Re: Rép. : [anthroposophy] Karmic Bli ss in the Bank! Or not?

  • golden3000997@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 14, 2004
      Hello Danny and Jan et al,

      I watched the movie, "The Last Samurai" the other night. It was a very well
      done movie about the transition from ancient to modern Japan. It has lots of
      fighting and battle scenes, of course, but just as much to be expected,
      philosophical treatment. The very best part of it, though, jumped right out at me. If
      you haven't seen the movie and want to, please don't read the rest of this,
      because I don't want to spoil it for you. Save this and come back later. Then
      see if you agree with me or not. : )
      (scroll down if you have already seen it!)

      OK - this beautiful part came leaping out again as I read Jan's beautiful
      description of May. I am going to forget lots of details, like names, so bear
      with me. -

      The great Samurai that the American was captured by, has been living with and
      has come to know and admire says to him one spring day in the garden that a
      certain philosopher (forgot name) speaks about searching for the perfect
      blossom (there is a magnificent tree of pink blossoms in the courtyard - plum or
      cherry I think). The philosopher says that one can spend one's whole life
      searching for the perfect blossom and it would not be a wasted life.

      Towards the end of the movie, at the great climactic battle, the Samurai is
      dying a bloody, but noble death in the American's arms. He sees another blossom
      tree blowing blossoms in the wind. He stares and says his last words, "They
      are all perfect."

      Yes.

      Love,
      Christine
    • Jan
      Message 2 of 2 , May 14, 2004
        Re: Rép. : [anthroposophy] Karmic Bliss in the Bank! Or not? Golden Girl!
          You’ve been missed.  How is Baldur and family?
        Love, Jan