Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] The Will of Sauron

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 28, 2003
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com,

      Harvey Bornfield <earlyfire@e...> wrote:

      > So now we have in wide-angle sweep, a gist of the epic in its tie
      to the
      > purposes of the entire descent down one snake on the Staff of
      Hermes, and
      > the struggle, armed with the Weight of the Crown of Thorns if need
      be, up
      > the other to Vulcan, to Formless Immaterial Paradise, where the
      Shekinah,
      > the Presence and Wife of God is once again, in the fullness of
      time,
      > dissolved in embrace to her Husband, the Essence of God, and all
      matter
      > turns pralaya-like to "Has-Been and Will-be", to "Once and future
      dream",

      Bradford hugs computer screen;

      Have I written about the Shakespeare look alike? No, my heart, Harvey
      must have a large White Celtic Rabbit named Harvey as his double. My
      friends, how lucky I am to read all that your hearts convey. For I
      stand in the same living light of gold that resonates with the pulse
      of the hidden Christ. But to have a gathering-a Rivendell- an Inkling
      community, expanded by the work of Living Spiritual Science and the
      dialogues between C.S. Lewis and Owen Barfield livingly enhanced
      by 'what would Shakespeare say of Spiritual Science and the Lord of
      the Rings we can count ourselves blessed.

      But we have more. We have instant conveyed Spirit substance that
      tones through the world. That is captured, cupped, like gold mist and
      morning dew from fresh Michael Rain and we drink. Oh, how I drink the
      remembering and the awakening we share. World wide and heart to heart
      hanging by Christic thread we become the Gods, of Answer and Call.

      Harvey, my dear brother and friend. I thank you from the bottom of my
      heart. Sing O Muse of Spiritual Science and the wonders of the world
      captured in a droplet from the tear of a God. Sing O Muse of the
      Brave New World uncharted where to we sail to refine ourselves, using
      the Alchemical Golden dew of the Devachan Christ in the mixing of
      matter and the fusions of our hearts.

      There are many nooks and crannies of that meal of bread, Golden, Jan,
      Harvey and friends have all so mightily stirred, as Danny was always
      want to say, Stirred the Ethers into the mood of Living love mingled
      with the Courage of true psychology.

      Thanks Bruce, Thanks!
    • Jan
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 29, 2003
        Re: [anthroposophy] Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] The Will of Sauron Bliss! Harvey – a real Christmas treat! Many thanks,
         Jan

        Dear Christine and others gathered round:

        I often have the feeling that the act of the transformation, the alchemical morph from what the intellectual soul beholds into that younger theater in which the consciousness soul is called up to participate, is one of the major mileposts of an emerging Manichean approach to dealing with evil. Through it, the "Problem of Evil" metamorphosizes into the "Challenge of Evil", and further, even into the Celebration of whatever suffering "presences itself within us" as we descend into our raw side, our shadowy double, into the Reptile Overlord Within, and approaching Mt. Doom, we tremble and seethe, surrounded in the tarnhelm of modesty, and so can sense the inevitability, better, the liberating invitation to toss the ring into the primal magma, to join power born out of compulsion into power manifested in altruism, power merged, graduated from the "sold separately" demon of the personal wand and the personal sceptor and the personal sword.

        And so we gradually, by grades, by rungs of perspectives ascending, gradual becomes gra'l and the grail imagination shifts from a matter of 'What' to a 'How', unfreeze-framing, unmoors, acquires motion, turns into process, into striving, and what dwells in sure and certain faith, also passes into the realm of acquiring vulnerability, latin for wound-ability to discovering sure and certain error and shortcoming, till in the long run, we reach the promontory overlooking the lava, most Vulcan-like, the highest of all the worlds, in which, at the end of this MahaMavantara, the earth and sun, already alchemically betrothed since the Golgotha event, and in Venus already merged, and dissolve back into the Un-separate All of Vulcan. Count yourself lucky if this feeling of abandonment be known to you. You, Raven, are on the road to Us.

