christ
            beings. Their will is of such absolute total annihilation that they
            obtain the co-operation of Lucifer and Ahriman, basically by scaring
            the pants off them!

            My experience was one where they manifested in me, and maintained that
            evil impulses were my own. (This is a lie - and is only credible for
            beginners in spirit manifestations - because all spirit beings manifest
            within us. But this is part of their intent - to pollute the human
            heart and soul with guilt even if they cannot force the human to do
            their bidding). FYI - they have manifested in this way in phenomena of
            crowd/mass hysteria, where the group souls illegitimately takes over
            the individual free I, and leaves the victims riddled with guilt,
            Typical manifestations are in the Nazi rallies of the 1930s, and in
            mass murder/rape phenomena in Bosnia and other trouble spots in recent
            times.

            The problem in fighting them is not just the typical
            Luciferic/Ahrimanic one (i.e. the catch-22 of if you do as I say you
            lose your freedom, if you don't I eat your energy from fighting me -
            for which the solution is to let go and simply be your own I, in union
            with the etheric Christ).

            The issue is that they have the force to withstand the call to the
            individual Christ forces in the I (I even distinctly recall the mockery
            of the challenge "Go on- call on the Christ for all the good it will do
            you!"). In fact, at the time, and even with Klockenbring, that was all
            we had the wit to do, and though the Christ forces took up the karmic
            consequences after contact was broken off, there remained negative
            effects, which have still not yet been fully resolved.

            However, Steiner, in his 2 lecture cycles on the Apocalypse, gives the
            answer (though only in 1 sentence -!) and that is to call upon the
            force of Michael.

            In fact this I have now done, and it seems to be working, to put things
            right again. The only explanation I can come up with, is that as
            anti-Christ entities, the Asuras have "steeled" themselves to withstand
            the Christ in the I, providing it is met by them head on. But they
            cannot take a flanking move, which is what Michael does, because he is
            not the Christ, but His messenger.

            In fact, in this respect, I would recommend the Meteoric Iron - Sword
            of Michael meditation as especially useful, rather than the
            better-known Michael Imagination from the Last Discourse, because it
            seems to work faster!

            I quote it below in German and English.

            I hope you will forgive me if I have stated anything you find
            irrelevant, but I believe I had to say everything.

            As Steiner said to W.J. Stein - when you fall, carry on as if nothing
            had happened. That way, in the end you will achieve the goal,
            regardless.

            IHTH

            Mark

            Mark WILLAN

            3 place des Cines
            06560 Valbonne Sophia Antipolis
            France
            Tel : +33 4 9296 0919
            Fax : +33 4 9296 9004
            Mob : +33 6 7320 4006

            mwillan@...
            translate@...
            mark.willan@...
            contact@...

            --------------------------

            MICHAEL'S SWORD

            Meteroic Iron

            O Man!
            You forge it in your service,
            You reveal it in its material worth
            In several of your works.
            Yet it will bring salavation to you for the first time
            When is revealed unto you
            The high Power of its Spirit.

            R. Steiner

            --------------------------

            MICHAELS SCHWERT

            Meteroiisches Eisen

            O Mensch!
            Du bildest es zu deinem Dienste,
            Du offenbarst es seinem Stoffeswerte nach
            In vielen deiner Werke.
            Es wird dir Heil jedoch erst sein,
            Wenn dir sich offenbart
            Seines Gesites Hochgewalt.
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 19, 2004
              > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Dictator

              "The film ends with the barber, having been mistaken for the
              dictator, delivering a radio address to the nation following the
              Tomanian take-over of Osterlich (an obvious reference to the German
              Anschluss of Austria on March 12, 1938). The address is widely
              interpreted (see e.g. [1] below) as a personal plea from Chaplin.
              Chaplin's plea, seen as an overtly political speech, may be part of
              the reason Chaplin was expelled from the United States during the
              McCarthy era."

              Now here is part of how research develops on the front lines of
              Spiritual Science and the Christ event. Among the birth dates and
              inclinations toward Ahrimanic or Christic insights as the cultural
              wave of experiences hit over the globe, dramatically through the
              1933 event..We have to look at some of the birth dates and deeds of
              some of the players who brought experience to bear on a massive
              global scale.

              Hitler, J. Edgar Hoover and Charlie Chaplin had directly experience
              and different relations to the massive event of the Christ. Chaplin,
              in the following speech from "The Great Dictator" reveals the
              brotherhood and Christ Mood behind the horrific scenes that were
              spun out of control to alert humanity to a crisis. Did Chaplin
              capture an aspect of the Gemut of the Soul condition of Sophia in
              the making? Yes. and Yes and further Yes. See for yourself.

              Hitler vs the Brotherhood of humanity - From the film;

              "I'm sorry, but I don't want to be an emperor. That's not my
              business. I don't want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to
              help everyone - if possible - Jew, Gentile - black man - white. We
              all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to
              live by each other's happiness - not by each other's misery. We
              don't want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is
              room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for
              everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have
              lost the way. Greed has poisoned men's souls, has barricaded the
              world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We
              have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that
              gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us
              cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel
              too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than
              cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities,
              life will be violent and all will be lost....

              The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The
              very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men -
              cries out for universal brotherhood - for the unity of us all. Even
              now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world - millions of
              despairing men, women, and little children - victims of a system
              that makes men torture and imprison innocent people. To those who
              can hear me, I say - do not despair. The misery that is now upon us
              is but the passing of greed - the bitterness of men who fear the way
              of human progress. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and
              the power they took from the people will return to the people. And
              so long as men die, liberty will never perish. .....

              Soldiers ! don't give yourselves to brutes - men who despise you -
              enslave you - who regiment your lives - tell you what to do - what
              to think and what to feel ! Who drill you - diet you - treat you
              like cattle, use you as cannon fodder. Don't give yourselves to
              these unnatural men - machine men with machine minds and machine
              hearts ! You are not machines ! You are not cattle ! You are men !
              You have the love of humanity in your hearts ! You don't hate ! Only
              the unloved hate - the unloved and the unnatural ! Soldiers ! Don't
              fight for slavery ! Fight for liberty ! In the 17th Chapter of St
              Luke it is written : "the Kingdom of God is within man" - not one
              man nor a group of men, but in all men ! In you ! You, the people
              have the power - the power to create machines. The power to create
              happiness ! You, the people, have the power to make this life free
              and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure. Then - in
              the name of democracy - let us use that power - let us all unite.
              Let us fight for a new world - a decent world that will give men a
              chance to work - that will give youth a future and old age a
              security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to
              power. But they lie ! They do not fulfil that promise. They never
              will ! Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people ! Now
              let us fight to fulfil that promise ! Let us fight to free the
              world - to do away with national barriers - to do away with greed,
              with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a
              world where science and progress will lead to all men's happiness.
              Soldiers ! in the name of democracy, let us all unite !"
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 19, 2004
                16th April Charles Spencer "Charlie" Chaplin (1889)

                20th April Adolf Hitler (1889);

                January 1, 1895 J. Edgar Hoover

                While Hoover did not wear a Moustache, both Hitler and Chaplin were
                known for their Moustache's. We can retreat from the implications of
                Moustache's anytime we like. We can retreat from thinking how
                Chaplin saw the distinct parallel in the two destinies between
                himself and Hitler and acted upon his intuition. We can retreat from
                everything that might illuminate the deeper insights that the Christ
                Event captured in the biographies of whole generations of human
                beings.

