Re: [anthroposophy] Re: Hanging around

  • Maurice McCarthy
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 3, 2004
      Bradford asked about modules

      Chomsky holds intelligence to be of separate compartments and not an
      infinitely plastic unity. There is one for language but to him it is
      specifically human. Animal or alien tongues may easily be
      unintelligible to a human. Intelligences are separate things - I think
      he is saying species specific.

      McGinn finds this relevant to what he calls Metaphilosophy, the
      philosophy beyond philosophy or philosophy of philosophy. I ask what is
      the love of knowledge for the love of knowledge? The pure willingness to
      understand - Christ as Anthropo-sophia, human wisdom. He say
      metaphilosophy is the most neglected and difficult aspect in all
      philosophy.

      Maurice.
    • Maurice McCarthy
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 3, 2004
        Children do not imitate speech, they create it:

        Lap me, Nanny! (My daughter at about 2 years old)

        Maurice