        And in anticipation of fixing upon, of steeping into the paperless pages of this momentus chapter of Akasha, you, about to gain first-hand experience most uncanny, see the throwing of your own ring into the stream of Undifferentiated Divine Will, as the imagination, as an artistic foreshadowing of an esoteric event at the end of time. And the ambience of wonder which accompanies the surrender of the ring is composed of the same sphere music, the same ambrosia, the same beverage as fills the Grail, the same food for imagination as is implied when the Bard, at the epiphany of wisdom in his Tempest says: "Now my powers are o'erthrown, and what strength I have's my own, which is most frail............." And this lives, i.e., echoes, resounding in higher octaves of the same story where the Cloudcapped towers, the Gorgeous Palaces, the Solemn temples, the Earth, yea all it inherit shall pass away, and leave not a rack behind. Vulcan, when the Sun itself kneels humbled, and turns invisible...............The silence of Christmas do I hear? And though it be but for just a moment, such loud hush to bear for one so young as ourselves.

        And as an aside, when one looks at the stream of wisdom from which Tolkien draws his Thrive, one beholds Shakespeare and the Druids. Recalling that the mystery school on Atlantis from which such a robust, allegorical, contrapuntally complex cooperation of influences is perfected, one sees the operation, the tangible evidence of the Presence of the Jupiter Oracle, Who mentors the Celtic tradition, a tradition which Steiner, in his "Mission of Folk Souls" mentions when he speaks of an Archangel, a Folk Soul two stages above human station, who gives up his destiny of creating an empire north of the Danube anticipated to rise to sovereignty and world influence and to become an island in the river of civilization situated 'twixt Roman and Renaissance times. But this he willingly sacrifice in order to become the guiding Archai of Esoteric Christianity, guarding the integrity of the Grail Path as process rather than done deal dogma of the Roman Catholic Church, the Author of Chauvinism and of the Inquisition and Conquistadores and Pograms (policed by a centuries-old priesthood of benevolent fossilized power-brokers living black-robed and slave-collared, - what more has to be said -, in some gated-community gesture of turfed-off respect apart from the peasant, as though the ability to de-imprison words upon a Latin Page and pharmaceutically translate them in well-measured dosages into formulas of the spoken, equates to the courageous Michaelic-iron-wrought deeds, and to them exclusively franchised were swollen with delusions of entitlement, exclusive perks).

        So now we have in wide-angle sweep, a gist of the epic in its tie to the purposes of the entire descent down one snake on the Staff of Hermes, and the struggle, armed with the Weight of the Crown of Thorns if need be, up the other to Vulcan, to Formless Immaterial Paradise, where the Shekinah, the Presence and Wife of God is once again, in the fullness of time, dissolved in embrace to her Husband, the Essence of God, and all matter turns pralaya-like to "Has-Been and Will-be", to "Once and future dream", now we can rotate the turret on the Akashic microscope to more narrow focus, to examine the relationship between Frodo, his race the Hobbits, and Gollum, a fallen Smiegal, and of the Fenris Wolf, Sauron who since before the beginning of cycles of time invents Power as an influence, a "sold-separately compulsion" which could be made to operate advarsarially, making it available to men to pursue such sub-altruistic palette of motives perilous to and potentially totally apart from all Christ-Intent. Sauron as a word is composed of the intent of Dino-saur, Lizard, a material echo of the Dragon which Michael, wielding Excalibur long before the relatively recent birth of material iron itself must achieve victory over, then offer to men.

        Now in the intellectual soul, victory, one hunches out, will do. But times have changed, and in the age of the Consciousness soul, it is dialogue 'twixt Michael and the Dragon, through which what used to be regarded as "All's fair in love and war", undergoes alchemical marriage most sublime, and Love makes War fair by harmonizing opposites, enabling co-existence to replace murder, and so Love instructs, muses, mentors the would-be Grail Knight in achieving a coordination, when raw war itself, turf-slaved would have only subordination of the other as a goal. And in this way an initiate is born, and their intent and deeds, turning unmute to the ears of the Holy Hierarchies, are voiced out into the cosmos to thrill and bless, and there are received as food at the table prepared in the presence of my limitations spoke of in David's psalm. For the Hebrew word 'Enemies' is identical to the word "Limitations", and responsibility for interpretation is a sine-qua-non for approaching this language. Turns unmute, and intent finds its way to inspired deeds, and broadcasts the hopefully not-too-well-kept secret: All thinking is out loud.