                But what we cannot retreat from are the actions of these individuals
                on the World stage. Hoover for America, began the junior G-men, FBI
                and CIA and really brought a club of uniformed little kids together
                hardly different than those that Adolf Hitler brought together with
                his German Youth and brown shirts.

                Little kids were solving crimes and following the path of the FBI
                and of course such journeys lead us to Starling and Hannibal Lechtar
                as well as the failure of the whole Ahrimanic system on 9/11. We
                know that Hoover held MLK junior, JFK and RFK, hostage along with
                several Presidents, and Hoover held as hostile everything that the
                closet gay man, Hoover, disliked about MLK; JFK and RFK. Now I have
                nothing against Hoover dressing in girls cloths, nor do I have a big
                problem that MLK and JFK got blow jobs and not from their wives.

                We know that Hoover didn't want anyone to know that he loved to put
                on girls clothing and prance around. And defending his hidden tics
                became an interesting way to bring fingerprinting, sperm samples,
                DNA and the science that has brought science and psychological
                profiling to diagnose man. How can we diagnose man if we leave out
                stunning events like the Christ Event of the 20th century, because
                we are cowards? Talk about the Elephant in the Living Room.
                Everything from King Kong to minting Gold in 1933 and the Great Dust
                Bowl can be centered around the unspoken event of the Call of the
                Christ Being in the Etheric world. The Call that Christ made for the
                HUman Gemut and brotherhood to raise up the courage of human
                thinking to meet the Christ in the Ethers. What do you think the
                Queen Bee flies so high and that the dumb ass drone mates with her
                in the Air? What do these things have to do the Christ event? Well
                according to everything we will ever read in history, nothing.

                Even though both Hoover and Hitler didn't want to be caught or
                diagnosed. They promoted a materialistic frame of thinking that
                would categorize and diagnose everybody who rebels and hallucinates
                a real Christ Event. And you, I mean us, walking around today, do
                you bring the logic of the Christ Event in the Ethers? Hardly any of
                you have the guts or the interest or have cared to treat Spiritual
                Science with anything but a passing hobby like interest.

                What Hitler did for Germany and WWII extended in a slower and milder
                infectious manner, within the U.S. under Hoover for a longer period
                of time. The milder of version of Hitler, while world attention was
                focused and distracted on Hitler, the U.S. gradually developed a
                pattern of Materialism and Investigation, that locked into
                materialism our Science. The walls between the rational and
                irrational were sealed by the sickest of the so called rationals.

                That is why the X-files, that which opened the investigation of
                Spirit up, was of great interest for a certain period of time to
                strange fans. Because you have to be a strange fan in order to think
                outside the box we have imprisoned our thinking in. For indeed
                Michael Like Investigation of reality could uncover many mysteries
                in human life if we looked carefully but we don't even wish to pay
                attention to all that Spiritual Science has given. It offends our
                materialism and places us as social outcasts if we take these things
                seriously.

                But standing in the Tragic Center of two birthday's, both Hitler and
                Chaplin, as world figures and world personalities, were not
                connected, even where they belonged to be connected. One of them
                awoke as an international personality, with Freedom and the Call to
                brotherhood as the key issue of humanity. The other personality,
                harboring suppressed psychological darkness, took the shadow forces
                of the Christ Event against the light of the Rising Etheric Christ.

                We have whole new ways of viewing biography and history providing we
                overcome our cowardice surrounding the central event of the 20th
                century. The central event of the 20th century was how humanity
                would cope with the rise of the Etheric Christ, unseen, within our
                environment. The issue of unseen, the unseen, sentences the work of
                Steiner and the history lessons we might write about personalities
                and history as limited by how Materialism prefers to view this
                period and how it prefers to view the period we now live in, within
                a quaint pathological reference.

                Therefore we are not allowed to take seriously the biographical
                deeds and time events and include in our observations the missing
                aspect of the Christ Event in the 20th century. We can only carry
                education and be believed if we don't include the pattern rhythm and
                observations that bring the number 33 as a key note number
                reverberating through history and how it connects, intimately to the
                Christ event. Truman 33rd President of the U.S.

                How does Materialism infect every aspect of life? Well in every way.
              • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 19, 2004
                  Thanks for your life's work.  We need more Bradfords!
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 20, 2004
                    muriel durand-bourlier wrote:

                    "there is question of energy or process or entity more powerful than
                    Christ. In that case, it could be the answer to the question of
                    which energy can help cure and find again the will to serve and find
                    light (because I do agree with most of your analyses about problems
                    in our society and about present or future effects of Asuras but I'm
                    sure it's not Christ who can cure. Christ is here to find one's I AM
                    but if someone has refused and is under the influence of Asuras
                    because of bad choices and mistakes, Christ energy is no more
                    sufficient to help)."

                    Hi Muriel;

                    This also gonna be a long and important post. My only comments on
                    this matter have to do with two issues. The rest of the post will
                    deal with how Steiner outlines the Nine Layers of the Inner Earth.
                    Our job in that regard is to see how the mining of the nine layers
                    of the inner earth is being attacked and brought prematurely forward
                    by immoral technology that forces humanity to become aware, and
                    awareness is not something humanity cares to do.

                    My two points to you are A.) "His bones were not broken" this is
                    that the Marrow of the living model of this higher Etheric Fire
                    would reain intact within the structure of the torture and Golgotha
                    Event. This marrow insight and broken bone insight is stunning. Mind
                    you, after Golgotha a full five or six appearances of the Physical
                    Christ Being were documented. This has to do with Christ Being a
                    Master of the atomic table and matter.

