Re: [anthroposophy] Fire Poltergeists

  • Kevin Dann
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25, 2004
      Dear Danny and Jan,

      Thanks so much for responding to this fiery shot from my puzzled brow
      with fire-filled Enthusiasm -- the God/dess
      within. Dan, you have painted such a beautiful picture of possibilities
      and Jan, you've pointed out particularly the role of the salamanders in
      the warmth realm of the ethers, and of the necessity for human beings to
      approach Nature with respect so as not to further enchant the
      elementals. Rudolf Steiner's remarks about the effect of ritual activity
      make perfect sense, but. . .

      My all-too-literalistic brain craves for some answer to the question of
      WHEN and WHERE about these particularly spectacular episodes of
      elemental rebellion, blow-back, or whatever one might call them-- the
      'smoke signals' to us that we are wreaking havoc in their world. Why did
      that particular house in Vermont or that particular village in Italy
      experience repeated spontaneous eruptions of fire? Why did they happen
      at the particular times they did? Do these 'eruptions' bear a direct and
      discernible relationship to human thoughts or deeds in those geographic
      locales? In seeking to understand benevolent elemental activity -- the
      little gifts of grace that seem to come from out of the blue-- it is
      much easier to find a kind of cause-and-effect linkage between human
      thoughts and deeds and the episodes of blessing, while in these
      malignant episodes, the causal chain is elusive.

      Kevin