        Twisting to a narrower turret now, And to one of the most intriguing twists of the Frodo-Gollum relationship. Our intuition is that Frodo and Bilbo are entitled to migrate off to the West, the Alchemical place of reflection, the allegorical reward of those who, as Socrates often warns, have indeed examined their lives, and acquired the ability to intercept the rude impulses of Ahriman and the seductive unhinging enchantments of Lucifer. (whose dominion was forced to coagulate into matter in order to provide ground to offer resistance to conquer what nascent humanity still cannot harmonize by centering as some the Angels on the Floorless Sea of Old Moon before us did indeed do) For they had defined through their acts the path of coming to achieve through trial and error of experience, striving and suffering, what the Elves, who perfected their evolution in earlier cycles like Angels before, and who waited around to share the accomplishment of a courage matured through Oceanic Wisdom, their own gift to fledgling humanity, Mariner's wisdom the preincarnation of Robust, Grounded stride-enhanced Love, Love being, earlyfire suspects but gloved, earth-sturdy wisdom, most ingeniously scaffolded in bedrock of atoms, and in  fluorish of all volatile romance.

        Smiegal, a creature of pleasure, in whom little center of gravity was present to provide a sanctuary to distance himself, to step out of react-mode and acquire the ability to behold and analyze incoming influences, was consumed by appetite. And that is appetite, with all its compulsion, but Power operating outside the protective custody of the Presence of the Christ. Power Christ Authors, bestowing in the form of Michaelic Iron, if a term might be given to annoint it, to visualize it, to suggest it in parlance of familiar vocabulary would, it justly and fairly seems be entitled to the Holy and Sublime quality we associated with "Awe". (So give us an example, Rabbi Shakespeare. ((Earlyfire, cited by the traffic cop archangels for being overheard smirking while kneeling)). 'Interesting you should ask. Have a ninth day of Hanukah :-)))) Play the 10 measure or so passage of chorus number 9 in Mozart's Grand Mass in C-Minor, in which Amadeus presents a wholly musical gesture of eurhythmy, that of kneeling, as he tone paints the Name Jesus Christ, one which like a breath of camphor, he insisted, stills every electron and dissolves the very ground out from under your feet and takes off your shoes at no extra charge, as was done for Moses before. (For musicians, it is achieved through the use of a double-plagal cadence, followed by a tonal progression to the secondary dominant, thereby implying and embracing, if not traversing four tonal centers in but one economic harmonic progression!)

        So Smiegal, like an Eagle, loses his wings, becomes a writhing, almost blind daylight-phobic scorpion viewable lurking under blacklight, ever crouching, defrocked of the honor of an upright stance, cowering cavelike under rock and branch, hiding out from majesty of the pour of the sun's golden daylight breath , and for him, love too is diminished, though present, made but miniature, coagulated to but a fetish, the most compulsive, torqued, craving form of attachment. And so methinks, Smiegal is an ancestor, a victim of too early a descent to earth, a missing link, or a dweller of an earlier root race if one entertain such notions, a neanderthal hobbit. Yet Frodo, not just an ordinary Hobbit, is fertilized with the germ of the Tooks, and belongs to the future of the Hobbits, and bears with him the blood of Bilbo, through his reluctant and extraordinary adventures, is startled, sparked into the progressive stream which Gandalf the Socreror inspires like a magnet upon iron filings, and so seems, so I dream, if a bit too lucidly to solicit applause by frail mute reason, Frodo is one evolutionary step upgraded, a Hobbit whose thirst extends beyond the domain of a pipe and a beer and a roast, and desires to add to these the enchanting perils of a chapter of celestial horticulture, a Hobbit who requires sky as well as earth. And continuing on in our tracelike semblance of photosynthesis, thus attracted, soon is going to discover that the climb up the second snake winds like the swerve of the trail up Mount Doom. But not to give away the story. To be able to say "Soon", is the protection of patience which canopies our restlessness in abiding trust, and mentors the development of attention span. Patience, among men, an unsuspected sire of Majesty, which be the spiritually crowned fruit of patience, Majesty, the way to put in your request to become a King, a once and future Arthur. But we get ahead of ourselves! Royal Frankincense and Myrrh do We smell?

        It is in the distance from immediacy, a partially matured Christ-presence within Frodo, that it is possible for Frodo to do the unlikely: to honor, to hold within himself the suffering of Smiegal, and to it weld and wed as a cross to bear in order to lift humanity, siren-unhinged, then ferociously appetite-seduced humanity. Gold, Oil, Hummers, Grinding Axes of Evil, And east of the Caucauses, Jihads, and west, Crusades and all such other well-credentialled most-favored damned spots and opinions as cramp fair spacious Majesty, out out!

