readings on the Blood and the Grail

  • elaine upton
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2000
      Hello dear list,

      Recently, I have been occupied with the subject of Blood. (My partner's
      father, a dear man, who is old now, is encountering a mysterious inability
      to make blood, and has transfusions, painfully, invasively, nearly every
      other day, or fairly often lately.). Also, I have, for some 'reason', had
      Rudolf Steiner's lecture, "The Occult Significance of the Blood," much on my
      mind and heart.

      What are these mysteries of blood?

      Then, somewhere on the internet (Steiner archives) I came upon another
      lecture about the celebration of Easter based on a fuller understanding of
      the changing nature of Blood (that nature changed from the old tribal blood
      and accompanying clairvoyance to the transcdent blood that flows since the
      Mystery of Golgotha).

      Then, just now, I came upon an article by one James W. Lindenschmidt: "Whom
      Does the Grail Serve?" Does anyone know Lindenschmidt or this article?--

      The web address:
      http://www.usm.maine.edu/~jiml/grail/printable.html

      So far in my reading of the article, there is this wonderful tracing of how
      the Grail story develops through the literature, and within that development
      a very fine story of Joseph of Arimethea's imprisonment and of the Christ
      appearing with the Grail cup, just when Joseph is in dire need of it. Thus,
      Joseph becomes the first Grail knight, so to say.

      What this reminded me of is that people can search and search for the Grail
      and that which it contains. But the Grail comes when you need it, truly need
      it. The Christ appears to those who are ready.

      "And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the world."

      Blessings,