Re: [anthroposophy] Re: brain and consciousness

  • Maurice McCarthy
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 24, 2004
      On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 08:28:31PM -0000 or thereabouts, heather wrote:
      > ***Hi,
      > I was just reading this today and wondered if this was on topic:
      >
      > RS writes;
      > "The nervous system is the only system that has no direct connection
      > to the spirit-soul. .....
      > (p.130 from, " The Foundations of Human Experience" formerly "The
      > Study of Man")
      >
      > **From personal experience, I have absolutely no memory of the pains
      > of giving birth. Thank goodness!
      >
      > ~Heather

      Thank you for that. It is many years since I opened the pages of the
      Study of Man ... and you are bang on topic. I'll have to hold this
      object of wonder until I've less balls in mid-air.

      Thanks again
      Maurice
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 25, 2004
        Great research work Heather!!!!

        ***Hi,
        I was just reading this today and wondered if this was on topic:

        RS writes;
        "The nervous system is the only system that has no direct connection
        to the spirit-soul. Blood, muscles and so forth always have some
        direct connection to the spirit-soul; however, the nervous system
        never has a direct connection. That it has any connection to the
        spirit-soul is only because it continuously shuts itself off from
        human functioning; it is not present because it continuously decays.
        The other elements live, and therefore form direct connections to the
        spirit-soul. The nervous system is in a continuous state of dying. It
        is always saying to the human being, "You can develop because I
        present you with no hindrance, because I make sure that I am not
        there with my life!" That is what is so peculiar. In psychology and
        physiology you will find the nervous system presented as the organ
        from which we receive sensations, thinking and the spirit-soul in
        general. However, how is it that this organ is the intermediary? It
        is possible only because the nervous system removes itself from life
        and thereby presents no hindrance to thinking and sensing; it, in
        fact, has absolutely no connection to thinking and feeling, and,
        where it exists, it allows the human being to be empty in
        relationship to the spirit-soul. Where the nerves exist, the spirit-
        soul meets only spaces, gaps; and, where these gaps exist, the
        spirit-
        soul can enter. We must be thankful to the nervous system that it is
        not concerned with the spirit-soul and that it, in fact, does not do
        any of the things physiologists and psychologists say it does."
        (p.130 from, " The Foundations of Human Experience" formerly "The
        Study of Man")

        **From personal experience, I have absolutely no memory of the pains
        of giving birth. Thank goodness!

        ~Heather
      • Robin
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 5, 2004
          HAs anyone read and studyied CArlos Castanda's book
          the Yaqui way to knowledge.
          I would like to read some views and opinions and
          thoughts.

          Thanks

          Robin

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail