brain and consciousness

  • Maurice McCarthy
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 19, 2004
      Quote, "Do you know the half-life of a microtuble, the protein filaments
      that form the internal scaffolding of a (brain) cell? ... 10 minutes."

      www.sci-con.org/articles/20040601.html

      Maurice
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 21, 2004
        "Do you know the half-life of a microtuble, the protein filaments
        that form the internal scaffolding of a (brain) cell? ... 10 minutes."

        www.sci-con.org/articles/20040601.html

        Maurice

        So Maurice;

        What do you make of the intense short life of this tiny protein
        elemental being? Care to add anything? Just drop an undigested carrot
        for fun? Etheric life and how one reviews the entire human body
        scaling off its former skin and bone, every 7 years, against the
        model is interesting, and is there life or as the Philosophy of
        Freedom has indicated, Thinking, when thinking is done, tends to numb
        the organism, or radiate a O zero point dark room field for thought,
        against the domination of the life forces of the etheric. In other
        words, the vitality of the etheric doesn't promote thought, it is
        rather that thought arises as a stream that interferes for a second
        or less, with etheric life.

        I am curious as to your thoughts, when we see brain scans that
        indicate activity in various areas of the brain, when this or that
        stimulus is applied. One wonders if it is not, not, were the blood
        flows, but where the blood doesn't flow. I have been curious as to if
        we can readily buy into the hot spots where supposed brain activity
        is indicated or if it is rather the lack of the hot spot that reveals
        where the clarity of imagination and thinking, memory and thought
        work. There is also instinct, will forces and Conscious unfolding
        thinking.

        There have been cases of thinking activity, where the brain has been
        hardly real. I have been interested in the full recording of memory
        of actions, by the brain dead, dead person, who is revived and
        remembers looking down on the body and the room with the doctors and
        nurses and remembers hearing, audible, pronouncing of time of death,
        remembers it all.. and describes it as a nucleous, single
        concentrated soul organ that is recording these events. Suddenly when
        revivied, it can recall what obviously was not happening in the brain.

        So, what do you make of this Maurice or haven't you ventured into
        thinking about these things with any connection with soul and spirit?
        Usually Maurice you have some inner, astute intellectual line of
        reasoning rumbling around in your brain case, something to justify
        and prove the existence of soul and spirit.
      • Maurice McCarthy
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 21, 2004
          On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 03:38:48PM -0000 or thereabouts, holderlin66 wrote:

          > So Maurice;
          > I am curious as to your thoughts, ....

          Well, I'm still mulling it around but but they might be closing in, by
          increments, on the formed products of cosmic thinking. (The part of
          thinking which occurs unconsciously in the brain.) Since the very
          highest beings descend directly into matter then their thoughts (or
          rather the dim shadow of them) are what reflect back to our perception
          from our brain-mirror. Whether these tubules are the micromirror, I
          don't know. (The quantum theories of mind most usually depend on the
          tubules being the site of consciousness.)

          In pushing brain studies to the quantum level we approach the most
          ephemeral phenomena of the quantum vacuum and, in abstract, we have the
          classic stand-off of the one and the many (thinking versus content, in a
          mathematicised form). They are circling the idea of knowledge without
          ever tackling it, cannot see the wood for the trees.

          Different but allied are Fodor's atomic concepts. Alone, of modern
          philosophers which I've looked at, he is breaching the way into the
          actuality of the world. Leaving functionalism behind he is
          single-handedly constructing a monadology of the mind and still calls
          himself a 'hairy realist'. An atomic concept has no content of its own
          but must be "informed" of its content (by reality which includes other
          concepts). This is parallel to Leibniz's monad perceiving. It then gains
          its relation to others through the intentionality we add to it. So it is
          not quite a monad in that it does generate ideas on its own, but in a
          confused manner he is pushing that way.

          He does not think there is a knock-down independent argument against the
          information theory of content - and all cognitive scientists hold this
          whether or not they subscribe to the representational theories of mind.
          (The latter he calls "the only game in town.")

