A great Transcendentalist

  • Br. Ron
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 13, 2004

      Henry David Thoreau has always been one of my favorites.
      He writes:

      "In eternity there is indeed something true and sublime.
      But all these times and places and occasions are now and here.
      God himself culminates in the present moment and will never
      be more divine in the lapse of the ages."

      He continues

      "Time is but a stream I go a-fishing in.
      I drink at it, but when I drink I see the sandy bottom
      and detect how shallow it is.
      Its thin current slides away but eternity remains."
      I love this but do have a reservation about the
      "Time is but a stream I go a-fishing in," line.

      I never saw Time as illusory like the Transcendentalists do
      but rather a supremely and profoundly important process
      guiding one to completion and liberty.

      Few Qabalists seek the 'goal-less' repose in Eternity of Buddhism
      but rather the mastery and completion of linear Time.
      (In other words, they seek to perfect 'Becoming' as well as 'Being')

      If God is a verb.....THE Verb!  ....(commanding both
      Action AND Being) let us pray it be an evolution of
      Perpetual Refinement, Love and Beauty.

      For this opportunity we were given a Sacrifice at Golgotha.
      ...an Event at the Hub of the Time...a poignant, priceless moment
      of  Timelessness possible only at the still point resting the very
      Center of the revolving Wheel of History.

      This Center is nothing less than the Sun (Son) around which all orbiting
      things gain the very Light of their Life.

      May we be gratefully satisfied with orbiting ...instead replacing
      The Solar Logos.

      The Christ can never be successfully replaced by our own sublimely
      inadequate sense of self importance. This is the primary lesson needed
      by all Transcendentalists.  ........................Even the great ones

      BR

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 14, 2004
        Br. Ron wrote:

        "Time is but a stream I go a-fishing in.
        I drink at it, but when I drink I see the sandy bottom
        and detect how shallow it is.
        Its thin current slides away but eternity remains."

        I love this but do have a reservation about the
        "Time is but a stream I go a-fishing in," line.

        I never saw Time as illusory like the Transcendentalists do
        but rather a supremely and profoundly important process
        guiding one to completion and liberty.
        For this opportunity we were given a Sacrifice at Golgotha.
        ...an Event at the Hub of the Time...a poignant, priceless moment
        of Timelessness possible only at the still point resting the very
        Center of the revolving Wheel of History.

        Brother Brad comments;

        Great and rich observations my brother. Perfecting Self and World by
        also perfecting Self, is a Time based, Gradual = Grail task. Fishing
        in the stream of Time, comes around deeply to the term ZEITGEST. The
        Transcendentalists hardly had developed a rich concept of ZEITGEIST.
        It has many layers of meaning. Most people apply the vague notion as
        go with or against the Spirit of the Times. For the Times, they are
        a Changin!!!!

        But that is one of the interesting points we tend to skip over. Our
        profound Transendentalist brothers had just come fresh from the
        Michael War in Heaven and had been charged, whole groups of them,
        including the stream of the Romantics, with laying the foundations
        and the ground work for the classic reverberation of Aristotles
        transformation and the dawning of Spiritual Science. "Alexander's
        Transformation" was a title from an Albert Steffen play, and, this
        also needs to be studied as the profound net was cast over the
        spiritual world for Michael School tutors to start the Next Wave.

        The Michael School in Heaven and the Michael School assault was a
        strategic counter move against the Ahrimanic. The Angels were
        involved with a top secret incarnation mandate that had several fall
        back potentials in case one of them failed. If one failed, another
        could be there to take the place. But some things just had to happen
        or humanity might fail. In America we were gifted with the connection
        made by Emerson and Thoreau with Goethe and American Goetheanism.

        But to return to Thoreau, each incarnation is putting ones pole down
        in the stream of time. Thoreau claimed he knew he had been incarnated
        at the time of Christ but never witnessed, heard of or encountered
        him. Yet, because of the nature of the potent forces that all the
        Transcendentalists brought into American culture Longfellow,
        Hawthorne, Melville, all brought powerful fragments of recognizable
        Michael School impulses.

        The source, the freshest source of the Nile of these Michael Archai,
        ZeitGeist, Time Spirit insights come from Steiner. As Steiner
        outlined the characteristics of Michael the ZeitGeist, the fully
        blown gift of the Transcendentalists could be linked to some of the
        highest mysteries of Spiritual Science. Longfellow is a stunning
        example. Melville, amazing and there were Alcotts and others longing
        for a model of Waldorf education... And not to forget Poe, but we
        recognize these things freshly when we understand Time and the true
        nature of the ZeitGeist, not the abstract theory.

        Here is a true Example of Time Spirit critical indicators:

        Come gather 'round people
        Wherever you roam
        And admit that the waters
        Around you have grown
        And accept it that soon
        You'll be drenched to the bone.
        If your time to you
        Is worth savin'
        Then you better start swimmin'
        Or you'll sink like a stone
        For the times they are a-changin'.

        Come writers and critics
        Who prophesize with your pen
        And keep your eyes wide
        The chance won't come again
        And don't speak too soon
        For the wheel's still in spin
        And there's no tellin' who
        That it's namin'.
        For the loser now
        Will be later to win
        For the times they are a-changin'.

