The Gaze of Michael

    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 2, 2004
      Bradford comments;

      Gestures in the hands, the face, the feet, the body, as psychological
      gestures as in Michael Chekhov "To the Actor" were defined and
      assembled out of the Word and Logos Studies of Aristotle. Aristotle
      penetrated into language to describe at least Six gestures. Poetic
      diction: modes of utterance (command, prayer, statement, threat,
      question, answer, etc). In Steiner's "SPeech and Drama" course,
      command, sympathy, antipathy, question, thoughtful, withdrawing,
      uncertain..were all added to and then some.

      One has to appreciate spiritual work and time spent. We hardly know
      what that means. Aristotle penetrated with astute Goethe
      observation,that out Goethe'd Goethe. Aristotle penetrated everywhere
      with refined observations. All his research was lost and tossed,
      hidden for a 100years after his death or more and found by Arabs. All
      of us focus and make efforts and in those efforts are objective
      foundations of our spiritual development. We imagine and education
      imagines a Tabla Rosa an empty slate..not so.

      Our only worry is that by severing Heavens capacity in the
      incarnation science of humanity, I mean by embracing the cloning
      sciences, we begin to select and freeze mere earth bound capacity and
      we lose the Spiritual capacities we have earned from our
      incarnations? I hope you understand the seriousness of these two
      ideas. Selective Earth bound judgement of shaping capacities on the
      basis of Ahrimanic Science or Fighting for the Open system of heaven
      and the incarnation potentials still worked with out of Michael
      Sciences. This is a very serious issue.

      When Steiner discovered Goethe's efforts, Goethe as a dynamo, a Man
      for all Seasons.. this was a remembering of the entire rocket fuel
      that Aristotle/Steiner had once used to penetrate reality. But just
      to look at where STeiner starts, placing Goethe there as a model, yet
      behind his interest in Goethe, was Steiner's ancient Interests in
      everything overall as the once and former Entelechy of Aristotle.

      You see, not only did Aristotle penetrate everywhere, for 20 years a
      teacher in the Platonic Academy, but all aspects of life interested
      Aristotle with exacting detail. Now to refine the observations and
      growth of soul between Aristotle and Steiner we would have to look
      into each gesture, color and tone of each Eurythmy figure. For
      something emanates from the human spirit in Words, in hands, in face,
      feet, and in the Eyes that bear forces of the logos and secrets we
      should desire to know. But to study and isolate the Gaze of the Eye
      contains a logical, soul imbued Science as well.

      Here are some of the secrets that teachers can tell you about how the
      Eye supports, encourages, warns, becomes soaked with tears, raises
      and reveals joy, approval.. All of these many things pass through
      with potent force the eyes of a Teacher or a parent. Children learn
      also by the subtle forces of language and intonation that express
      themselves even in the Ray and Beam of the Eye. For there is a Gaze
      and the Gaze of Michael and the School of humanity can be studied
      from the Glance of the human Eye and also from experiencing the Gaze
      of Michael.

      Check out the whole essay for Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov is another of
      one of the stronger voices of the Michael School as well.

      http://intuition2vishnu.homestead.com/PowerofGlance.html

      "There will come a day when human beings will look at each other just
      as God looks at them. They will have no more evil thoughts for each
      other and every man will give free expression to his love by means of
      his eyes and his smile. A glance is the language of God. God and the
      Angels speak with their glances. No one in Heaven has time to stop
      and talk to you; the Angels move through space at dizzying speeds
      greater than the speed of light, but as they pass they send you a
      glance which, if you are conscious of it, you will remember for
      eternity, and which will heal, illuminate and save you. There is
      nothing in the world to compare with such a glance. This is the true
      language of Heaven.

      Astrologers will tell you that the kind of glance people have depends
      on the ruling planet in their chart. If it is the Moon, for instance,
      they will have a vague, dreamy look that shows that they are 'in the
      moon'. If their ruling planet is Mercury, their eyes pry into
      everything . . . sometimes even into your pockets! Those who are
      ruled by Venus have a languorous look and will try to attract you
      with 'the glad eye'! Mars will stare at you defiantly as though to
      say, 'Be careful, I'm quite willing to wrestle with you'! Jupiter
      folds you in a protective glance which means, 'Rely on me, I can help
      you; I know a lot of important people. I'll talk to them about you.'
      Saturn's gaze is full of suspicion; he looks at you distrustfully
      because he is always thinks you are going to do something to injure
      him. The gaze of the Sun, on the other hand, is frank and open and
      full of light.

