Re: [anthroposophy] Re: "Nature so Motherly to Me"

  • Hogie McM
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 8, 2004
      derek:
      on the surface, it doesn't appear to have anything to do with Anthroposophy.

      But Anthroposophy is always concerned with researching into the inner depths, to hopefully
      someday make that which today is unseen, into a world view where all is seen consciously.
      As Dr. Steiner went to pains to point out many times, there are several paths one may
      take leading to the top of the mountain.  Some are dangerous, others are convoluted, and lead
      to dead ends.....

      in a nutshell, Anthroposophy does not come in "spoon-fed" answers, with fixation.
      Whatever is uncovered, is always itself in full dynamic.

      This is a very powerful group of concerned and informed Anthroposophists whom you have found...
      it is worth getting to know them...dif a little, take the time to make the connections...
      it is always the most fulfilling when you make them yoursel, with a little help from your friends.

      Hogie

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 8, 2004
        Bradford the Rude:

        To modify the engine of Nature, you can either use the sun, moon,
        stars and soil in a biodynamic manner or you can get down into the
        guts of nature with Ahrimanic instinct, and begin perfecting
        biological distortions that will change the entire elemental world;
        super enhance virus weapons; Over inject Silver, so that vegetables
        so soak up lunar forces that they are like breast implants. In fact
        flavor fails, but size and an enhancement of silver certainly
        focuses the moons enlargment, size without taste current concepts.
        There is a moral horror show happening. Someone is under the hood of
        Mother Nature tooling with her, revving the engine, meddling with
        the cow, the goat, the sheep, seeking disconnected Karma and Star
        laws that are made by men only on the Earth.

        Now these new breeds of enlisted and distorted elementals are GM
        channeled into our diets and our environment. Oh we are gonna get
        interesting results alright. But we haven't had the decency to
        discuss the ethics involved with the Rape of Mother Nature and
        turning her into a street hooker, Whore of Babylon for corporate fun
        and demonic profit have we. Issues roll off discussion tables like
        hardened rabbit turds.

        Severing Nature from the Stars and booting up and modifying
        elemental kingdoms, without wisdom, is serious child abuse. It is
        Priest like rape, it's all that we are refusing to deal with as we
        rush to human modification, karmic disruption and genetic cloning
        divorced from Star wisdom. Here fragments of the lower I Am will
        roll of the assembly line, and our Star Born model of self, will be
        a fragment, of our own distorted karmic being. But the military will
        remain the king of Earth hostage taking, but Anthros, fought, proved
        and revealed, but they weren't listened to because the teenagers
        have a strange "Wired Magazine" glint in their eyes. This trip
        comes, batteries not included and we have got to see what is coming.

        "While
        the military is well-versed in employing all sorts of creatures to do
        its bidding, from Army guard dogs to Navy dolphins used for locating
        sea mines, DARPA is keen on branching out from class Mammalia. One
        way is through its "Bio-Revolution" program which seeks to "harness
        the insights and power of biology to make U.S. warfighters and their
        equipment... more effective."

        Little Shop of Horrors

        In July 2003, DARPA held a workshop to "help researchers in various
        disciplines self-assemble into teams capable of developing plant
        inspired actuation systems that will ultimately have application in
        military adaptive or morphing structures." What's on the horizon
        then? Giant Venus Fly-trap-inspired fighting vehicles? A brigade of
        Swamp-Thing warriors?

        (Octo)Pie in the sky camouflage

        According to the agency's 2003 strategic plan, "DARPA-supported
        researchers are studying how geckos climb walls and how an octopus
        hides to find new approaches to locomotion and highly adaptive
        camouflage. The idea is to let nature be a guide toward better
        engineering." Imagine the ink-squirting, suction-cup-covered frogman
        of the future!

        Remote-Control Robo-Rats

        In 2002, DARPA researchers demonstrated that they could remotely
        control the movements of a rat with electrodes implanted into its
        brain using a laptop computer. In 2003 and 2004, DARPA's "Robolife"
        program researchers will turn their attention to the "performance of
        rats, birds and insects in performing missions of interest to DoD,
        such as exploration of caves or covert deposition of sensors."
        Militarizing the animal world, however, carries its own risks. Take
        World War II's Project X-Ray in which bats with incendiary explosives
        strapped to their bodies turned on their military masters and set
        fire to an U.S. Army airfield. Just imagine what an army of Army rats
        might do! Anybody remember Willard?