                    B.) Is here referenced for your deeper consideration, which I will
                    not list at the present, but the Beatitudes are kernel projections
                    as the Christ goes layer by layer into the ninefold moral fabric and
                    traces a path to the very marrow of the bones and the core of the
                    Earth. Again part of our job is to see how Technology is moving
                    toward these profound inner earth mysteries and setting up
                    technology based earth and satellite (Kleiner MOONS) over the
                    surface of the planet to flush out the inner Earth mysteries while
                    humanity still slumbers in its thinking.

                    This is, as far as I know, the sole complete formulation by Rudolf
                    Steiner of the Nine Layers of Evil within the Earth:

                    The occult science of all epochs says the following about the
                    interior of the earth.

                    1. The topmost layer, the mineral mass, is related to the interior
                    as an eggshell is to the egg. This topmost layer is called the
                    Mineral Earth.

                    2. Under it is a second layer, called the Fluid Earth; it consists
                    of a substance to which there is nothing comparable on Earth. It is
                    not really like any of the fluids we know, for all these have a
                    mineral quality. This layer has specific characteristics: its
                    substance begins to display certain spiritual qualities, which
                    consist in the fact that as soon as it is brought into contact with
                    something living, it strives to expel and destroy this life. The
                    occultist is able to investigate this layer by pure concentration.

                    3. The Air Earth. This is a substance which annuls feelings: for
                    instance, if it is brought into contact with any pain, the pain is
                    converted into pleasure, and vice versa. The original form of
                    feeling is, so to speak extinguished, rather as the second layer
                    extinguishes life.

                    4. The Water Earth, or Form Earth. It produces in the material realm
                    the effects that occur spiritually in Devachan. There, we have the
                    negative pictures of physical things. In the ?Form Earth? a cube of
                    salt, for example, would be destroyed, but its negative would arise.
                    The form is as it were changed into its opposite; all its qualities
                    would pass out into its surroundings. The actual space occupied by
                    the object is left empty.

                    5. The Fruit Earth. This substance is full of exuberant energy.
                    Every little part of it grows out at once like a sponge; it gets
                    larger and larger and is held in place only by the upper layers.
                    It is the underlying life which serves the forms of the layers above
                    it.

                    6. The Fire Earth. It's substance is essentially feeling and will.
                    It is sensitive to pain and would cry out if it were trodden on.
                    It consists, as it were, entirely of passions.

                    7. The Earth mirror or Earth reflector. This layer gets its name
                    from the fact that its substance, if one concentrates on it, changes
                    all the characteristics of the earth into their opposites. If the
                    seer disregards everything lying above it and gazes down directly
                    into this layer, and if then, for example, he places something green
                    before him, the green appears as red; every color appears as its
                    complementary opposite.

                    A polaric reflection arises, a reversal of the original. Sorrow
                    would be changed by this substance into joy.

                    8. The Divisive layer. If with developed power one concentrates on
                    it, something very remarkable appears. For example, a plant held
                    in the midst of this layer appears to be multiplied, and so with
                    everything else. But the essential thing is that this layer disrupts
                    the moral qualities also. Through the power it radiates to the
                    Earth?s surface, it is responsible for the fact that strife and
                    disharmony exist there. In order to overcome this disruptive force,
                    men must work together in harmony. That is precisely why this layer
                    was laid down in the Earth so that men should be enabled to develop
                    harmony for themselves. The substance of everything evil is prepared
                    and organized there. Quarrelsome people are so constituted that this
                    layer has a particular influence on them. This has been known to
                    everyone who has written out of a true knowledge of occultism.
                    Dante in his Divine Comedy calls this layer the Cain?layer. It was
                    here that the strife between the brothers Cain and Abel had its
                    source. The substance of this layer is responsible for evil having
                    come into the world.

                    9. The earthcore. This is the substance through whose influence
                    black magic arises in the world. The power of spiritual evil comes
                    from this source.?

                    From: At the Gates of Spiritual Science, GA 95, lecture of Sept. 4,
                    1906, Stuttgart. Rudolf Steiner Press, 1986, pp. 138140.

                    http://wn.elib.com/Steiner/Lectures/EsoCos_foreword.html

                    "The mystery of the interior of the Earth, the basis and stage of
                    human evolution, is one of the numerous problems which materialistic
                    science has never been able to solve. Unceasing research has been of
                    no avail. Many scholars think of the interior of the Earth as an
                    igneous mass (which would be capable of bursting the crust of the
                    Earth); others imagine that it is a compact mass of mineral
                    substance (which explains neither the volcano nor the earthquake).

                    Now the Earth is a living being like the planets and suns, endowed
                    with an interior organism indispensable to its functions and its
                    role in the Cosmos. Rudolf Steiner sees the constitution of the
                    Earth in the form of nine layers — or rather nine layers embedded
                    one within the other.

                    The eight interior layers under the crust of the Earth represent, as
                    it were, the physiological organs of our planet from which its life
                    emanates and upon which this life depends. The substance of these
                    eight inner spheres does not resemble the mineral matter of which
                    the outer crust and — in a sense — the skin of the Earth is formed.

                    The elements composing these layers are half-liquid and half-
                    gaseous. The Fire principle, the air-fire, mobile and pregnant with
                    life, reservoir alike of impulses of will and the cause of volcanic
                    eruptions, is only one of the spheres which are embedded one within
                    the other. It is the fourth, counting from the centre, the fifth,
                    counting from the outer mineral crust. The interior fire
                    communicates with the crust along paths which are
                    veritably `ventilating tracts' — hence the volcanic eruptions on the
                    surface of the Earth.

                    If we cast a momentary glance at this interior constitution of the
                    Earth, one fact immediately strikes us. It comprises the forces
                    which are concentrated in the planet and worked at its upbuilding,
                    through successive metamorphoses from the nebula of Saturn, through
                    the Old Sun and Old Moon periods on to its present state. These same
                    forces have worked at the structure of man and are more active than
                    ever in the present age.

                    (1) Egoism and Black Magic constitute the opaque centre of the
                    Earth, for the reason that egoism, love of self for its own sake —
                    of which black magic is the exaggeration and excess — is
                    indispensable to the development of human individuality. The fatal
                    products of egoism are the hatred and strife represented by the two
                    next layers of (2) division, and (3) the prism, where
                    individualities multiply and differentiate in order to battle with
                    each other.

                    This ternary may be said to represent the kernel of the Earth as it
                    existed in the nebula of the Saturn period. This basis is
                    indispensable to the whole of the Earth's subsequent evolution. It
                    is the `spring-board' from which the individuality can rise to
                    higher worlds, if egoism (the principle of evil) is conquered and
                    transformed by the higher forces proceeding from the Sun and the
                    Firmament — forces of which Divinity is the wellspring and true
                    human freedom the fashioner.

