"Nature so Motherly to Me"

    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 4, 2004
      http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?SectionID=37&ItemID=5085

      When, in October 1957, the USSR launched the first man-made earth
      satellite, the basketball-sized Sputnik, it caught the United States
      off guard and sent the government into fits. Not only had the Soviets
      exploded an atomic bomb years before the Americans predicted they
      would, but now they were leading the "space race." In response, the
      Defense Department approved funding for a new U.S. satellite project,
      headed by former Nazi SS officer Wernher von Braun, and created, in
      1958, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) to make
      certain that the United States forever after maintained "a lead in
      applying state-of-the-art technology for military capabilities and to
      prevent technological surprise from her adversaries."

      Almost half a century later, what's left of the USSR is a collapsed
      group of half-failed states, while the U.S. stands alone as the
      globe's sole hyperpower. Yet DARPA, the agency for an arms-race
      world, seems only to be warming up to the chase. There may be no
      country left to take the lead from us, the nearest military
      competitor being China which reportedly had $65 billion in military
      expenditures in 2002 (compared to our $466 billion according to
      GlobalSecurity.org) and which, only in 2003, put its
      first "Taikonaut" into outer space. Undaunted, DARPA continues to
      develop high-tech weapons systems for 2025-2050 and beyond – some of
      them standard fare like your run-of-the-mill. hypersonic bombers,
      others more exotic.

      In an August 2003 article, Los Angeles Times reporter Charles Pillar
      noted that DARPA has put forth some of the "most boneheaded ideas
      ever to spring from the government" -- including a "mechanical
      elephant" that never made it into the jungles of Vietnam and
      telepathy research that never quite afforded the U.S. the ability to
      engage in psychic spying.

      As former DARPA Director Charles Herzfeld noted in 1975, "When we
      fail, we fail big." Little has changed. According to DARPA's current
      chief, some 85%-90% of its projects fail to meet their full
      objectives. Still, Piller points out, DARPA "has been behind some of
      the world's most revolutionary inventions" -- "the Internet, the
      global positioning system, stealth technology and the computer
      mouse."

      DARPA's spectacular failure rate and noteworthy successes stem from
      its high risk ventures. For years DARPA has funded extremely
      unconventional, sometimes beyond-the-pale, avant-garde research in
      all realms of science and technology. It is, perhaps, the most
      creative place in our vast government for a scientist who wants to
      stretch his or her mind in adventurous directions and be well paid to
      do so. If you have a wild idea, DARPA's the place to try it out. Said
      Harvard University pathologist Donald Ingber in a 2001 Los Angeles
      Times article, "DARPA [has] funded things that a lot of people
      thought were ridiculous, and some that people thought were
      impossible. They make things happen."

      There's only one caveat -- in one way or another most every project,
      however mind-stretching, invariably must end, directly or indirectly,
      in the incapacitation or death of future American enemies.

      The projects are often some of the most lethal ever conceived. Over
      the years, DARPA research has led to a plethora of products designed
      to maim and kill, among them the: M-16 rifle, Hellfire-missile-
      equipped Predator drones, stealth fighters and bombers, surface-to-
      surface artillery rocket systems, Tomahawk cruise missiles, B-52
      bomber upgrades, Titan missiles, Javelin portable "fire and forget"
      guided missiles and cannon-launched Copperhead guided projectiles, to
      name but a few.

      A question seldom asked is why pie-in-the-sky creativity exists
      unfettered and fostered only in the context of lethal technologies?
      As the U.S. continues its mad dash into a post-Cold War, one-nation
      arms race, fears of a missile gap or the menace of a technologically
      advanced foreign foe drop away as explanations; nor can it just be a
      generalized fear of falling behind the rest of the world. Look at the
      state of education in America -- in 2002 the U.S. ranked 18th in
      UNICEF's list of teenagers in 24 industrialized countries falling
      below international academic benchmarks. Despite the poor showing, no
      one is rushing to set up an Advanced Education Research Agency.
      According to the CIA's annually-published World Factbook, "the US is
      the largest single emitter of carbon dioxide from the burning of
      fossil fuels," yet the Environmental Protection Agency's "National
      Center for Environmental Innovation" is a far cry from a DARPA-like
      entity. It doled out a mere $737,500 in seven state-innovation grants
      in 2003. DARPA, by comparison, spent about $3 billion on some 200
      projects that ranged from space weapons to unmanned aerial vehicles.

      But just because the government isn't pouring money into the projects
      of scientists eager to attack environmental problems doesn't mean
      environmental research is of no interest to it. Quite the opposite.
      DARPA has taken up the torch and is funding a rigorous research
      program aimed at finding novel ways to weaponize the natural world.
      As evidenced by their Vietnam-era mechanical elephant project and a
      recent grant to researchers developing a robotic canine called "Big
      Dog" for the Army, DARPA might be said to have something of an animal
      fetish, reflected perhaps in various projects whose very names evoke
      the ethos of the wild kingdom. Among them:

      WolfPack, a group (pack) of miniaturized, unattended ground sensors
      that are meant to work together in detecting, identifying and jamming
      enemy communications; Piranha, a project to "enable submarines to
      engage elusive maneuvering land and sea targets"; and Hummingbird
      Warrior, a program to produce a helicopter-like vertical take-off and
      landing unmanned air vehicle (UAV).

      The agency also embraces the imagery of the natural environment in
      its "Organic Air Vehicles in the Trees" project, which sounds
      downright "green," though it's actually a tiny UAV that will fly in
      the forests, over hills and through cities searching for enemies.
      Allusions to the natural world, however, are the least of it. While
      the military is well-versed in employing all sorts of creatures to do
      its bidding, from Army guard dogs to Navy dolphins used for locating
      sea mines, DARPA is keen on branching out from class Mammalia. One
      way is through its "Bio-Revolution" program which seeks to "harness
      the insights and power of biology to make U.S. warfighters and their
      equipment... more effective."

      Willard and His Wild Pals

      Killer Bees

      After all those years of warnings about sinister African killer bees
      inexorably heading toward the U.S., DARPA decided to draft bees into
      military service. In 2002, projects examining the performance of
      honeybees trained to detect explosives and locate other "odors of
      interest" were launched. Since then, DARPA has been creating insect
      databases while increasing efforts to "understand how to use endemic
      insects as collectors of environmental information." DARPA says it
      has already tested "this endemic insect system in key operational
      demonstrations here and abroad." How long until they start thinking
      about weaponizing insects as well? Instead of your plain old, garden
      variety Stinger missiles, you could have a swarm of missile stingers.

      Fly Boys

      At the University of Florida, DARPA-sponsored researchers are working
      on biologically-inspired "eyes," patterned after those of flies. "We
      think we can use this concept to make smart weapons smarter," says
      professor of materials science and engineering Paul Holloway, the
      project's lead researcher. It's a safe bet that a new set of eyes
      would help, since the current crop of smart weapons couldn't get much
      dumber! Despite the pronouncements of U.S. Navy Vice Admiral Timothy
      Keating who, on the eve of the invasion of Iraq, bragged of a
      military "plan that... reduces to an absolute minimum, if not
      eliminates, noncombatant casualties," nothing proved further from the
      case. While 68% of munitions used in Operation Iraqi Freedom were
      precision-guided, as opposed to only 6.5% in the 1991 Gulf War, the
      ratio of civilian to military deaths turned out to be almost twice as
      high this time around, according to Carol Conetta of the
      Massachusetts-based think-tank, Project on Defense Alternatives. Are
      fly eyes the answer? Perhaps... at least until some rogue state
      develops a fly-paper missile defense shield.

      Little Shop of Horrors

      In July 2003, DARPA held a workshop to "help researchers in various
      disciplines self-assemble into teams capable of developing plant
      inspired actuation systems that will ultimately have application in
      military adaptive or morphing structures." What's on the horizon
      then? Giant Venus Fly-trap-inspired fighting vehicles? A brigade of
      Swamp-Thing warriors?

      (Octo)Pie in the sky camouflage

      According to the agency's 2003 strategic plan, "DARPA-supported
      researchers are studying how geckos climb walls and how an octopus
      hides to find new approaches to locomotion and highly adaptive
      camouflage. The idea is to let nature be a guide toward better
      engineering." Imagine the ink-squirting, suction-cup-covered frogman
      of the future!