        And so Frodo by refusing to kill Smiegal, but rather holding him in heart-space, however compulsively duplicitous Gollum, the Fallen Smiegal might be, achieves something subtle, easy to escape our attention, what in Christic initiation is known as the Washing of the Feet. For the way up to Mt. Doom, from one ring to rule them all to 'to each a ring every-wherewith to bless them all' is also, - tread lightly here- the way to the Place of the Skulls.

        Helpers of both good and evil in higher orders of evolutionary ascent or de-volutionary abasement reorchestrate the story, like parallel acupuncture nodes. The elves stay materialized in order to be able to interact, to be touched by men. Rivendell is the allegory of old moon. Strumming Waterfalls off piercing Cliffs and the wood fern Lace of lightly grounded balconies that live startled in perfect Feng Shui beside them, both live in the journey gesture of graceful swerve of water, of the Jupiter Oracle, of Majestic twists of Celtic knots most unGourdian. And so it seems, so we dream, perhaps too vividly, sourced from the recurring strophe, the ripple effect of but a single strand, made to but seem multiple, as though All knowledge were a single point which the ignorant have multiplied, as though the Tower of Babel were a prism, and through its imagination's looking glass most angular, on the other, the earlier, the deathless side of the River Lethe, Goethe's rainbowed sold-separately sufferings of light dissolve with grace into virgin embrace of unpossessable transparency, like feeling uncolored by the charm-burn of Achamod before the Rape of Sophia. All this one can see, don't forget, "can rejoice to see" clearly now. For it is apparent that Christ is not the Lord of Holding-Patterns and of Pall-bearers, and of the Anaesthesia known as Nostalgia, but rather the Lord of Exodus. Is this Excalibur I see before me?

        So the elves have transmuted all manner of Luciferic spike and spree most unhinging, into Wisdom, as payment of dues, forging from the wounds of man a pearl of great price wherewith to offer the dawn of the coming of age of the stabilization of the I-Am. This was wrought on Old Moon. And they remain here on Middle Earth as Tolkien knows them, enduring the uneasy meanwhile of the third age, till the harvest time when men have no need of guardian angels is assured, and then to men can engage two way conversation, enjoying them more freely tutored in the role of friends, before they move on downstream of Rivendell to the mouths of the sea on their journey West. But Bilbo and Frodo, methinks they are changelings, the first hobbits who have smashed the cocoon of complacency, left their pantrys, abandoned their square footage, and traded location, location, location! for Quest, and thus wed, as soon we all shall surely be to the Progressive Stream, these pioneers are welcomed on board by virtue of their achievements of the submerging of power, and its transmutation, its Christification into Awe, and in grateful and wondrous acknowledgment the role they have played out in having, however accidental to outward seeming, to outward dreaming but in veneer of accident luck-garbed, dissolved the earth-gold held captive of Ahriman's free-agent raw power, and de-imprisoned it to rejoin it to the flow of winged etheric gold of the sun. And of addicts and sages, and of the blood which has been shed for the remission of sins, and of the growing numbers of those shortly about to discover that it is choice which whispers: "The Ring Bearer is always alone", Earlyfire suspects there is much more to say. And to each a mirror to conjure, to profile and bear, and by morning gleam, and in evening swell  his tale to tell to eavesdropping citizens of ringing, buoyant celestial haunts nearer than you suspect. For this much is sure - All thinking is out loud!

        All love and Best Holiday Season wishes,

        Harvey

        (Director's Cut / P.S.  : )
        It seems that Sam, Frodo and Gollum make an interesting triangle of respectively, Will, Choice and Desire, Ground (humility hum=earth) , Middle-Earth-Man (heart halfway chakrically between head and hands) and Sky (a corrupted astral influence)  and that Frodo has to acquire and perfect art of being the balancing act between these two. And that it is the sacrifice of the corrupted Astral, the compulsive fixation for personal power and dominion, into the refiner's fire, into the Aqua Regia of the Christ Flow from which it was in a very real sense diverted, stolen or hijacked by Sauron, which renders the Astral once again Heart-worthy Dialogue-worthy as a welcome, blessing-authoring conscious participant once again in the life of the Macrocosm. It was Steiner who once mentions that with Lucifer Christ shares wisdom, with Ahriman, loans Power, yet reserves Love, the Gift of Centering, only for those who seek out Him............