      How should we look at people? Not, at any rate, like Saturn, who
      looks at you suspiciously. You will say that you have to distrust
      everybody, otherwise you will be cheated and robbed. True, but if you
      are perpetually distrustful of others, you will create the same frame
      of mind in them and life will be unbearable."
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 3, 2004
        There is a simple way to understand what Spiritual Science teaches
        regarding the etheric and a more extensive and complex way. Now here,
        I offer, from a fully active Spirit- as Steiner and the Initiates are
        always fully active Spirits - a simple way to decode what is
        understood as Etheric quality of perception.

        The Garden of Souls and Spirits

        By Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov

        From The Seeds of Happiness

        Human beings can be compared to flowers or fruit or even vegetables.
        Every time you meet some, every time you talk to them and listen to
        them, you can enjoy their fragrance or taste their flavour. But is
        this what you actually do? No, you rarely pay attention to anything
        but their clothes or their jewellery, their faces, their legs or
        their hands; you never think of nourishing yourself on the life which
        is hidden under all that and which emanates from their heart, soul
        and spirit. And this is a great pity! Henceforth try to be more
        attentive and learn to appreciate the human beings who are bearers of
        the subtle life. Pause when you meet someone and say to your
        self, 'he represents an aspect of the H Father; she represents the
        Divine Mother. Thank you Heavenly Father! Thank you, Divine Mother!
        Thanks to these human "fruits and flowers" I can come closer to you
        and contemplate you today. Through their splendour I can breath your
        perfume and taste your sweetness.' And you will go on your way happy
        because this fruit or this flower will have brought you closer to
        Heaven.

        I know of course that some of you will be astonished that I should
        compare human beings to fruit and flowers or vegetables. But what is
        so astonishing about that? Poets are always comparing beautiful young
        girls or bys to roses, violets, lilies, jasmine or lotuses! And one
        of the favourite endearments of the French is, 'my little cabbage',
        while someone who allows himself to be put upon is called a 'pear',
        and someone who is stupid is called a 'gherkin'! Well, enough of this
        market-garden vocabulary! The important thing is to understand that
        this is an extremely effective method: if you learn to you it not
        only will you avoid many mishaps and complications but you will
        always be full of joy and inspiration.

        How do men and woman usually look at each other? What do they see?
        They see only the external appearance, the body or the clothes, and
        this proves that they do not posses true knowledge. It is exactly as
        though, looking at a car, you had eyes only for the bodywork and
        ignored the person behind the wheel, that is to say the being that
        thinks, feels and acts. But it is precisely this being that you must
        learn to look for, that you must learn to see and feel in people.
        Always try to go further and deeper so as to discover the soul and
        spirit of those you meet, for it is there that you will discover
        riches and treasures, heaven itself.

        It is simply a question of ridding yourself of your habit of looking
        at things in a way that distorts and impoverishes life. All human
        beings have a body that goes without saying but that doesn't mean
        that you have to look at nothing but their stomachs or their
        intestines. What good will that do you? Of course you will tell me
        that you are not interested in people's intestines, that what you
        look for in others is beauty and that you find that beauty in their
        eyes, their faces, hands and legs, ect. Well there is nothing very
        wrong with that, but if you stop there and never go any further you
        will be laying yourself open to disappointments for you are confining
        yourself to details that are strictly material. If you want to feel
        continually happy and inspired try to rejoice in the presence of all
        the flowers and fruit that surround you and enjoy their emanations,
        remembering that an invisible divinity is hidden in each one. Over
        and above a person's physical body are all those things that emanate
        from him on the subtle planes, and it is they that matter most.

        As long as human beings continue to consider only each other's
        physical appearance they will never find the joy they seek. Someone
        who says, 'I need beauty and love', should know that he will find
        them only when he learns to seek others in the fluidic world of
        emanations, radiations and vibrations. When you meet somebody
        wonderful and begin to love him and want to get to know him, instead
        of doing all you can to get close to him on the purely physical
        plane, learn to listen to the vibrations of his voice, to capture the
        light of his glance, to rejoice in the harmony of his gestures. In
        this way you will gradually build up a relationship with all that is
        most subtle and divine in him, and the sensations you experience will
        be beyond anything you have ever known or imagined. In the same way
        you will also discover that people whom you may have been inclined to
        despise or ignore are in reality exceptional beings who can give you
        far more than many others who seem outwardly to be more interesting
        or attractive.

        There is a whole new field of study for you here. Go ahead, do some
        experiments and analyse yourselves. Now that you know these truths
        don't just ignore them and go on in the old way, repeating all the
        same unhappy experiences. For I assure you, unless you change your
        point of view, your experiences will continue to be unhappy: don't
        delude yourself about this. It is no good believing in the
        impossible. You plunge into all kinds of adventures that can only end
        in grief and disenchantment and you think, 'It was just bad luck; we
        could have been happy. 'No, never! Happiness and unhappiness are
        never a question of chance or luck. They depend on you. It is you
        yourselves who sow the seeds that will give you one or the other."
      • anthropop1
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 3, 2004