          Since first knowledge demonstrates that if a concept does not have a
          content of its own then knowledge never obtains then Fodor is wrong. So
          I have to keep slugging away at the theory of knowledge, maybe a few
          seeds will take root.

          Maurice
        • heather
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 22, 2004
            <holderlin66@h...> wrote:
            > "Do you know the half-life of a microtuble, the protein filaments
            > that form the internal scaffolding of a (brain) cell? ... 10
            minutes."

            > www.sci-con.org/articles/20040601.html
            >
            > Maurice
            >

            > So Maurice;
            >
            > What do you make of the intense short life of this tiny protein
            > elemental being? Care to add anything? Just drop an undigested
            carrot
            > for fun? Etheric life and how one reviews the entire human body
            > scaling off its former skin and bone, every 7 years, against the
            > model is interesting, and is there life or as the Philosophy of
            > Freedom has indicated, Thinking, when thinking is done, tends to
            numb
            > the organism, or radiate a O zero point dark room field for
            thought,
            > against the domination of the life forces of the etheric. In other
            > words, the vitality of the etheric doesn't promote thought, it is
            > rather that thought arises as a stream that interferes for a second
            > or less, with etheric life.
            >

            > Usually Maurice you have some inner, astute intellectual line of
            > reasoning rumbling around in your brain case, something to justify
            > and prove the existence of soul and spirit.

            ***Hi,
            I was just reading this today and wondered if this was on topic:

            RS writes;
            "The nervous system is the only system that has no direct connection
            to the spirit-soul. Blood, muscles and so forth always have some
            direct connection to the spirit-soul; however, the nervous system
            never has a direct connection. That it has any connection to the
            spirit-soul is only because it continuously shuts itself off from
            human functioning; it is not present because it continuously decays.
            The other elements live, and therefore form direct connections to the
            spirit-soul. The nervous system is in a continuous state of dying. It
            is always saying to the human being, "You can develop because I
            present you with no hindrance, because I make sure that I am not
            there with my life!" That is what is so peculiar. In psychology and
            physiology you will find the nervous system presented as the organ
            from which we receive sensations, thinking and the spirit-soul in
            general. However, how is it that this organ is the intermediary? It
            is possible only because the nervous system removes itself from life
            and thereby presents no hindrance to thinking and sensing; it, in
            fact, has absolutely no connection to thinking and feeling, and,
            where it exists, it allows the human being to be empty in
            relationship to the spirit-soul. Where the nerves exist, the spirit-
            soul meets only spaces, gaps; and, where these gaps exist, the spirit-
            soul can enter. We must be thankful to the nervous system that it is
            not concerned with the spirit-soul and that it, in fact, does not do
            any of the things physiologists and psychologists say it does."
            (p.130 from, " The Foundations of Human Experience" formerly "The
            Study of Man")

            **From personal experience, I have absolutely no memory of the pains
            of giving birth. Thank goodness!

            ~Heather
          • Maurice McCarthy
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 24, 2004
              On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 08:28:31PM -0000 or thereabouts, heather wrote:
              > ***Hi,
              > I was just reading this today and wondered if this was on topic:
              >
              > RS writes;
              > "The nervous system is the only system that has no direct connection
              > to the spirit-soul. .....
              > (p.130 from, " The Foundations of Human Experience" formerly "The
              > Study of Man")
              >
              > **From personal experience, I have absolutely no memory of the pains
              > of giving birth. Thank goodness!
              >
              > ~Heather

              Thank you for that. It is many years since I opened the pages of the
              Study of Man ... and you are bang on topic. I'll have to hold this
              object of wonder until I've less balls in mid-air.

              Thanks again
              Maurice

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 5, 2004
                  HAs anyone read and studyied CArlos Castanda's book
                  the Yaqui way to knowledge.
                  I would like to read some views and opinions and
                  thoughts.

                  Thanks

                  Robin

                  http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail