Re: [anthroposophy] Iranian Earthquake thoughts/Stealing Beauty

  • golden3000997@cs.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2004
      Dear Bradford,

      I know exactly how you are feeling and it is why I would never knowingly view
      that video. The same thing happened to me when I watched "The White Rose". At
      the end of the movie, it shows Sophie facing the guillotine. Shortly
      afterward, it shows the actual photographs of the martyrs and when they died. I said
      before that it was at least 45 minutes before I could leave the theater and at
      least 5 people patted me on the shoulder on their way out, I was such a mess.

      We need to remember, too that Steiner talked about the ancient Aztec
      mysteries where a human being was sacrified and his beating heart held up in front of
      the masses. I also think of the not so distance pratice of public hangings,
      the public guillotine executions during the French Revolution and the rise of
      prurient interest in making state executions available for viewing to the
      public. All of these things have a devastatingly corrupt effect on the souls of the
      viewers. There are two issues - the direct karmic effects of the murder and
      the poisonous effect of allowing such a thing to be witnessed. The daily news is
      really, a carrier of this poison. Even "in the movies" - as I have already
      alluded to in a previous post - there is a terribly corrupting effect of the
      countless murders watched and the effect of more and more gruesome
      representations that it takes to keep the audiences titillated. I liked the first couple of
      Indiana Jones movies, but I remember that when I rented, I think it was "the
      temple of doom" - I had to turn it off. There was a scene in a supposedly
      Egyptian temple where the priest reached into the chest of a living victim just
      with his hand and pulled out his beating heart. Do you realize how many CHILDREN
      have watched this movie? And no one thinks anything is wrong with it!!!

      I think that it is important to know about these things and probably to read
      about them, but I don't think that anyone striving to even keep on being a
      sensitive person, much less a "clairvoyant" sort of person, should actually watch
      these things. Watching them allows the full effect to take place, no matter
      what the subsequent thoughts are. It's like why children should not watch fairy
      tales in movies, but only hear them. That way, their souls have the
      opportunity to filter out anything that they are not developmentally ready for and
      prevent it from doing harm. I think the only kind of person who can really watch
      these kinds of atrocities are exorcists. Only people esoterically trained to
      wield the tools of psychic combat can have any chance. And even so, I have heard
      that such people are usually torn down in time. Their work is a sacrifice
      that few people have any idea of.

      I had a bad experience about six months ago. I was surfing the net looking
      for pictures of kitty cats. I take very serendipitous routes. I found a sight
      with some nice stuff and clicked on a link that said something like
      "exploitation." I just wasn't thinking. I must have thought it would be cartoons or
      something. There were the most GOD-AWFUL pictures of laboratory experiments! I just
      freaked out! I had to run to my next door neighbor, screaming and sobbing. I
      really had trouble getting my breath. It took a LONG time to recover at all.
      Well, I later e-mailed the folks at that site. They are totally well meaning,
      totally vegan really crusading for the animals. Their intention was only the
      good. But I told them that people who are already knowledgable and sensitive to
      these things must have a much clearer warning about what they are about to see.
      I also think it should be off limits to under 18. Talk about OBSCENE!! If I
      had kids, I would rather they see sex for hours at a time than a minute of
      those pictures!! Why do we prohibit a movie if there is but frontal nudity yet let
      basically all ages into movies filled with the true obscenity of violence?

      I couldn't even watch any news program that started to talk about the
      cannibal. I won't even say his name in print. There was something attached to that
      that made me totally unable to even hear about it. I'm not even going to wonder
      why, because I can't think about it. It certainly was no wonder, though that
      he was killed in prison. I'm sure that even the most hardened criminals had no
      defenses against that kind of evil.

      The only thing that I would want to say, though, even though I know so well
      how you feel right now, is please try not to think in terms of "them" meaning
      other countries or political factions. Please remember that "we" meaning the US
      and its allies do the same things, although not always in the same way. I
      mean, we do do the same things, but we tend to be a little more subtle in our
      presentations.

      As I said before, referencing "Wag the Dog", perhaps some movies are a kind
      of "confessional" telling people how things really are under the guise of
      fiction. You can get away with anything if you call it fiction. Kind of like a
      murderer who confesses to the police in such a way that they can't possibly
      believe his story. He gets exonerated and off scot free. It happens more than you
      might think. Eyes Wide Shut is a good example, but I think they made the "black
      magic" scenes much too light. Too cliched and simplistic. The people seemed a
      little bit silly. I think that such things are real, but more awful than even
      Kubrick would dare to portray. Do you remember the Wicked Queen in Snow White?
      She demanded Snow White's heart and liver to eat. Something really awful
      lives in that story! do you remember the true ending? She is made to dance in
      red-hot iron shoes until she drops dead. My children (the very end of
      Kindergarten) audibly sighed the first time I got to that ending. They NEEDED such a fate
      for that witch!!! They really NEEDED it!! Red-hot iron - is that a Michael
      force, or WHAT?!

      In fact, it is coming to me as I write this that I should suggest to you,
      Bradford, to go right now and get out any good fairy tale book and read them, any
      of them, until you fall asleep tonight. Don't anguish your soul with more
      thinking directly about the horrors. Drink the healing potion that the Fairy
      Tales contain. You will be better for it, I know. I can feel your pain and I am
      crying, too.

      I'll hit the send button now, hoping that you are still online and get this
      message tonight.

      God Bless You!!
      Christine
    • Maurice McCarthy
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 24, 2004
        RP4 was posted on the kjf website this afternoon - I know because I get
        email copies the same day of all that goes up - and also the below written
        by a man who calls himself a physicalist. There was also a short piece on
        Nietzsche and Evolution.

        Maurice

        KARL JASPERS FORUM
        TA63 (Leslie / Rees)

        Commentary 29 (to C18, Wood and C23, Roberts)

        ( JASPERS AND RELIGION )
        by Philip Benjamin
        12 January 2004, posted 25 January 2004

        [Greg Nixon]
        Without getting "convoluted", why is it you seem to think
        evolutionism is as misguided as transcendentalism, or
        fundamentalism more pure than constructivism.

        [Philip Benjamin]
        For this Forum, the Fundamentals of the Bible may be phrased as
        follows:

        1. Communication, Information, Consciousness and Personhood are
        timeless, existing in Elohim (uni-plural) of Moses ( Genesis 1:1) or the
        triune He- I-You (PERSONS) of Isaiah 48:16: One El, Three Persons
        or Three Wills in synergy.

        2. This System of Personhoods is reflected in Man (Male/Female) as
        intuition (spirit), intelligence (mind) and sense (body), a replica of the
        uni-plural Elohim (Gen.1:27). Spirit and Mind are nonluminous, body
        is luminous, nothing is metaphysical.

        Note: Even a pseudo tri-unity of id, ego, superego has systematic
        explanatory powers.

        3. Personhood in its original state had intrinsic (unfettered) free will

        4. Creation is SEPARATE (holy) from but synergetic with the Creator,
        in complete harmony.

        Note: So far, only the First Law of Thermodynamics is operative

        5. Free exercise of creature's original will against the Creator's Will
        causes dissonance and loss of original synergy and introduces
        Transcendence between the two or a Fallen State for the creature.

        Note: Now, the Second Law of Thermodynamics sets in.

        6. The original Free Will of the creature is Lost, the will is now
        Bound, bound for TOTAL separation from the Creator. The capability
        of free exercise remains, but it is only the free exercise of a Bound
        Will. Total Separation means Total Depravity. Degeneration of the
        luminous Body is only an initial part of that Destruction. The
        nonluminous intelligence (mind) and intuition (spirit) continue to
        operate. But, Cessation of the luminous Temporal Life leaves the
        nonluminous dormant, awaiting Storage or Disposal.

        7. The Repair of this System Degeneracy is beyond even Cosmic
        proportions. The Second Transcendent Person Freely becomes the
        *express image* of Elohim in the Human Form as described in Moses,
        Psalms and the Prophets (e.g. Deuteronomy 18, Isaiah 53, psalm 22
        etc., etc). He undergoes the same Separation and Destruction man
        (male/female) goes through temporally. He Recovers and is able to
        Recover to the First Transcendent Person, WHOSOEVER (no
        exclusivity) FREELY (no compulsion) accepts His Recovery. The Third
        Transcendent Person brings to the Degenerate (Fallen) state the
        Consciousness of being Lost. Final Recovery is Restoration and Safe
        Storage to the Original State. On the other hand Final Loss is
        Separation and Timeless Disposal.

        This is Part 1, and the most important part, of Biblical Fundamentals.

        Now this looks to me as a parody of John Banyan in Post Modern
        script. I cannot imagine why any one wants to equate this with
        Pogroms, Inquisition, Witch Burnings, Slave Trades, Crusades, 9/11
        and bigotries of all kinds including the postmodern tolerance of
        everything but such noble Fundamentals.

        Philip Benjamin, Ph.D
        e-mail <medinuclear@...>