        Come senators, congressmen
        Please heed the call
        Don't stand in the doorway
        Don't block up the hall
        For he that gets hurt
        Will be he who has stalled
        There's a battle outside
        And it is ragin'.
        It'll soon shake your windows
        And rattle your walls
        For the times they are a-changin'.

        Come mothers and fathers
        Throughout the land
        And don't criticize
        What you can't understand
        Your sons and your daughters
        Are beyond your command
        Your old road is
        Rapidly agin'.
        Please get out of the new one
        If you can't lend your hand
        For the times they are a-changin'.

        The line it is drawn
        The curse it is cast
        The slow one now
        Will later be fast
        As the present now
        Will later be past
        The order is
        Rapidly fadin'.
        And the first one now
        Will later be last
        For the times they are a-changin'.
      • Hogie McM
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 14, 2004
          Bradford and Ron:
          Thank you both for your refreshing gist on Henry,
          and his association with the Michael School, the 40-year War in Heaven (1839-1879), and thusly,
          as a precursor to Spiritual Science and Dr. Steiner, the messenger of Michael.

          Henry, due to his special development, is still in contact with those he loves, and even
          those he calls "his chosen few".....I believe he will reincarnate soon, if he hasn't already.

          Thank you for bringing back the memories

          Hogie

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 17, 2004
            Nice Bradford!...

            Regardless of our opposing positions on this cultural divide,
            I have always appreciated your cosmology and sensitivity.
            (nobody is perfect...heh heh)

            Anywho, Bob Dylan may be one of those subjects upon which we
            both can agree.

            I do believe he will go down as the Ovid of
            the 20 century.

            Already a legend in his own time, typically
            he won't get his full credit until after he dies.

            "They say every man must need protection.
            They say that every man must fall.
            Still I swear I see (his) reflection,
            somewhere so high above this Wall."

            "I see the Light come Shining...
            from the West down to the East.
            Any day now.....any day now,
            I shall be released"

            Br. Ron

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 17, 2004
              "Br. Ron" ditto;

              At heart I have always recognized you as a Grail brother. Keep on
              keeping on my friend, even our disagreements are sweet nectar to the
              upcoming thinkers. Lewis and Barfield, Hope and Crosby, Martin and
              Lewis, Ron and Brad;

              The road to zanzibar is only two left turns and a valley away from
              the hidden castle of the Fisher King. I'll show you my wound if you
              show me yours.

              And with that, comes the cry in our wilderness that ever richer and
              deeper insights into strange indications and sentences of Dr. Steiner
              be explored more richly, more wonderfully. That in our neck of the
              woods, with our goatskins on and guzzling from our goatskins, we are
              able to spot ever wider and wider connections to a cosmopolitan crew
              of thinkers and writers, exchanges of thought that delicately unite
              true seekers.. and we are called to discover our brothers and sisters
              and in purity of thought and idea see their souls -.
            • Herbert Schumacher
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 2, 2004
                Hello Br. RON...nice to meet you here.

                Anton..037..dcgmt..Stuttgart..Germany

                --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Br. Ron" <rlloyd@d...> wrote:

                > Henry David Thoreau has always been one of my favorites.
                >
                > He writes:
                >
                > "In eternity there is indeed something true and sublime.
                > But all these times and places and occasions are now and here.
                > God himself culminates in the present moment and will never
                > be more divine in the lapse of the ages."
                >
                > He continues
                >
                > "Time is but a stream I go a-fishing in.
                > I drink at it, but when I drink I see the sandy bottom
                > and detect how shallow it is.
                > Its thin current slides away but eternity remains."
                >
                > I love this but do have a reservation about the
                > "Time is but a stream I go a-fishing in," line.
                >
                > I never saw Time as illusory like the Transcendentalists do
                > but rather a supremely and profoundly important process
                > guiding one to completion and liberty.
                >
                > Few Qabalists seek the 'goal-less' repose in Eternity of Buddhism
                > but rather the mastery and completion of linear Time.
                > (In other words, they seek to perfect 'Becoming' as well as 'Being')
                >
                > If God is a verb.....THE Verb! ....(commanding both
                > Action AND Being) let us pray it be an evolution of
                > Perpetual Refinement, Love and Beauty.
                >
                > For this opportunity we were given a Sacrifice at Golgotha.
                > ...an Event at the Hub of the Time...a poignant, priceless moment
                > of Timelessness possible only at the still point resting the very
                > Center of the revolving Wheel of History.
                >
                > This Center is nothing less than the Sun (Son) around which all
                orbiting
                > things gain the very Light of their Life.
                >
                > May we be gratefully satisfied with orbiting ...instead replacing
                > The Solar Logos.
                >
                > The Christ can never be successfully replaced by our own sublimely
                > inadequate sense of self importance. This is the primary lesson needed
                > by all Transcendentalists. ........................Even the great ones
                >
                > BR
              • Herbert Schumacher
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 3, 2004
                  True and honest SPIRITUALISM is accorded with
                  ANTHROPOSOPHY. The Dimensions of LIGHT. The
                  HEAVENS of pure Spirituality. Astral realms.
                  Cosmic etheric planets and beings. SO WE ARE
                  NOT ALLONE and we are NOT isolated. There is
                  the true META world around us. CONTACTS are
                  possible and awareness.... schuh.