                    The period when the Earth was still united with the Moon is
                    indicated in the Earth's interior by the existence of three other
                    elementary spheres. (4) The Fire principle which lies at the root of
                    impulses of will and is the cause of volcanic eruptions when a path
                    is forged to the mineral crust of the Earth. (5) Above this lies the
                    level of organic plant-life and again (6) there is the still higher
                    level of the vortex of animal forces, where the ethereal embryos of
                    the living beings destined to crawl, to walk and to fly, germinate
                    and quicken in a laboratory of ceaseless activity.

                    In this second ternary of forces constituting the interior of the
                    Earth, we have the remains of the period when the Earth was still
                    united with the Moon. In those times, the Earth's surface was a kind
                    of porous substance, the home of hybrid beings, half-vegetable, half-
                    mollusc, with gigantic tentacles, while the germs of terrestrial
                    flora and fauna floated in the semi-liquid, semi-vaporous
                    atmosphere. Wonderful words in the book of Genesis refer to this
                    period: "Darkness was upon the face of the deep and the Spirit of
                    God moved upon the face of the Waters."

                    The third ternary of the inner organs of the Earth represents its
                    actual form. The last metamorphosis occurs at the time of the
                    separation of the Moon from the Earth and is indicated by the
                    addition of two new elements which are, as it were, the `humanised'
                    replica of the centre of the Earth: (7) Consciousness inversed,
                    where everything changes into its opposite; (8) Negative life, or
                    death. Every living being descending into this realm must instantly
                    perish. It is the Styx of the Greeks, cursed by the Gods of life and
                    of beauty. (9) Above the sphere of death stretches the solid mineral
                    envelope of the Earth, the theatre of humanity.

                    It must be admitted that this extraordinary description of the
                    interior constitution of our planet cannot be verified by any means
                    of observation adopted by natural science. None but a seer possessed
                    of equal power could contradict or confirm. On the other hand, it is
                    surely impossible to deny that this scheme of the Earth's
                    constitution opens up amazing vistas of man's whole evolution.

                    The seership itself bears a unique power of persuasion and its truth
                    may in a measure be demonstrated by effects which reveal themselves
                    in man. The parallelism between the cosmic fire and human passions,
                    their close relationship, mutual action and reaction, throw a flood
                    of light on the origin of evil.

                    Many historians have stated that the great crises in history (wars,
                    revolutions, social upheavals) are nearly always accompanied and
                    followed by earthly cataclysms (earthquakes, volcanic eruptions).
                    The passions of men have a magnetic action on the interior fire of
                    the Earth, and this fire, when released from its chains, feeds human
                    passions. Thus fire — which is destined to generate life — begets
                    evil by means of the human will.

                    And yet the Earth, having as its kernel the egoism that is
                    indispensable to the development of individuality, is nevertheless
                    the solid, immutable base on which the soul can find support in
                    order then to soar to the spiritual worlds which shelter and fashion
                    her by the power of the solar Logos. Evil becomes a leaven of
                    evolution, finally, however, to be conquered by Good.

                    The man who has won through to freedom holds the balance between
                    destiny and Providence from the moment he can chose between good and
                    evil. His yearning for the Divine begets enthusiasm. By his own
                    efforts he can draw near to the sublime truth reigning in the
                    universe.

                    Thus Satan-Ahriman — the demon of negation and hatred — is laid low
                    by the genius of infinite Love radiating in the Logos, the Christ.
                    And Lucifer, the Spirit of intelligence and of beauty, released from
                    his sojourn in the lower world of matter, is on the point of taking
                    flight to his star. Yet Ahriman, his dire companion, who is held in
                    check by the Christ, strives to break his chains in order that
                    Lucifer's flight may be stayed.

                    Anthroposophy is the most potent means in our present epoch to
                    restore the severed harmony between the worlds of matter and of
                    spirit, between science and religion. It is also the agent whereby
                    peace may be established in social affairs.

                    In very truth the hour is grave. Mankind has never faced so great a
                    danger... But a wide and high ideal is necessary. Man would fain
                    know whither his feet are wending in this world and in the world
                    beyond. He needs a sublime goal in the one and the beginnings of
                    actual realisation of the other. "Evil can only be conquered by a
                    high ideal" says Rudolf Steiner. "A man without an ideal is weak and
                    powerless. In the life of man ideals play the part of steam in an
                    engine — they are the driving force. "
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 20, 2004
                      THE ROAD TO HEAVEN
                      Arvia MacKaye

                      Oh, I know the road to heaven
                      And it leads first down through hell
                      Where the hound of hate lies crouching
                      And the tides of terror swell.

                      On the lonely road to heaven
                      The black mists loom and rise
                      In vast malignant masses
                      To a mountain waste of lies.

                      On the narrow road to heaven,
                      There the serpent gleams and glides
                      And laughs within his belly
                      In the jungle where he hides.

                      Oh, I know the road to heaven
                      And the beasts that ravage there-
                      And the mighty Angel standing
                      Upon the lowest stair.
                    • muriel durand-bourlier
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 21, 2004
                        Hi Mark

                        Thanks for your answer.
                        I am a bit surprised with a part of it : about Mickael, because with what I had read, I thought Mickael was the help to fight against Lucifer and Arihman and he was effectively very linked to the Christ.

                        Can I find part of the text you quote or another with the same idea on the Internet ?

                        I know someone who has problems with Asuras. Do you know in France therapist or spiritual master (in whom we can trust and who would not reject anthroposophy knowledge) who could help ?

                        I'll right you more in another mail because I have a meeting now to which I have to go !

                        Muriel

                      • Jan
                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 21, 2004

                          > Mark wrote -

                          "The issue is that they have the force to withstand the call to the
                          > individual Christ forces in the I (I even distinctly recall the mockery
                          > of the challenge "Go on- call on the Christ for all the good it will do
                          > you!"). In fact, at the time, and even with Klockenbring, that was all
                          > we had the wit to do, and though the Christ forces took up the karmic
                          > consequences after contact was broken off, there remained negative
                          > effects, which have still not yet been fully resolved.
                          >
                          > However, Steiner, in his 2 lecture cycles on the Apocalypse, gives the
                          > answer (though only in 1 sentence -!) and that is to call upon the
                          > force of Michael."

                          Hello Mark,
                          Perhaps directing you back to the lectures and the Michael prayer and
                          forces appropriate to your particular need and situation was Christ's
                          response to your call?
                          Jan

                        • Mark Willan
                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 21, 2004
                            Not really - for that response took over 10 years to filter
                            through...and if so then all the inner work I have been doing in the
                            last decade has been so much time wasted...

                            Message 13 of 17 , Aug 22, 2004
                              holderlin wrote:

[...]

                              Bradford is stunned by what follows;

                              This next piece of information was a long time coming but here it
                              is. It doesn't come from Dr. Steiner or Jan or Joksu or Danny and it
                              certainly doesn't come from me. It is the result of piecing together
                              the contents of the Joint Handbook Notes into the certainty of what
                              Matter, light, moral forces and fire amount to. Indeed, this piece
                              of the puzzle is the most horrific because it comes from the moral
                              vision of science. As Anthros it is O' so easy to dismiss those who
                              research out of Spiritual Science, and it is done with a mere shrug
                              of the shoulders. The following link to all that has been brought so
                              far is truly a kicker that takes the fat headed wind right out of
                              our sails. If you can't put all the things together from Notes I-II-
                              here is a little piece of Notebook number III, just so that we can
                              at least say, we saw it.

                              http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/082304W.shtml

                              Depleted Uranium: Dirty Bombs, Dirty Missiles, Dirty Bullets
                              by Leuren Moret
                              SF Bay View

                              A death sentence here and abroad
                              "Military men are just dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns
                              in foreign policy." - Henry Kissinger, quoted in "Kiss the Boys
                              Goodbye: How the United States Betrayed Its Own POW's in Vietnam"

                              Vietnam was a chemical war for oil, permanently contaminating
                              large regions and countries downriver with Agent Orange, and
                              environmentally the most devastating war in world history. But since
                              1991, the U.S. has staged four nuclear wars using depleted uranium
                              weaponry, which, like Agent Orange, meets the U.S. government
                              definition of Weapons of Mass Destruction. Vast regions in the
                              Middle East and Central Asia have been permanently contaminated with
                              radiation.

                              And what about our soldiers? Terry Jemison of the Department of
                              Veterans Affairs reported this week to the American Free Press
                              that "Gulf-era veterans" now on medical disability since 1991 number
                              518,739, with only 7,035 reported wounded in Iraq in that same 14-
                              year period.

                              This week the American Free Press dropped a "dirty bomb" on the
                              Pentagon by reporting that eight out of 20 men who served in one
                              unit in the 2003 U.S. military offensive in Iraq now have
                              malignancies. That means that 40 percent of the soldiers in that
                              unit have developed malignancies in just 16 months.

                              Since these soldiers were exposed to vaccines and depleted
                              uranium (DU) only, this is strong evidence for researchers and
                              scientists working on this issue, that DU is the definitive cause of
                              Gulf War Syndrome. Vaccines are not known to cause cancer. One of
                              the first published researchers on Gulf War Syndrome, who also
                              served in 1991 in Iraq, Dr. Andras Korényi-Both, is in agreement
                              with Barbara Goodno from the Department of Defense's Deployment
                              Health Support Directorate, that in this war soldiers were not
                              exposed to chemicals, pesticides, bioagents or other suspect causes
                              this time to confuse the issue.

                              This powerful new evidence is blowing holes in the cover-up
                              perpetrated by the Pentagon and three presidential administrations
                              ever since DU was first used in 1991 in the Persian Gulf War.
                              Fourteen years after the introduction of DU on the battlefield in
                              1991, the long-term effects have revealed that DU is a death
                              sentence and very nasty stuff.

                              Scientists studying the biological effects of uranium in the
                              1960s reported that it targets the DNA. Marion Fulk, a nuclear
                              physical chemist retired from the Livermore Nuclear Weapons Lab and
                              formerly involved with the Manhattan Project, interprets the new and
                              rapid malignancies in soldiers from the 2003 war as "spectacular …
                              and a matter of concern."

                              This evidence shows that of the three effects which DU has on
                              biological systems - radiation, chemical and particulate – the
                              particulate effect from nano-size particles is the most dominant one
                              immediately after exposure and targets the Master Code in the DNA.
                              This is bad news, but it explains why DU causes a myriad of diseases
                              which are difficult to define.

                              In simple words, DU "trashes the body." When asked if the main
                              purpose for using it was for destroying things and killing people,
                              Fulk was more specific: "I would say that it is the perfect weapon
                              for killing lots of people."

                              Soldiers developing malignancies so quickly since 2003 can be
                              expected to develop multiple cancers from independent causes. This
                              phenomenon has been reported by doctors in hospitals treating
                              civilians following NATO bombing with DU in Yugoslavia in 1998-1999
                              and the U.S. military invasion of Iraq using DU for the first time
                              in 1991. Medical experts report that this phenomenon of multiple
                              malignancies from unrelated causes has been unknown until now and is
                              a new syndrome associated with internal DU exposure.

                              Just 467 U.S. personnel were wounded in the three-week Persian
                              Gulf War in 1990-1991. Out of 580,400 soldiers who served in Gulf
                              War I, 11,000 are dead, and by 2000 there were 325,000 on permanent
                              medical disability. This astounding number of disabled vets means
                              that a decade later, 56 percent of those soldiers who served now
                              have medical problems.

                              The number of disabled vets reported up to 2000 has been
                              increasing by 43,000 every year. Brad Flohr of the Department of
                              Veterans Affairs told American Free Press that he believes there are
                              more disabled vets now than even after World War II.

                              They brought it home
                              Not only were soldiers exposed to DU on and off the
                              battlefields, but they brought it home. DU in the semen of soldiers
                              internally contaminated their wives, partners and girlfriends.
                              Tragically, some women in their 20s and 30s who were sexual partners
                              of exposed soldiers developed endometriosis and were forced to have
                              hysterectomies because of health problems.

                              In a group of 251 soldiers from a study group in Mississippi who
                              had all had normal babies before the Gulf War, 67 percent of their
                              post-war babies were born with severe birth defects. They were born
                              with missing legs, arms, organs or eyes or had immune system and
                              blood diseases. In some veterans' families now, the only normal or
                              healthy members of the family are the children born before the war.

                              The Department of Veterans Affairs has stated that they do not
                              keep records of birth defects occurring in families of veterans.

                              How did they hide it?
                              Before a new weapons system can be used, it must be fully
                              tested. The blueprint for depleted uranium weapons is a 1943
                              declassified document from the Manhattan Project.

                              Harvard President and physicist James B. Conant, who developed
                              poison gas in World War I, was brought into the Manhattan Project by
                              the father of presidential candidate John Kerry. Kerry's father
                              served at a high level in the Manhattan Project and was a CIA agent.

                              Conant was chair of the S-1 Poison Gas Committee, which
                              recommended developing poison gas weapons from the radioactive trash
                              of the atomic bomb project in World War II. At that time, it was
                              known that radioactive materials dispersed in bombs from the air,
                              from land vehicles or on the battlefield produced very fine
                              radioactive dust which would penetrate all protective clothing, any
                              gas mask or filter or the skin. By contaminating the lungs and
                              blood, it could kill or cause illness very quickly.

                              They also recommended it as a permanent terrain contaminant,
                              which could be used to destroy populations by contaminating water
                              supplies and agricultural land with the radioactive dust.

                              The first DU weapons system was developed for the Navy in 1968,
                              and DU weapons were given to and used by Israel in 1973 under U.S.
                              supervision in the Yom Kippur war against the Arabs.

                              The Phalanx weapons system, using DU, was tested on the USS
                              Bigelow out of Hunters Point Naval Shipyard in 1977, and DU weapons
                              have been sold by the U.S. to 29 countries.

                              Military research report summaries detail the testing of DU from
                              1974-1999 at military testing grounds, bombing and gunnery ranges
                              and at civilian labs under contract. Today 42 states are
                              contaminated with DU from manufacture, testing and deployment.

                              Women living around these facilities have reported increases in
                              endometriosis, birth defects in babies, leukemia in children and
                              cancers and other diseases in adults. Thousands of tons of DU
                              weapons tested for decades by the Navy on four bombing and gunnery
                              ranges around Fallon, Nevada, is no doubt the cause of the fastest
                              growing leukemia cluster in the U.S. over the past decade. The
                              military denies that DU is the cause.

                              The medical profession has been active in the cover-up - just as
                              they were in hiding the effects from the American public - of low
                              level radiation from atmospheric testing and nuclear power plants. A
                              medical doctor in Northern California reported being trained by the
                              Pentagon with other doctors, months before the 2003 war started, to
                              diagnose and treat soldiers returning from the 2003 war for mental
                              problems only.

                              Medical professionals in hospitals and facilities treating
                              returning soldiers were threatened with $10,000 fines if they talked
                              about the soldiers or their medical problems. They were also
                              threatened with jail.

                              Reporters have also been prevented access to more than 14,000
                              medically evacuated soldiers flown nightly since the 2003 war in C-
                              150s from Germany who are brought to Walter Reed Hospital near
                              Washington, D.C.

                              Dr. Robert Gould, former president of the Bay Area chapter of
                              Physicians for Social Responsibility (PSR), has contacted three
                              medical doctors since February 2004, after I had been invited to
                              speak about DU. Dr. Katharine Thomasson, president of the Oregon
                              chapter of the PSR, informed me that Dr. Gould had contacted her and
                              tried to convince her to cancel her invitation for me to speak about
                              DU at Portland State University on April 12. Although I was able to
                              do a presentation, Dr. Thomasson told me I could only talk about DU
                              in Oregon "and nothing overseas … nothing political."

                              Dr. Gould also contacted and discouraged Dr. Ross Wilcox in
                              Toronto, Canada, from inviting me to speak to Physicians for Global
                              Survival (PGS), the Canadian equivalent of PSR, several months
                              later. When that didn't work, he contacted Dr. Allan Connoly, the
                              Canadian national president of PGS, who was able to cancel my
                              invitation and nearly succeeded in preventing Dr. Wilcox, his own
                              member, from showing photos and presenting details on civilians
                              suffering from DU exposure and cancer provided to him by doctors in
                              southern Iraq.

                              Dr. Janette Sherman, a former and long-standing member of PSR,
                              reported that she finally quit some time after being invited to
                              lunch by a new PSR executive administrator. After the woman had
                              pumped Dr. Sherman for information all through lunch about her
                              position on key issues, the woman informed Dr. Sherman that her last
                              job had been with the CIA.

                              How was the truth about DU hidden from military personnel
                              serving in successive DU wars? Before his tragic death, Sen. Paul
                              Wellstone informed Joyce Riley, R.N., B.S.N., executive director of
                              the American Gulf War Veterans Association, that 95 percent of Gulf
                              War veterans had been recycled out of the military by 1995. Any of
                              those continuing in military service were isolated from each other,
                              preventing critical information being transferred to new troops.
                              The "next DU war" had already been planned, and those planning it
                              wanted "no skunk at the garden party."

                              The US has a dirty (DU) little (CIA) secret
                              A new book just published at the American Free Press by Michael
                              Collins Piper, "The High Priests of War: The Secret History of How
                              America's Neo-Conservative Trotskyites Came to Power and
                              Orchestrated the War Against Iraq as the First Step in Their Drive
                              for Global Empire," details the early plans for a war against the
                              Arab world by Henry Kissinger and the neo-cons in the late 1960s and
                              early 1970s. That just happens to coincide with getting the DU "show
                              on the road" and the oil crisis in the Middle East, which caused
                              concern not only to President Nixon. The British had been plotting
                              and scheming for control of the oil in Iraq for decades since first
                              using poison gas on the Iraqis and Kurds in 1912.

                              The book details the creation of the neo-cons by
                              their "godfather" and Trotsky lover Irving Kristol, who pushed for
                              a "war against terrorism" long before 9/11 and was lavishly funded
                              for years by the CIA. His son, William Kristol, is one of the most
                              influential men in the United States.

                              Both are public relations men for the Israeli lobby's neo-
                              conservative network, with strong ties to Rupert Murdoch. Kissinger
                              also has ties to this network and the Carlyle Group, who, one could
                              say, have facilitated these omnicidal wars beginning from the time
                              former President Bush took office. It would be easy to say that we
                              are recycling World Wars I and II, with the same faces.

                              When I asked Vietnam Special Ops Green Beret Capt. John
                              McCarthy, who could have devised this omnicidal plan to use DU to
                              destroy the genetic code and genetic future of large populations of
                              Arabs and Moslems in the Middle East and Central Asia - just
                              coincidentally the areas where most of the world's oil deposits are
                              located - he replied: "It has all the handprints of Henry
                              Kissinger."

                              In Zbignew Brzezinski's book "The Grand Chessboard: American
                              Primacy and Its Geostrategic Imperatives," the map of the Eurasian
                              chessboard includes four regions strategic to U.S. foreign policy.
                              The "South" region corresponds precisely to the regions now
                              contaminated permanently with radiation from U.S. bombs, missiles
                              and bullets made with thousands of tons of DU.

                              A Japanese professor, Dr. K. Yagasaki, has calculated that 800
                              tons of DU is the atomicity equivalent of 83,000 Nagasaki bombs. The
                              U.S. has used more DU since 1991 than the atomicity equivalent of
                              400,000 Nagasaki bombs. Four nuclear wars indeed, and 10 times the
                              amount of radiation released into the atmosphere from atmospheric
                              testing!

                              No wonder our soldiers, their families and the people of the
                              Middle East, Yugoslavia and Central Asia are sick. But as Henry
                              Kissinger said after Vietnam when our soldiers came home ill from
                              Agent Orange, "Military men are just dumb stupid animals to be used
                              for foreign policy."

                              Unfortunately, more and more of those soldiers are men and women
                              with brown skin. And unfortunately, the DU radioactive dust will be
                              carried around the world and deposited in our environments just as
                              the "smog of war" from the 1991 Gulf War was found in deposits in
                              South America, the Himalayas and Hawaii.

                              In June 2003, the World Health Organization announced in a press
                              release that global cancer rates will increase 50 percent by 2020.
                              What else do they know that they aren't telling us? I know that
                              depleted uranium is a death sentence … for all of us. We will all
                              die in silent ways."
                              Message 14 of 17 , Aug 22, 2004
                                16th April Charles Spencer "Charlie" Chaplin (1889)

                                20th April Adolf Hitler (1889);

                                Name: Albert Einstein
                                Birth Date: March 14, 1879
                                Death Date: April 18, 1955
                                Place of Birth: Ulm, Germany
                                Place of Death: Princeton, Massachusetts, United States
                                Nationality: American
                                Gender: Male
                                Occupations: physicist, scientist

                                "Forty years after he came to America , Chaplin was accused of being
                                a communist. He had no answer to prove the accusations wrong except
                                that it was his constitutional right, and with Senator McCarthy on
                                the loose that wasn't enough. Charlie had come to America, that
                                forty years ago, to breathe free air. Now he was leaving for the
                                same reason (James, Clive, pg 137).

                                After finding out that Chaplin was "sympathetic with the Leftist
                                beliefs", the FBI went to work to find out what was going on. The
                                extensive files on Chaplin maintained by the FBI over a period of
                                more than fifty years. They total more than nineteen hundred pages.
                                Not only was he accused of being a communist, he was also accused of
                                being Jewish, as well, because his half-brother, Sidney, was three-
                                fourths Jewish. Chaplin's reputation was not good with the FBI.

                                Charlie's investigation began on August 15, 1922, when an agent
                                called A.A. Hopkins passed on the information to the FBI that
                                Charlie had given a reception for a prominent labor leader, William
                                Z. Foster, who was visiting Los Angeles (Robinson, David, pg. 751).
                                He was also frequently the guest of the millionaire D.C. James at
                                his cliffside mansion in Carmel. It was there that he came to
                                delight with his host's son, Dan, a would be writer and a communist
                                whom he later would employ as an assistant director on "The Great
                                Dictator".

                                After being questioned about being a communist, Chaplin answered, "I
                                do not want to create any revolution, all I want to do is create a
                                few more films. I might amuse people. I hope so." (Robinson, David,
                                pg.752)

                                The FBI interviewed scores of witnesses, and the secret evidence
                                they collected fills more than four hundred pages. On January 15th,
                                1927, Chaplin suffered a serious nervous breakdown. Three days after
                                that, the broken comedian learned from a story in the New York Times
                                that the U.S. Government was about to lien on his assets. In 1933
                                the impromptu performances stopped. Instead, Chaplin's dark moods
                                became more obvious, and his anger flashes more constant. A fear of
                                failure was plaguing him. The secret to Chaplin's fortitude in
                                weathering the storms of the late 1940's was the unqualified success
                                and happiness of his marriage to Oona. '

                                Bradford comments;

                                Firstly we can see that Einstein came into incarnation, 1879, when
                                the bonified Michael Battle and the Ahrimanic forces had had their
                                War In Heaven. This War in Heaven, shifted the field of battle to
                                Humanity. Here in our human environment, certain secrets that had
                                been hidden in the world of the Angels, would now be part of human
                                life on Earth. The light bulb and Edison, blinked on in 1879, but
                                Einstein had brought into his incarnation and destiny a potent and
                                exclusive focus and quetion. Something had impressed Einstein about
                                the nature of our universe as he surveyed the Stunning War in Heaven
                                and looked ahead into the rise of Ahrimanic forces in 1933.

                                Einstein certainly wasn't the last soul to see the battle of 1879
                                and the War in Heaven but he captured something of the stunned
                                severing force of light and anti-light. Einstein had grasped the
                                shift of how light is Love and Love and Light is laced in matter.
                                But Einstein lost the pieces of the riddle, but not the potency of
                                the pre-birth experience.

                                Einstein brought with him the peculiar living Manichean strife of
                                Light and Darkness all the way down into his brain. The War in
                                Heaven and the nature of Light thundered down into the very interior
                                brain cortex of the forming embryo of baby Einstein. The defeat and
                                meaning of Ahrimanic forces and the high complexity of Light trailed
                                out of Heaven and tumbled into the crib of Einstein. But Ahriman was
                                mixed and tossed into the tumult as that which was exiled into the
                                brains and deeds of humanity, once the Michael's House had been
                                secured.

                                In dealing with Christic and Incarnational details we can point
                                precisely to how Charlie Chaplin and Hitler had moved through the
                                world to the point where Chaplin had them intersect in his
                                film, "The Great Dictator". We can literally observe a risen Christ,
                                Etheric Christ, crisis signature, in the destiny of Chaplin. He is
                                haunted and hounded by Hoover's FBI. Like Novalis and Jerry Lee
                                Lewis Chaplin saw an unfallen majesty in a young girl.

                                However, if we attempt to examine anything of the delicate nature of
                                biography, we find that the guns of AntiSemitism constantly point at
                                Steiner. It is easier to point those guns than build an impression
                                of the Risen Etheric Christ Event of the 20th century. That is too
                                difficult so it is easier to shoot Steiner in the knees with the
                                label Antisemitic. This blunt weapon is used against Steiner with as
                                many rumors as there are bristles on boars head.

                                Now understanding the impact of the Etheric Christ on everyone also
                                allows us to see the effects of the Etheric Christ on Charlie
                                Chaplin, Albert Einstein and Adolf Hitler.
                              • Danny F.
                                Message 15 of 17 , Aug 23, 2004
                                  <holderlin66@h...> wrote:

                                  Bradford quoted Steiner:

                                  This layer has specific characteristics: its
                                  > substance begins to display certain spiritual qualities, which
                                  > consist in the fact that as soon as it is brought into contact with
                                  > something living, it strives to expel and destroy this life. The
                                  > occultist is able to investigate this layer by pure concentration.

                                  And Danny says:

                                  'Twould be nice to have Occultists....
                                  (And also just Normal 'Perceptives'...)