        At 04:27 PM 12/28/2003, you wrote:
        Hello Golden Christine,
           Or do we not stand between the elves and the orcs, between Lucifer and Ahriman, and walking Christward, bring both to balance?
        Frodo was in credit, had deposits, savings of compassion in the True World Bank, which enabled Gollum to live and so play a crucial but ultimately essential part. I do not believe that we are called to fight evil, but rather to transform it, which is more difficult.  I do not believe that the Ring is destroyed in the fire, but will be alchemically metamorphosed in the crucible of Humanity that burns softly with love.  Because it deals with truths, the story is also paradox.  The supreme effort of each lonely individual is essential, but nothing can be achieved without brotherhood.  Hence, where two or three are gathered...... Therein, of course, lies our hope!
        Jan

        Good Morning Mike and Everybody,

        I'm sure that there are people among us here who are getting a little tired
        of the Lord of the Rings analogies, but to them, I ask forbearance and
        patience. I feel that these movies are a gift to the world, even in light of my own
        love for the books. In fact, I am reading the books again after many years, and
        it is like I never read them before. True, it has been at least 20 years since
        I last read them all through. The films have re-kindled the story within me
        and I believe in many other people. And many people are using the Lord of the
        Rings as an analogy for our time, sometimes trivially, but mostly with great
        depth and seriousness. Some try to "adapt" the story a little too much, perhaps,
        but the simple fact that it is pre-Christian is helpful, because even with
        Gandalf's "Resurrection" theme, a direct link cannot be made with Christ.
        Gandalf is still very human and he is not the Ring Bearer, the ultimate Savior, just
        a powerful servant of the forces of Good, which are many and varied.

        I have also been thinking very much the past few days about Frodo at Mount
        Doom. He actually failed, didn't he? If it were not for Sam's love and strength
        of will and Gollum's total passion, Frodo would have failed like Ilsidur (sp).
        He knows this and it turns all praise and honor for him to ashes. That is why
        he must leave with the Elves. He will need their Healing for the rest of his
        life, maybe for all eternity. There is a terrible sadness in his eyes and
        heart that makes the ending of the movie so hard to bear.

        What I take from this is that we ALL have the possibility and maybe even the
        probablility of failing. The wiser of the humans and elves in the story know
        that they have already failed, at first contact, that they could not possibly
        bear the Ring without immediately succumbing to its power. Each one is tested
        and even though they "pass the test" by not accepting or taking the Ring, at a
        higher level, it is because they know they do not possess the forces to bear
        it. They all fail at that level. Frodo walks a terrible tightrope the whole
        time. He has enough courage and strength to resist up to a point, but it is
        really Sam the whole time who bears the Ring Bearer. Without him, Frodo would have
        had no hope. Sam felt unworthy to bear the ring, but you know that he would
        have pushed Frodo into the fire and gone in with him rather than let him fail.
        This is to me, more that the Deed of Frodo, is the "better love hath no man
        than he shall lay down his life for another." You know that Sam is ready to do
        this at any point necessary from the first moment. Only Frodo really knows how
        much Sam deserves the honors and gratitude of all more than himself. But he
        also knows that the nature of the Servant of the Ring Bearer has no use for such
        accolades. It is a deep, deep mystery that one can only meditate on, not ever
        to fully comprehend with the mind.

        There is an amazing little book by Taylor Caldwell called "Dialogues with the
        Devil" which is a series of letters between Michael and Lucifer. It has many
        astonishing things in it, but the greatest revelation to me was the fact that
        "Hell" is perfect and in "Heaven" everyone can fail! It really is astonishing.
        We who have been raised in a "normal" church have usually been taught to
        believe that God and Heaven are "Perfect" and that we, if we get there, will be
        perfect, too, or even worse, that we need to be "Perfected" to get there at all
        whether through our own religious observance, or through grace in Christ's
        redemption. But in this book, Hell is "Perfect" and both Men and Angels always
        walk the tightrope of Frodo, we always can fail in either world. And it is this
        eternal possiblity of failure that makes our triumph, however great or small,
        worthwhile. For if we could not fail, we could not succeed or grow. I really
        recommend this book to everyone. The closest thing I have ever seen to it is
        Mark Twain's "Letters from the Earth." CS Lewis' "Perelandra" trilogy is
        similar, too, but not as direct.