      Remote-Control Robo-Rats

      In 2002, DARPA researchers demonstrated that they could remotely
      control the movements of a rat with electrodes implanted into its
      brain using a laptop computer. In 2003 and 2004, DARPA's "Robolife"
      program researchers will turn their attention to the "performance of
      rats, birds and insects in performing missions of interest to DoD,
      such as exploration of caves or covert deposition of sensors."
      Militarizing the animal world, however, carries its own risks. Take
      World War II's Project X-Ray in which bats with incendiary explosives
      strapped to their bodies turned on their military masters and set
      fire to an U.S. Army airfield. Just imagine what an army of Army rats
      might do! Anybody remember Willard?

      The Wildest of Apes

      When Captain America throws his mighty shield...
      Perhaps the most frightening of DARPA's weaponized science projects
      are those that deal with militarily enhancing that most violent of
      apes -- man. In its 2003 strategic plan, DARPA touted the "Enhanced
      Human Performance" component of its "Bio-Revolution" program whose
      aim is to prevent humans from "becoming the weakest link in the U.S.
      military." Lest rats, bees and trees become the dominant warriors,
      Enhanced Human Performance will "exploit the life sciences to make
      the individual warfighter stronger, more alert, more endurant, and
      better able to heal." Yes, what now captivates DARPA researchers once
      captivated comic-book readers -- the dream of creating a real-life
      Captain America, that weakling-turned-Axis-smashing-super-patriot by
      way of "super soldier serum."

      Just Say "No" to No Doze, but "Yes" to Endless Combat

      The U.S. military has long plied its fighting men with uppers. In
      Vietnam, medics sated soldiers' need for speed by doling out
      government-issue amphetamines. In 2002, U.S. pilots under the
      influence of Air Force "go-pills" (which Air Force spokeswoman Lt.
      Jennifer Ferrau calls a "fatigue management tool") killed four
      Canadian soldiers and injured eight others when they dropped a laser-
      guided bomb on a Canadian military training exercise in Afghanistan.
      Today, DARPA's Continuous Assisted Performance (CAP) program is aimed
      at creating a 24-7 trooper by "investigating ways to prevent fatigue
      and enable soldiers to stay awake, alert, and effective for up to
      seven days straight without suffering any deleterious mental or
      physical effects and without using any of the current generation of
      stimulants."

      This is your brain on DARPA... any questions?

      DARPA researchers are also at work on the "Brain Machine Interface"
      ("neuromics") project, designed as a mind/machine interface, allowing
      mechanical devices to be controlled via thought-power. Thus far,
      researchers have taught a monkey to move a computer mouse and a
      telerobotic arm simply by thinking about it. With arrays of up to 96
      electrodes implanted in their brains, the animals are able to reach
      for food with a robotic arm. Researchers even transmitted the signals
      over the internet, allowing remote control of an robotic arm 600
      miles away. In the future they hope to develop a "non-invasive
      interface" for human use. Says DARPA, "The long-term Defense
      implications of finding ways to turn thoughts into acts, if it can be
      developed, are enormous: imagine U.S. warfighters that only need use
      the power of their thoughts to do things at great distances." For
      years, the U.S. military has been improving its ability to reach out
      and kill someone. What's the mantra of the future? Maybe, if you
      think it, they will die.

      Life (and Death) Sciences

      Leonard J. Buckley, a program manager in materials chemistry at
      DARPA's Defense Science Office, has said, in regard to insect-
      inspired optics research, "Inspiration from nature... will allow more
      life-like qualities in the system." And, says DARPA spokeswoman Jan
      Walker, "We're interested in investigating biological organisms
      because they have evolved over many, many years to be particularly
      good at surviving in the environment. ...and we hope to learn from
      some of those strategies that Mother Nature has developed."
      Poor Mother Nature! What hope has she when faced with an over $400
      billion dollar defense budget. What can she do when the most powerful
      impetus for free-thinking scientists to consider her is in the urge
      to weaponize her offspring. Under DARPA, the life sciences have
      become a fertile area to further the science of death and destruction
      in an effort, in the words of the DARPA Defense Sciences Office, to
      overcome the "Frailties of Life" to achieve "Super Physiological
      Performance." How wonderfully Nietzschean!

      Such is the state of government-sponsored innovation in our land. If
      you're a researcher in crucial fields and want the time, funding, and
      latitude to be creative, your work must benefit the Pentagon in its
      race to make sure that the next Saddam can be, in the words of Maj.
      Gen. Raymond Odierno, "caught like a rat" by Capt. Ben Willard of the
      Army's rat patrol.