                                  =>SOUL - Forces of 'DETECTION' Missing;

                                  That; amongst 'Many' (and also casual daily) other things...

                                  Danny Gazing
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Aug 28, 2004
                                    Overview of our Planet allows both historical and future
                                    perspectives. Bottling future religious fire, is not like bottling
                                    beer. Someday, as in Church Pilgrimages/as Jan has noted, MAGEs we
                                    might be able to open a bottle of Agni raw fire and drink it down
                                    with Christic bubbly delight.

[...]

                                    Current Pilgrimage notes added free of charge:

                                    http://www.lewrockwell.com/spectator/spec368.html

                                    "As we crossed over the escarpment at the Mount of Joy —
                                    traditionally the place where pilgrims caught their first glimpse of
                                    the spires of the cathedral of Santiago de Compostela, but now a
                                    grim and dirty picnic spot with a hideous modern monument to a
                                    recent visit by the Pope, a kiosk selling soft drinks, and no view
                                    because the cathedral has been obscured by suburbs and trees — our
                                    eyes winced in the late afternoon sun, which hung directly in front
                                    of us. To the left, the heavens were black with the storm clouds
                                    that had soaked us throughout the morning; to the right, the
                                    brilliant blue sky had been washed bluer by the day's rain. Whether
                                    this dramatic bisection of the firmament reminded other pilgrims too
                                    of Last Judgments with heaven on one side and hell on the other, I
                                    don't know; but there can be few more dramatic or moving experiences
                                    than arriving at your destination, in my case after walking for 16
                                    days and 300 miles, as the sun is setting in front of you. Perhaps
                                    this explains why, alone among the great mediaeval pilgrimage
                                    routes, the Way of St James is now more popular than ever.

                                    Anyone who has walked west for weeks on end instinctively
                                    understands that a pilgrimage is a metaphor for life, and that our
                                    life's journey has only one certain end, namely death. Not that the
                                    camino (as the pilgrim's way is universally known) has anything
                                    morbid or even particularly religious about it. Instead, it is
                                    rather like a peripatetic dinner party, or a school outing for grown-
                                    ups. Far from being a conscious act of mortification, the camino is
                                    for many just a cheap holiday offering outdoor activity, a hippy-
                                    dippy lifestyle, or at most a whiff of right-on spirituality. Often
                                    pilgrims look like the sort of people who go to Stonehenge for the
                                    solstice, and their relationship to Christianity is tangential at
                                    best. On one of my first nights, an Irishman expounded the truths
                                    revealed in Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code (that Mary Magdalene was
                                    Christ's wife and that they had many children) while a tubby Native
                                    American woman from Quebec, who played a deep-toned Red Indian pipe,
                                    explained the superiority of Celtic religions over Christianity
                                    because of the pre-eminent role accorded to goddesses by the former.
                                    I learnt, too, how tolerant the Moors had been in Spain, unlike
                                    those evil Christians with their cult of St James the Moor Slayer —
                                    a point of view, I felt, which had probably not been shared by the
                                    Christian slaves on whose backs the bells of Santiago cathedral were
                                    carried to Cordoba, where they were placed upside-down by the mosque
                                    as an insult and a humiliation. So far, indeed, were the minds of
                                    most so-called pilgrims from the clouds of incense emitted by the
                                    enormous censer, the famous `botafumeiro', which is swung on a huge
                                    pulley operated by eight men at the end of the daily pilgrim Mass in
                                    Santiago cathedral, that the most pungent smoke I detected during
                                    the walk came when a blonde German girl and two long-haired
                                    Argentinian boys repaired to a bench by a village church to puff
                                    their way through a remarkably fat spliff.

                                    But what the pilgrims lacked in traditional spirituality they made
                                    up for in traditional charity. They were kind, considerate, friendly
                                    and generous to one another. For weeks people from all over the
                                    world walk, sleep, eat, wash, snore, fart and pick their blisters
                                    together in conditions of extreme privation. The pain is constant
                                    and everyone's feet swell up like Hobbits'. You sleep in the
                                    pilgrim `refuges' which have sprung up all along the way — large
                                    dormitories, often bug-infested. People who back home in Milan or
                                    Paris would shudder to invite a stranger into their home for a drink
                                    seem happy to throw themselves into sudden intimacy with people they
                                    do not know, often including sleeping in what amounts to the same
                                    bed. At Leon, a barrel-bellied, bearded man snored like an open
                                    sewer with a partial blockage, keeping the whole dorm awake, and a
                                    boy from Bavaria attempted vainly to quell the noise by getting out
                                    of bed and rattling the snorer's bunk at three in the morning. When
                                    that failed, he simply rummaged in his rucksack until he found an
                                    unneeded object to throw at him; but no one bore the man, still less
                                    the boy, any serious grudge.

                                    Perhaps the greatest deprivation is of a lie-in, or anything
                                    approaching it. Spaniards have a love of noise and a hatred of sun,
                                    and they are the usual suspects when, without fail at 5 a.m. or
                                    earlier, alarm clocks start to ring and bags start to rustle, as
                                    those walkers start the day who wish to finish by lunchtime. Then
                                    the slow torture begins, for those still in bed, of listening to the
                                    zip and unzip of camping gear and to the infuriatingly gentle swoosh
                                    which light waterproof fabrics make when they are being packed into
                                    a rucksack. Many early risers have torches which they fix to their
                                    foreheads and so, for what seems like for ever, the dormitory
                                    resembles Nibelheim, as strange figures move around furtively
                                    performing unnatural tasks in the gloom. Yet no one complains, for
                                    that would infringe the unspoken but universally understood rules of
                                    pilgrim camaraderie.

                                    Given that these simple truths about doing without are immediately
                                    grasped by anyone who experiences them, I found it incredible that I
                                    never once heard the word `penance' from the lips of a priest in the
                                    villages and towns along the way, even when they specifically
                                    preached on pilgrimage. Instead those few pilgrims who attended Mass
                                    were treated to sermons composed of what my Canadian walking
                                    companion (non-religious) pithily described as `a lot of New Age
                                    bullshit' about self-discovery and the unity of humankind. Even the
                                    Archbishop of Santiago, in his sermon, told the throngs in his
                                    cathedral that `We are all pilgrims' — a nice enough thought,
                                    perhaps, but rather irritating for those of us who actually were.
                                    Never did any cleric explain that a pilgrimage is a physical act of
                                    penance by which sins can be redeemed — not only one's own but also
                                    other people's. And yet the Christian religion has no greater
                                    message than the injunction to imitate Christ by performing self-
                                    sacrifice.

                                    A pilgrimage, like life, is a stony, hard, often lonely and
                                    sometimes desolate path..."