Edward George Bulwer-Lytton

  • 888
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 1999
      Dear Friends,
      Bringing up "vril" on the science list caused me
      to have a browse through some of the sites on the great Rosicrucian
      author Bulwer Lytton.

      I was surprised how much Bulwer Lytton had influenced Dickens, even to
      the point of suggesting a new ending for "Great Expectations".

      " Percy Fitzgerald recalled his first visit to 'Grand Old Knebworth'
      and his meeting with Bulwer-Lytton in this very room; he was introduced
      by Charles Dickens who took him upstairs to 'a sort of repaired chamber,
      where we saw an Eastern potentate sitting on luxurious cushions, with
      dreamy eyes and reposeful manner, smoking a chibouk'."

      Bulwer-Lytton's Study:

      http://www.camelot-group.com/heritage/house/khstudy.html

      A list of links
      http://lang.nagoya-u.ac.jp/~matsuoka/Bulwer-Lytton.html

      -Bruce

      "A good heart is better than all the heads in the world."-Edward
      Bulwer-Lytton