      Other than finding new ways of circumventing international law (e.g.
      bypassing violations of national airspace with space-launched
      weapons) which the U.S. already does quite well with current
      technology or the mountain climber's mantra "because its there," it's
      hard to fathom why the government is still locked in a Cold War-style
      arms race in a single hyperpower world. The only explanation
      available lies in the driving will of the ever-expanding military-
      industrial complex, first named by President Eisenhower back in 1961.
      This would certainly help explain why we have no educational or
      environmental DARPAs. For today's researchers, DARPA is, both
      intellectually and financially, a fabulous and alluring gravy train,
      the only agency that puts real money into and rewards creative and
      maverick thinking. The freedom to dream and create, DARPA's mandate,
      is seductive and exceptional and, as such, so dangerous that we have
      to ask ourselves whether war-making isn't now America's most advanced
      product.

      Have a hankering to check out some websites dealing with the birds
      and the bees? Well, those are easy enough to find on your own. I'm
      talking about the birds and the bees, DARPA-style! If you think
      you're wild enough to see the Hummingbird Warrior, click here! Want
      to know just who is drafting bees into military service (and "exploit
      [ing] the capabilities of biological systems")? Then click here. Does
      the mere mention of a "hybrid brain-machine interface" leave you
      wanting to move robotic arms toward the refrigerator? Read up on it
      by clicking here. Or do you think the weaponization of the wild
      kingdom is just plain batty? If so, click here and scroll down
      to "Bat Bomb--Project X-Ray" where you can view of photo of that
      bats' handiwork --a flaming army barracks-- sure to inspire a Fox
      special, titled: "When Animals Attack the U.S. Military!"

      Nicholas Turse is doctoral candidate at the Center for the History &
      Ethics of Public Health in the Mailman School of Public Health at
      Columbia University.

      Copyright C2004 Nicholas Turse
    • derek19282000
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 4, 2004
        <holderlin66@h...> wrote:
        > http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?
        SectionID=37&ItemID=5085

        > When, in October 1957, the USSR launched the first man-made earth
        > satellite, the basketball-sized Sputnik, it caught the United
        States
        > off guard and sent the government into fits.
        ETC. ETC....

        WHAT HAS ALL THIS TO DO WITH ANTHROPOSOPHY?
      • Maurice McCarthy
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 5, 2004
          Mike

          Yes, having spawned all the sciences, Philosophy itself shows the door
          back to the spiritual worlds thereby reaching its ultimate purpose. When
          perception begins to turn relational (in the same way that thoughts
          connect) then the less do we think abstractly but literally see the
          truth.

          Maurice

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 7, 2004
            "derek19282000"

            WHAT HAS ALL THIS TO DO WITH ANTHROPOSOPHY?

            Derek, don't make me answer you. For what kind of lame blame lunk
            would place this as a question? Have you been hiding in some
            underground bunker or is there some vacancy sign on your beard that
            I failed to read?

            With the enormous contributions Maurice and Danny and others have
            made to this list, you better have good reason for your dumbfounded
            response. Because anyone here can connect dots and have been trained
            in thinking enough to see clearly and understand the range of
            misapplications of human spirit that are growing to monster again,
            around us.

            We could pick anyone of the items and I have a back log that are
            even deadlier and I know Jan and Joksu have a pack full as well and
            they all have everything to do with Anthroposophy. So if your middle
            name is Rip Van Wrinkle...please.. snore first if you are about to
            wake up and if you still can't understand why your eyes happen to be
            open, go back into some of the history of this list and rip open
            insights we have covered already.

            Otherwise, don't even hint at the idea that you wonder if this has
            anything to do with Anthroposophy, because I am not in a
            particularly generous mood, to hold your hand, step by step and one
            thing at a time. But if you have a single specific issue, of those
            listed that you might want to explore.. Ask specifically because the
            very nature of the term... Nature so Motherly to me, came from the
            Soul Calendar. Which in every detail is opposite to the Ahrimanic
            forces offered and the money offered to dig humanity deeper into the
            negative.. the -minus-Michael.

            But for the family of heavy slumbering Wrinkles, in case you haven't
            noticed, Ahriman is in the house and we like to keep an eye on him.
            But I fear this is all part of some burp that you had as you
            wandered into a room full of quiet readers and said, (besides
            belching loudly)

            "Is anyone going to turn off that damned alarm or what?" You turn
            it off if you think your so wide awake and you think you know how.
            The rest of us haven't slept a wink Rip but at least we are aware of
            how it fits with Anthroposophy.

            Bradford
          • derek19282000
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 8, 2004
              <holderlin66@h...> wrote:
              > "derek19282000"
              >
              > WHAT HAS ALL THIS TO DO WITH ANTHROPOSOPHY?
              >
              > Derek, don't make me answer you. For what kind of lame blame lunk
              > would place this as a question?

              I DON'T THINK THERE IS ANY NEED TO BE RUDE.
            • Adrian Hansen
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 8, 2004
                Dear Derek,
                You are a new member I asume and not very advanced in
                Anthroposophy ,like my self you will find out the hard
                way, or you will walk away from it. I am sorry that
                Bradford treated you as he did,but this is the only
                way to wake up and although you can't see it yet, you
                will thank him for his words later on. Please stick
                with us and don't be put of, Love Adrian

                --- holderlin66 <holderlin66@...> wrote:
                ---------------------------------
                "derek19282000"

                Terms of Service.

                http://au.movies.yahoo.com
              • Hogie McM
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 8, 2004
                  derek:
                  on the surface, it doesn't appear to have anything to do with Anthroposophy.

                  But Anthroposophy is always concerned with researching into the inner depths, to hopefully
                  someday make that which today is unseen, into a world view where all is seen consciously.
                  As Dr. Steiner went to pains to point out many times, there are several paths one may
                  take leading to the top of the mountain.  Some are dangerous, others are convoluted, and lead
                  to dead ends.....

                  in a nutshell, Anthroposophy does not come in "spoon-fed" answers, with fixation.
                  Whatever is uncovered, is always itself in full dynamic.

                  This is a very powerful group of concerned and informed Anthroposophists whom you have found...
                  it is worth getting to know them...dif a little, take the time to make the connections...
                  it is always the most fulfilling when you make them yoursel, with a little help from your friends.

                  Hogie

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 8, 2004
                    "derek19282000" <derek19282000@y...> wrote:

                    > I DON'T THINK THERE IS ANY NEED TO BE RUDE.

                    Alright Derek, I was rude, I admit it. Now do you think you can
                    perhaps imagine how much we hate to have to watch Nature getting
                    ripped off and tortured under Baconian Idols... No, No, I have a
                    better idea. Look here Derek.

                    "Just when the global diatribe over food and genetically modified
                    crops (GM) is heating up in tone and breadth, the corporations that
                    create them are staging a showcase for a fresh batch of transgenics.

                    These new GM crops, known as biopharmaceuticals, or biopharms for
                    short, produce industrial and pharmaceutical chemicals within their
                    tissues. The plants, including soy, rice, corn and tobacco, are
                    genetically altered to produce substances such as growth hormones,
                    curdling agents (coagulants), vaccines for humans as well as farm
                    animals, human antibodies, industrial enzymes, contraceptives and
                    even pregnancy deterrents.

                    Scientists and corporations alike embrace biopharmaceuticals with
                    glee. "Imagine being able to harvest enough globulin (a compound
                    that fights arthritis) for the whole world in all of fifty acres?",
                    writes Dr. William O. Robertson for the Seattle Post
                    Intelligencer. "Imagine being able to find the protein healthy
                    people use to prevent arthritis or breast cancer and being able to
                    produce it in large quantities in rice and tobacco."

                    ProdiGene, a leader in the field, calculates that by the end of this
                    decade, 10% of the corn produced in the US will be
                    biopharmaceutical. The volume of biopharmaceutical drugs and
                    chemicals could reach the 200 billion dollar figure, according to
                    Dow AgroSciences scientist Guy Cardinau. "

                    http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?SectionID=7&ItemID=5102

                    So Derek, suppose you tell me if you understand what distortion of
                    the Elemental community and enslavement of nature means? Elaborate
                    everyone here is game and open, but certainly, not one I met here
                    has ever been stupid, except for me.
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 8, 2004
                      Bradford the Rude:

