Re: [anthroposophy] Re: Where is everybody?

  • Jan
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2004
      Re: [anthroposophy] Re: Where is everybody? Dear Mark,
        Last night I awoke before dawn in the sparkling dark with your words singing about me, and pondered long upon them; thoughts of wounds and wandering and journeymen.
      "When I most wink, then do mine eyes best see"  And I have found it true that words which come with me from sleep are truly waking, wakening words, and must be listened to.
       From sleep, "where many paths and errands meet.." and we meet too, if briefly, in overlapping time zones.
         Where we are wounded, we are open.  Because we are wounded, we can be healed. The Heart-h is the everywhere ground of the world where fire of love is tended, where we are ground as precious stone is ground, to fineness - where we travel as daily working journeymen and so I say, with Manfred Kyber whom I know you love, "Blessings on your path"
       And thank you again for summer gift of Peacock Butterflies.
      Jan

      Thank you for your wonderful insights and writings, and thank you to
      the others who post here. I am one of the silent readers, wounded,
      and on a journey.
      mark

      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Jan <starbirdgarden@b...> wrote:

      > Where is everybody?
      >    Here we are! Without this ether-net many of us would not have
      met at all
      > in this life.  We are thinly spread, but that is no cause for
      concern.
      > Think potency! We are the homeopathic, bio dynamic dose!
      >

      > Follows a poem by Manfred Kyber.
      >
      > Sunrise
      >
      > You child of man, there comes an hour
      >      When all your lamps are dark,
      >      Your bright fires hold no spark
      > And withered droops its head each scented flower.
      >
      > When pleasing fancies flee your keeping,
      >      There are no ties to bind,
      >      No more tears can you find
      > To fill  those eyes weary with over-weeping.
      >
      > You child of man,  there comes an hour
      >      When all your lamps are dark,
      >      No laughter leaves its mark,
      > No life entices, no star shines. No power
      >
      > Left for the temple you would build
      >      Deep in Eternity.
      >      It sinks in infinity
      > Into the grave, its altar robbed, is stilled.
      >
      > You child of man, there comes an hour
      > When all your lamps are dark.
      >
      > This is the time.  Go, beggar, seek,
      >      In beggar's guise, in whole
      >      Loneliness of soul,
      > Go trace your path to mountain's highest peak.
      >
      > There fall upon your knees and fold
      >      Your hands; holy this ground,
      >      No name, no word resound.
      > Where no beginning and no end are told.
      >
      > Around you,  darkness, solitude.
      >      You are alone, alone;
      > Alone you are, alone...
      > Then watch and wait, obedient, subdued.
      >
      > You must watch and you must wait.
      >      One day your angel brings,
      >      With beat of mighty wings,
      > The key to the eternal Garden's gate.
      >
      > The sun aflame with fire - its own -
      >      One day, one day will shed
      > Light on the mountains' head.
      > He comes to you - you are no more alone.
      >
      > The Sun has risen. You may see,
      > Flooded with light - Christ Jesus - this is HE.
      >
      > Manfred Kyber (1918)
      >

      >      And one day, we also, face to face, around the great love-
      fired Hearth
      > of the World will sit at hearts-ease, having walked the plank of
      Earlyfire's
      > egoic I-ron sword; plunged strangely deep to fathom what we may,
      taken the
      > shipwrecked flotsam'd horizon path of God's own current, freely
      willed and
      > lucent star steered, returning through pearl'd gates of tears that
      also
      > spark rainbows when looked through sunwise. Bradford and Harvey
      will regale
      > us with saga and harvest tales of earths new hero-reaping, and
      Minstrel
      > Danny will bring us words that are really music. Juan will offer us
      stars,
      > Maurice risen, holy oil for altar-ing lamp, Christine the Gold of
      love,
      > Joksu Rings that have turned lemniscate and every single one, each
      precious
      > soul we have ever met in this risen sub etheric dredging, each one
      who has
      > read and pondered will stand and speak, or offer silence as balm
      for wounds
      > won journeying. Believe me, that time will come.
      > Love, Jan

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 2, 2004
        Bradford comments;

        Gestures in the hands, the face, the feet, the body, as psychological
        gestures as in Michael Chekhov "To the Actor" were defined and
        assembled out of the Word and Logos Studies of Aristotle. Aristotle
        penetrated into language to describe at least Six gestures. Poetic
        diction: modes of utterance (command, prayer, statement, threat,
        question, answer, etc). In Steiner's "SPeech and Drama" course,
        command, sympathy, antipathy, question, thoughtful, withdrawing,
        uncertain..were all added to and then some.

