Nice Quotes Passed Along from another site

  • golden3000997@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2004
      I do not know what I
      may appear to the
      world; but to myself I
      seem to have been only
      like a boy playing on
      the seashore, and
      diverting myself now
      and then finding a
      smoother pebble or a
      prettier shell than
      ordinary, whilst the
      great ocean of truth lay
      all undiscovered
      before me.
      Isaac Newton

      ============

      Imagination is more
      important than
      knowledge.
      Albert Einstein
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2004
        Rudolf Steiner had said:

        "One would almost blush before one's own scientific knowledge if one
        were to admit that the Mystery of Golgotha contains a spiritual
        mystery in the midst of earth-existence, namely, the Death and
        Resurrection of the God. "

        Bradford comments;

        I don't know about you, but I was born with the ability to feel
        shame so acutely that I have always blushed. Why would I blush
        before the profound insights that Steiner has brought to the Mystery
        of Golgotha? As a scientist, Steiner has researched this magnificent
        event, further and deeper than anyone has yet publicly declared.
        Steiner put his reputation and his heart into it. It was his highest
        love.

        I sometimes blush because it is clear that my moral nature is
        nothing to be proud of. I looked into my soul and realized, it
        wasn't 'they or them' who crucified Christ, it was me and mine. The
        idea that we nailed a god to the cross and coudln't recognize him is
        one of the wonders of the Spirit of Spring and one of the wonders of
        the whole blush of spring dawning in the I of mankind is
        underestimation.

        In the core of this one person, hidden from view, The Father turned
        his blood into something beyond anything that has ever been
        experienced in a mortal frame. We get red faces, externally, when we
        have stood next to a fire, a heat lamp, a tanning booth. We get
        externally mutated when Light so rudely beats on us externally, but
        it is different when our hearts bring about something, and I don't
        mean the pump of our hearts, but our inner moral forces bring about
        a surfacing of our blood, like the rise of Moby Dick.

        Which reminds one exactly where the blood could go and how different
        the blood is when it goes to different places.

        Paleness is when the blood contracts into the heart. Blushing is
        when the blood surfaces radically. In shame it is a chameleon like
        attempt to hide under the surface of the skin tone. There is a moral
        weather in the soul that is very sensitive.

        To some, like the statement that finally deflated McCarthyism, "The
        new media of television captured McCarthy's final moments, where in
        dazzling black and white he showed the world what an anal-retentive
        idiot he really was.

        At the end, during hearings when he took on the US Army, the Army's
        well respected attorney Joseph Welch asked him "Have you no shame?",
        and said that McCarthy was a lout deserving no further attention,
        again on the shimmering eye of television. The tide of public
        opinion turned against him, after seeing him in all his revolting,
        alcoholic glory. He died shortly after that, like a poisonous
        mushroom spreading his spores and then shrivelling into nothing."

        Bradford continues;

        When Steiner looked into the stunning science and Initiation choices
        that a God had made and the horrific death, a death which was
        promoted by the wise and Just of all stripes, including Saul, the
        shameful riddle of how potent it all was, could only make a human
        being blush.

        To those with unruly Pride, when we see the Science of a God walking
        freely around, after he was miserably put to death, we are looking
        in on an intimate mystery. A dead man walking. A living mystery
        performed in the intimate vessel of one human frame. A super-
        contained multi level fission, but with no destructive spill into
        the environment. The only clue we have that such a super-mega-core
        event is happening is how that blood is thrust to the surface of the
        skin and Jesus the Man has beads of blood on his brow, his armpits
        and he is having the mighty Father Forces meet him in his I.

        To this blush we have more than a mere embarrassing moment. WE have
        before us the blush of the Father of all the Gods, that infuse Life
        on every level of Spring, that infuse Earth with such a stunning
        flush of color, awakening in the core of the I AM of Jesus with the
        magnitude of a contained Sun Rise. Jesus experiences the mighty
        Spring of Life out of the core of the I AM, that the Father has
        reservered for us as Life Spirit.

        Yes, we have every reason to Blush when we try to bring science to
        bear on something so stunning as the Christ event. It is another
        matter that souls can no longer feel shame, feel how far the cold of
        the intellect has distanced them from the true moral weather of the
        heart. How close we move to the flame and how far we are from the
        flame allows us to measure if those with human moral compassion and
        an inner depth of science can comprehend the mystery that Steiner
        brought forward with "From Jesus to Christ" or the stages of
        quickening, the real quickening, that enhances stage by stage the
        powers of Life in Jesus.. as "The John Gospel in Relation to the
        other Gospels".

        Here we look into such a potent inner dynamic transfiguration of one
        lone human I AM, in all the wild world, just this one, containing in
        his person the birth of a new solar system from where He stood..a
        blushing bridegroom in the face of the full Godhead of the Father.

        http://wn.elib.com/Steiner/Lectures/19230523p01.html

        "We look at this springtime festival aright when we say: The Christ
        has strengthened man's immortality through His own victory over
        death; but we human beings understand the immortality of Christ
        Jesus in the right way only when we acquire this understanding
        during our life on earth, i.e. if we awaken to life within our souls
        our connection with the Mystery of Golgotha, and are able to free
        ourselves from the materialistic conception which takes away from
        the Mystery of Golgotha all its spiritual nature. To-day
        the "Christ" is hardly taken into consideration, but
        only "Jesus", "the simple man of Nazareth." One would almost blush