                      To modify the engine of Nature, you can either use the sun, moon,
                      stars and soil in a biodynamic manner or you can get down into the
                      guts of nature with Ahrimanic instinct, and begin perfecting
                      biological distortions that will change the entire elemental world;
                      super enhance virus weapons; Over inject Silver, so that vegetables
                      so soak up lunar forces that they are like breast implants. In fact
                      flavor fails, but size and an enhancement of silver certainly
                      focuses the moons enlargment, size without taste current concepts.
                      There is a moral horror show happening. Someone is under the hood of
                      Mother Nature tooling with her, revving the engine, meddling with
                      the cow, the goat, the sheep, seeking disconnected Karma and Star
                      laws that are made by men only on the Earth.

                      Now these new breeds of enlisted and distorted elementals are GM
                      channeled into our diets and our environment. Oh we are gonna get
                      interesting results alright. But we haven't had the decency to
                      discuss the ethics involved with the Rape of Mother Nature and
                      turning her into a street hooker, Whore of Babylon for corporate fun
                      and demonic profit have we. Issues roll off discussion tables like
                      hardened rabbit turds.

                      Severing Nature from the Stars and booting up and modifying
                      elemental kingdoms, without wisdom, is serious child abuse. It is
                      Priest like rape, it's all that we are refusing to deal with as we
                      rush to human modification, karmic disruption and genetic cloning
                      divorced from Star wisdom. Here fragments of the lower I Am will
                      roll of the assembly line, and our Star Born model of self, will be
                      a fragment, of our own distorted karmic being. But the military will
                      remain the king of Earth hostage taking, but Anthros, fought, proved
                      and revealed, but they weren't listened to because the teenagers
                      have a strange "Wired Magazine" glint in their eyes. This trip
                      comes, batteries not included and we have got to see what is coming.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 8, 2004
                        In Rudolf Steiner's "How To Know Higher Worlds" ( translated by
                        Christopher Bamford,1994) , Chapter 5: "Requirements For Esoteric
                        Training", Steiner enumerates seven requirements. The second
                        requirement ( p99) is that "we feel ourselves involved in the whole
                        of life," he goes on to say it is then but a small step to the
                        insight that, as a member or organ of humanity as a whole, I am
                        jointly responsible with all human beings, for everything that
                        happens. THIS INSIGHT SHOULD NOT ,OF COURSE, BE IMMEDIATELY
                        TRANSLATED INTO POLITICAL AGITATION IN THE WORLD. It should be
                        calmly cultivated within the soul. In this way it will gradually
                        come to expression in my outer actions. Indeed in such matters, we
                        can begin only by reforming ourselves. To make general demands for
                        social and political reform on the basis of such insights is
                        fruitless. It is easy to say how other people should be, but
                        students of esoteric knowledge must work in the depths and not on
                        the surface. It would therefore be quite wrong to connect the
                        demands of esoteric schooling with any demands for reform or even
                        political change. The education of the spirit has nothing to do with
                        such things. Political activists generally know what to ask of other
                        people, but they hardly ever talk about asking anything of
                        themselves."
                        I interpreted your posting in this light. I may be wrong and am
                        prepared to withstand polite correction in the spirit of brotherly
                        love. I may have misinterpreted Steiner-or indeed, Steiner may be
                        wrong! But I do not deserve "character assassination!

                        The irony is that I agree with you about GM! And I am a member
                        of "Scientists for Global REsponsibilitty" and "the Soil
                        Association" {These are British organisations and may not be well
                        known on this site, but no doubt there are American equivalents).But
                        I visit an Anthroposical Group for instruction in spiritual matters
                        and have my own sources for political debate.
                      • Adrian Hansen
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 11, 2004
                          Go Derek!

                          ---------------------------------

                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 11, 2004
                            Derek:
                            Im sure you are aware that Dr. Steiner, in addition to his inner work and
                            initial requirements for building up character, entered social life wholly and directly, and spent much energy,
                            with Walter Johannes Stein as ultimate courier, in trying to inculcate his model
                            of the 3-fold social order, politically, directly into real-time social-political change during his lifetime,
                            direct to personalities in the government that could have potentially made a change.

                            Im not sure I'd call it Political Agitation, as Anthroposophy is not meant to be agitated
                            to the world, but economical and political change directly into the physical world,
                            definitely a yes.

                            Hogie