a personal note from Steiner

  • Asbolo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2004
      I found my notes on the Fifth Gospel. This is one of those rare personal
      notes by Steiner. What follows is a re-translation from the Spanish
      translation of the German original.

      "In no way I mean that I am right now capable of interpreting exactly what
      appears in the spiritual writing, because I have some difficulty reading
      the images from the Akasha Chronicle that refer to Christianity. It is only
      with some effort that I manage to crystallize and keep the images. I think
      that, according to my Karma, I have the duty of expressing what I have just
      said. There is no doubt that I would do everything with less effort if in
      my infancy I had received --such as in the case of many of my
      contemporaries-- a genuinely Christian education; this was not given to me,
      rather I was raised in an entirely rationalistic environment. I have been
      educated in a purely scientific way, and for that reason it is not easy for
      me to find the things of which I have the duty to speak.

      [snip]

      "Because when I was young I was a strange to Christianity, I feel all the
      more freedom when I confront it, and I believe that it is only through the
      Spirit that I was led to Christianity and to Christ. I believe that it is
      precisely in this field where I have the right to speaking more impartially
      and without prejudices. Perhaps, at this time of universal history, more
      credit will be given to the word of a man of scientific culture who in his
      youth was a strange to Christianity, than to one who since his infancy had
      been in contact with it. With these words I also refer to what lives in me
      if right now I must speak of the so-called Fifth Gospel"

      [end quote]

      Juan