Re: [anthroposophy] Engines & Electricity

  • 888
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2000
      In 1954 Mr. Schiller lectured in New York on Rudolf Steiner's
      indications on electricity:
      "Today people use electricity without knowing what it is. Only a
      knowledge of its real nature can protect man against the destructive
      forces which assume as Ahrimanic Exusiai, the garment of light gone
      astray.
      Electricity entered the evolution of mankind in Lemuria and entered
      cosmic evolution upon the Sun with Ahriman. Galvani discovered it, but
      today we must see through it much more sharply.

      "Natural heat and natural light redeems matter, electricity and
      magnetism imprison it. In regard to electricity and magnetism we need a
      moral judgment. Modern science explains the whole world as a product of
      electricity, i.e. sub-physical forces.

      "Our thoughts concerning nature are in themselves creative forces and
      upon Jupiter and Venus they will take on real shape. Even as nature
      slides down into the sub-sensible, so man must rise to the
      supersensible. He does it by learning to grasp the nature of the etheric
      forces in a concrete and specific manner."

      -Bruce
    • elaine upton
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2000
        Hello all,

        Thanks, dear Bruce, for this excerpt on electricity, Ahrimanic Exuasia, and
        the need for morality in these *matters*.

        You write:

        >From: "888" <bhive@...>
        >To: <anthroposophy@egroups.com>
        >Subject: Re: [anthroposophy] Engines & Electricity
        >Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 12:15:08 +1000
        >
        >In 1954 Mr. Schiller lectured in New York on Rudolf Steiner's

        >"Today people use electricity without knowing what it is. Only a
        >knowledge of its real nature can protect man against the destructive
        >forces which assume as Ahrimanic Exusiai, the garment of light gone
        >astray.

        And what, according to anthroposophy, is its (electricity's) "real nature"?
        I remember somewhere Steiner saying that electricity is the decay or the
        fragmentation of Thought. What of that, say ye, any and all?

        Then this:
        >((...))
        >"Natural heat and natural light redeems matter, electricity and
        >magnetism imprison it.

        Ah-ha! Yes, I see a picture here.

        >In regard to electricity and magnetism we need a
        >moral judgment. Modern science explains the whole world as a product of
        >electricity, i.e. sub-physical forces.

        A moral judgement? Judging what, may i ask? If we go beyond modern science
        (or post-modern, even--smile), we see that there are more than just
        "sub-physical forces", but beings, Ahrimanic at a high level, engaged in the
        business of fragmentation, separation, in-organicism. The moral
        light--Light--that penetrates and unifies is what is needed then, i would
        think. That Light is the Living Christ. That's how I see it, and I am still
        learning to see more deeply, so any help is always appreciated.

        >"Our thoughts concerning nature are in themselves creative forces and
        >upon Jupiter and Venus they will take on real shape.

        Yes, our thoughts entering the stream of Thought, creating. IT THINKS.
        Again, the entrance of the Light that is Christ. Somehow, I see the T of
        eurythmy here, raying down into the head, on to the heart, through the body
        and to the limbs. TOUCH. T. Touch as more than idle, more than the
        switching or exchange of electricity. TOUCH as the entrance of Divine
        Thought, that LIGHT.

        >Even as nature
        >slides down into the sub-sensible, so man must rise to the
        >supersensible. He does it by learning to grasp the nature of the etheric
        >forces in a concrete and specific manner."

        Thanks. Yes, again Christ in the Second Coming, the Etheric, the Creative
        generating principle, not just the degenerating one.

        Pace e Bene,

      • 888
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2000
          >And what, according to anthroposophy, is its (electricity's) "real
          nature"?
          >I remember somewhere Steiner saying that electricity is the decay or
          the
          >fragmentation of Thought. What of that, say ye, any and all?

          Dear Elaine,
          You are an angel, only angels don't work at it like
          you do.
          Yes electricity is decayed sunlight a sub-earthly reflection of the
          light ether. I'll post some Q & As from Dr. Steiner later.

          >A moral judgement? Judging what, may i ask?

          Aha that's it! It is those intelligences that live in the electricity
          that we must be aware of. I think Schiller was saying that we are
          morally affected by them.
          ( Those crazy anthroposophists- where do they keep coming up with this
          stuff?) :0)

          >The moral
          >light--Light--that penetrates and unifies is what is needed then, i
          would
          >think. That Light is the Living Christ. That's how I see it, and I am
          still
          >learning to see more deeply, so any help is always appreciated.

          Electricity unfortunately brings with it its living "chums".
          "Opposing forces which bring about a balance can be created only if
          humanity again comes to understand the Christ Impulse, if humanity finds
          the way to Christ."

          Fond Regards,
          Bruce
        • 888
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 2, 2000
            http://www.ozemail.com.au/~zarathus/ignor33.html

            It is interesting that Zarathustrians recognise the nature of
            electricity.
            From the above page:
            "First of all, installing electric wires inside this talismatic
            structure will break this Karsh and Kat (veil between earth and air
            atmosphere) by wires. Besides, electricity (which carries outside
            Drujih-filled thoughts) passes through these wires cause "collusion"
            with Kat and Pavi, which results in creation of numerous exits in Kat
            and weakening of Pavi's talism."
            There is more on the page.

            -Bruce
          • elaine upton
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 4, 2000
              Thanks, Bruce, for your reply to my questions, and also for this page on
              zarathustrians and electricity. When i have more time to read, i will go to
              that page (all the while remembering that the "chums" of electricity are in
              this very medium with which i am busy reading. Hmm..)

              Love,
              elaine