Soul's Calendar

  • DoctorStarman@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 27, 2000
      THIS WEEK’S SOUL-CALENDAR
      Here’s the Soul-Calendar verse for the 6th week after Easter, in German
      and English. The Soul Calendar of Spiritual Science is 52 meditative verses
      designed to enable one to experience the astral or soul events occurring both
      within us and in the astral “atmosphere” in the course of the year.

      * T H E M A N T R A *
      Es ist erstanden aus der Eigenheit
      Mein Selbst und findet sich
      Als Weltenoffenbarung
      In Zeit- und Raumeskräften;
      Die Welt, sie zeigt mir überall
      Als göttlich Urbild
      Des eignen Abbilds Wahrheit.

      There has arisen out of my Egohood
      My Self and finds itself
      As World-Revelation
      In Time- and Space-forces;
      The World, it points out to me everywhere
      As godly Archetypal picture
      My own Image’s Truth.

      * T H E W E E K *

      In addition to the mantrams, the first Soul-Calendar contained 12
      drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar
      forces in the cosmos in the daytime, and the Moon's position in the
      constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar forces. The Sun,
      according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Taurus from May 1st to
      June 15th in our era. The symbolic image of the constellation Taurus is
      attached to this post. The Moon positions and phases are listed below for
      each night, along with some of the birth & death days of famous persons
      published in the original ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are
      fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m translating these to
      restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
      connections.

      SUNDAY May 28th. Moon Pisces. Wilhelm.
      MONDAY May 29th. Moon Pisces. Christiana.
      TUESDAY May 30th. Moon Aries. The Maid of Orleans burnt 1431.
      WEDNESDAY May 31st. Moon Aries. Angela.
      THURSDAY June 1st. Moon Taurus. Nicodemus.
      FRIDAY June 2nd. Moon Taurus. New Moon. Ascension Day. Erasmus.
      SATURDAY June 3rd. Moon Gemini. Clotilde.

      Anthroposophy is a Western path of knowledge which begins with the use of
      the logical mind, then an intensification process by use of visual images
      called "Imaginations", and reciting mantras which lead to "Inspirations."
      The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not the essential
      thing, but rather the repetitive recitation of them and entering with deeper
      soul forces into the inner experience of what is described. Also, these
      mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythm in it, so
      learning an English version is just a step to using the mantram in the
      original. (Chanting "the jewel in the lotus" is different from "Om mani padme
      hum.") Steiner spoke of how German had preserved words lost by other
      Indo-Aryan languages, and could be what Sanskrit was in olden times: the
      language in which spirit-truths are expressed. So in translating, I’ve tried
      to keep close to the original so that one can easily go from English to
      German.
      Dr. Starman*******