        One has to appreciate spiritual work and time spent. We hardly know
        what that means. Aristotle penetrated with astute Goethe
        observation,that out Goethe'd Goethe. Aristotle penetrated everywhere
        with refined observations. All his research was lost and tossed,
        hidden for a 100years after his death or more and found by Arabs. All
        of us focus and make efforts and in those efforts are objective
        foundations of our spiritual development. We imagine and education
        imagines a Tabla Rosa an empty slate..not so.

        Our only worry is that by severing Heavens capacity in the
        incarnation science of humanity, I mean by embracing the cloning
        sciences, we begin to select and freeze mere earth bound capacity and
        we lose the Spiritual capacities we have earned from our
        incarnations? I hope you understand the seriousness of these two
        ideas. Selective Earth bound judgement of shaping capacities on the
        basis of Ahrimanic Science or Fighting for the Open system of heaven
        and the incarnation potentials still worked with out of Michael
        Sciences. This is a very serious issue.

        When Steiner discovered Goethe's efforts, Goethe as a dynamo, a Man
        for all Seasons.. this was a remembering of the entire rocket fuel
        that Aristotle/Steiner had once used to penetrate reality. But just
        to look at where STeiner starts, placing Goethe there as a model, yet
        behind his interest in Goethe, was Steiner's ancient Interests in
        everything overall as the once and former Entelechy of Aristotle.

        You see, not only did Aristotle penetrate everywhere, for 20 years a
        teacher in the Platonic Academy, but all aspects of life interested
        Aristotle with exacting detail. Now to refine the observations and
        growth of soul between Aristotle and Steiner we would have to look
        into each gesture, color and tone of each Eurythmy figure. For
        something emanates from the human spirit in Words, in hands, in face,
        feet, and in the Eyes that bear forces of the logos and secrets we
        should desire to know. But to study and isolate the Gaze of the Eye
        contains a logical, soul imbued Science as well.

        Here are some of the secrets that teachers can tell you about how the
        Eye supports, encourages, warns, becomes soaked with tears, raises
        and reveals joy, approval.. All of these many things pass through
        with potent force the eyes of a Teacher or a parent. Children learn
        also by the subtle forces of language and intonation that express
        themselves even in the Ray and Beam of the Eye. For there is a Gaze
        and the Gaze of Michael and the School of humanity can be studied
        from the Glance of the human Eye and also from experiencing the Gaze
        of Michael.

        Check out the whole essay for Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov is another of
        one of the stronger voices of the Michael School as well.

        http://intuition2vishnu.homestead.com/PowerofGlance.html

        "There will come a day when human beings will look at each other just
        as God looks at them. They will have no more evil thoughts for each
        other and every man will give free expression to his love by means of
        his eyes and his smile. A glance is the language of God. God and the
        Angels speak with their glances. No one in Heaven has time to stop
        and talk to you; the Angels move through space at dizzying speeds
        greater than the speed of light, but as they pass they send you a
        glance which, if you are conscious of it, you will remember for
        eternity, and which will heal, illuminate and save you. There is
        nothing in the world to compare with such a glance. This is the true
        language of Heaven.

        Astrologers will tell you that the kind of glance people have depends
        on the ruling planet in their chart. If it is the Moon, for instance,
        they will have a vague, dreamy look that shows that they are 'in the
        moon'. If their ruling planet is Mercury, their eyes pry into
        everything . . . sometimes even into your pockets! Those who are
        ruled by Venus have a languorous look and will try to attract you
        with 'the glad eye'! Mars will stare at you defiantly as though to
        say, 'Be careful, I'm quite willing to wrestle with you'! Jupiter
        folds you in a protective glance which means, 'Rely on me, I can help
        you; I know a lot of important people. I'll talk to them about you.'
        Saturn's gaze is full of suspicion; he looks at you distrustfully
        because he is always thinks you are going to do something to injure
        him. The gaze of the Sun, on the other hand, is frank and open and
        full of light.

        How should we look at people? Not, at any rate, like Saturn, who
        looks at you suspiciously. You will say that you have to distrust
        everybody, otherwise you will be cheated and robbed. True, but if you
        are perpetually distrustful of others, you will create the same frame
        of mind in them and life will be unbearable."
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 3, 2004
          There is a simple way to understand what Spiritual Science teaches
          regarding the etheric and a more extensive and complex way. Now here,
          I offer, from a fully active Spirit- as Steiner and the Initiates are
          always fully active Spirits - a simple way to decode what is
          understood as Etheric quality of perception.

          The Garden of Souls and Spirits

          By Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov

          From The Seeds of Happiness

          Human beings can be compared to flowers or fruit or even vegetables.
          Every time you meet some, every time you talk to them and listen to
          them, you can enjoy their fragrance or taste their flavour. But is
          this what you actually do? No, you rarely pay attention to anything
          but their clothes or their jewellery, their faces, their legs or
          their hands; you never think of nourishing yourself on the life which
          is hidden under all that and which emanates from their heart, soul
          and spirit. And this is a great pity! Henceforth try to be more
          attentive and learn to appreciate the human beings who are bearers of
          the subtle life. Pause when you meet someone and say to your
          self, 'he represents an aspect of the H Father; she represents the
          Divine Mother. Thank you Heavenly Father! Thank you, Divine Mother!
          Thanks to these human "fruits and flowers" I can come closer to you
          and contemplate you today. Through their splendour I can breath your
          perfume and taste your sweetness.' And you will go on your way happy
          because this fruit or this flower will have brought you closer to
          Heaven.

          I know of course that some of you will be astonished that I should
          compare human beings to fruit and flowers or vegetables. But what is
          so astonishing about that? Poets are always comparing beautiful young
          girls or bys to roses, violets, lilies, jasmine or lotuses! And one
          of the favourite endearments of the French is, 'my little cabbage',
          while someone who allows himself to be put upon is called a 'pear',
          and someone who is stupid is called a 'gherkin'! Well, enough of this
          market-garden vocabulary! The important thing is to understand that
          this is an extremely effective method: if you learn to you it not
          only will you avoid many mishaps and complications but you will
          always be full of joy and inspiration.

          How do men and woman usually look at each other? What do they see?
          They see only the external appearance, the body or the clothes, and
          this proves that they do not posses true knowledge. It is exactly as
          though, looking at a car, you had eyes only for the bodywork and
          ignored the person behind the wheel, that is to say the being that
          thinks, feels and acts. But it is precisely this being that you must
          learn to look for, that you must learn to see and feel in people.
          Always try to go further and deeper so as to discover the soul and
          spirit of those you meet, for it is there that you will discover
          riches and treasures, heaven itself.

          It is simply a question of ridding yourself of your habit of looking
          at things in a way that distorts and impoverishes life. All human
          beings have a body that goes without saying but that doesn't mean
          that you have to look at nothing but their stomachs or their
          intestines. What good will that do you? Of course you will tell me
          that you are not interested in people's intestines, that what you
          look for in others is beauty and that you find that beauty in their
          eyes, their faces, hands and legs, ect. Well there is nothing very
          wrong with that, but if you stop there and never go any further you
          will be laying yourself open to disappointments for you are confining
          yourself to details that are strictly material. If you want to feel
          continually happy and inspired try to rejoice in the presence of all
          the flowers and fruit that surround you and enjoy their emanations,
          remembering that an invisible divinity is hidden in each one. Over
          and above a person's physical body are all those things that emanate
          from him on the subtle planes, and it is they that matter most.

          As long as human beings continue to consider only each other's
          physical appearance they will never find the joy they seek. Someone
          who says, 'I need beauty and love', should know that he will find
          them only when he learns to seek others in the fluidic world of
          emanations, radiations and vibrations. When you meet somebody
          wonderful and begin to love him and want to get to know him, instead
          of doing all you can to get close to him on the purely physical
          plane, learn to listen to the vibrations of his voice, to capture the
          light of his glance, to rejoice in the harmony of his gestures. In
          this way you will gradually build up a relationship with all that is
          most subtle and divine in him, and the sensations you experience will
          be beyond anything you have ever known or imagined. In the same way
          you will also discover that people whom you may have been inclined to
          despise or ignore are in reality exceptional beings who can give you
          far more than many others who seem outwardly to be more interesting
          or attractive.

          There is a whole new field of study for you here. Go ahead, do some
          experiments and analyse yourselves. Now that you know these truths
          don't just ignore them and go on in the old way, repeating all the
          same unhappy experiences. For I assure you, unless you change your
          point of view, your experiences will continue to be unhappy: don't
          delude yourself about this. It is no good believing in the
          impossible. You plunge into all kinds of adventures that can only end
          in grief and disenchantment and you think, 'It was just bad luck; we
          could have been happy. 'No, never! Happiness and unhappiness are
          never a question of chance or luck. They depend on you. It is you
          yourselves who sow the seeds that will give you one or the other."
        • anthropop1
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 3, 2004