        "super soldier serum."

        Just Say "No" to No Doze, but "Yes" to Endless Combat

        The U.S. military has long plied its fighting men with uppers. In
        Vietnam, medics sated soldiers' need for speed by doling out
        government-issue amphetamines. In 2002, U.S. pilots under the
        influence of Air Force "go-pills" (which Air Force spokeswoman Lt.
        Jennifer Ferrau calls a "fatigue management tool") killed four
        Canadian soldiers and injured eight others when they dropped a laser-
        guided bomb on a Canadian military training exercise in Afghanistan.
        Today, DARPA's Continuous Assisted Performance (CAP) program is aimed
        at creating a 24-7 trooper by "investigating ways to prevent fatigue
        and enable soldiers to stay awake, alert, and effective for up to
        seven days straight without suffering any deleterious mental or
        physical effects and without using any of the current generation of
        stimulants."

        This is your brain on DARPA... any questions?

        DARPA researchers are also at work on the "Brain Machine Interface"
        ("neuromics") project, designed as a mind/machine interface, allowing
        mechanical devices to be controlled via thought-power. Thus far,
        researchers have taught a monkey to move a computer mouse and a
        telerobotic arm simply by thinking about it. With arrays of up to 96
        electrodes implanted in their brains, the animals are able to reach
        for food with a robotic arm. Researchers even transmitted the signals
        over the internet, allowing remote control of an robotic arm 600
        miles away."
      • derek19282000
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 8, 2004
          In Rudolf Steiner's "How To Know Higher Worlds" ( translated by
          Christopher Bamford,1994) , Chapter 5: "Requirements For Esoteric
          Training", Steiner enumerates seven requirements. The second
          requirement ( p99) is that "we feel ourselves involved in the whole
          of life," he goes on to say it is then but a small step to the
          insight that, as a member or organ of humanity as a whole, I am
          jointly responsible with all human beings, for everything that
          happens. THIS INSIGHT SHOULD NOT ,OF COURSE, BE IMMEDIATELY
          TRANSLATED INTO POLITICAL AGITATION IN THE WORLD. It should be
          calmly cultivated within the soul. In this way it will gradually
          come to expression in my outer actions. Indeed in such matters, we
          can begin only by reforming ourselves. To make general demands for
          social and political reform on the basis of such insights is
          fruitless. It is easy to say how other people should be, but
          students of esoteric knowledge must work in the depths and not on
          the surface. It would therefore be quite wrong to connect the
          demands of esoteric schooling with any demands for reform or even
          political change. The education of the spirit has nothing to do with
          such things. Political activists generally know what to ask of other
          people, but they hardly ever talk about asking anything of
          themselves."
          I interpreted your posting in this light. I may be wrong and am
          prepared to withstand polite correction in the spirit of brotherly
          love. I may have misinterpreted Steiner-or indeed, Steiner may be
          wrong! But I do not deserve "character assassination!

          The irony is that I agree with you about GM! And I am a member
          of "Scientists for Global REsponsibilitty" and "the Soil
          Association" {These are British organisations and may not be well
          known on this site, but no doubt there are American equivalents).But
          I visit an Anthroposical Group for instruction in spiritual matters
          and have my own sources for political debate.
        • Adrian Hansen
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 11, 2004
            Go Derek!

            --- derek19282000 <derek19282000@...> wrote:
            ---------------------------------
[...]

            Terms of Service.

            http://au.movies.yahoo.com
          • Hogie McM
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 11, 2004
              Derek:
              Im sure you are aware that Dr. Steiner, in addition to his inner work and
              initial requirements for building up character, entered social life wholly and directly, and spent much energy,
              with Walter Johannes Stein as ultimate courier, in trying to inculcate his model
              of the 3-fold social order, politically, directly into real-time social-political change during his lifetime,
              direct to personalities in the government that could have potentially made a change.

              Im not sure I'd call it Political Agitation, as Anthroposophy is not meant to be agitated
              to the world, but economical and political change directly into the physical world,
              definitely a yes.

              Hogie