        There are Orcs among us, but also Elves (I hope) and Wizards. I think of
        Steiner (of course) as a Gandalf and I am wondering if it is the Anthroposophists
        who are, or should be or could be the Elves. Anyone who can take up the
        knowledge of Anthroposophy into his or herself inherits the wisdom of the Elves to
        some extent, the hidden and almost lost and forgotten knowledge of the Past -
        the lost worlds of Middle Earth. From us is required the ability to turn this
        knowledge into Healing for the world and for Mankind. Perhaps there will be
        those who are Warriors of the New Age. Perhaps they won't be Anthroposophists per
        se, like so many writers that we have been forwarding to each other who are
        not "within our movement" but who share the thirst and hunger for the truth and
        for righteousness (careful use and meaning of this word intended). There are
        Sarumans, too. Those who preach either a "Christian" or "New Age" philosophy
        which uses the concepts of freedom and righteousness, but by which many are
        fooled into spiritual slavery.

        My heart tells me it is better to be Sam than Frodo. To be a Servant of the
        Ring Bearer. It is just as perilous outwardly, but more peaceful inwardly. But
        that is just the part of me who so much fears failure speaking. But my heart
        is divided and probably will be forever, for I also fear the Hell in which we
        cannot fail. I always have. Ultimately, each will have to find his or her place
        in the Fellowship and the destiny for which we are born. How deeply we should
        be grateful for each other, because no one can do this alone. No one.

        Much love,
        Christine

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Yahoo! Groups Links
        "Music is the one incorporeal entrance into the higher world of knowledge which comprehends mankind, but mankind cannot comprehend."
        Ludwig van Beethoven

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • joksu57
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 29, 2003
          Dear Friends!

          Harvey took up so many important and interesting themes! So I can
          only give some random comments compared to such a wealth of insights.

          Harvey spoke about transformation and the "emerging Manichean
          approach to dealing with evil". Christ Jesus already teached
          about "loving our enemies" and "not resisting evil". This was the
          road taken by Christ Jesus Himself, and it ended in the Great
          Transformation in the Mystery of Golgotha; transformation which
          included the whole Earth and also "building" of the eternal
          resurrection body.

          I think that nowadays this new attitude conserning the "evil" (i.e.
          not resisting, but redeeming, winning and transforming evil) is
          possible to a larger amount of seekers. After the second (ethereal)
          coming of Christ, Christ emerging as the Lord of Karma and the mighty
          work of Dr. Steiner and many others, the possibities are much greater
          now to work with the "Manichean approach".

          The relationship between Frodo and Gollum has inspired me since I
          first time read the mighty novel of Tolkien. Frodo spares the life of
          Gollum and he also feels sorry for the poor creature, even though Sam
          is suspicious and ready to kill Gollum. In Mt. Doom Frodo can't throw
          away the cursed Ring. But because of the loving act of Frodo, karmic
          circumstances are able to help him and with the help of Gollum the
          great deed is accomplished.

          We can also take a look at an earlier "Ring-story", Wagner's Ring-
          cycle. The only person capable (and willing) to use the power of the
          Ring, is "Swartz-Alben" Alberich, who has renounced love (and by
          doing so Alberich was able to forge the Ring out of
          the "Rheingold"). The only sensible solution to the "problem of the
          Ring" was to give it back to the waters of Rhein (from where it was
          stolen). This happened in the end of the fourth opera of the Ring-
          cycle, "Twilight of the Gods", when Brünnhilde rides to the funeral
          pyre with the Ring. In the same time, the abode of the "old Gods" and
          heaven for the warriors, Valhalla, is burning.

          But in Wagner's last opera, Parsifal, we can find the "Rheingold"
          again and now it is transformed to the chalice of Grail. After
          the "Ring-episode" it is possible to become "Grailbearers" or Knights
          of the Grail. And now there is also the question about "love" (of
          course not renouncing it, as Alberich did, but just the opposite).

          Thankfully
          Joksu

          <earlyfire@e...> wrote:
> [...]
          many are
          > >fooled into spiritual slavery.
          > >
          > >My heart tells me it is better to be Sam than Frodo. To be a
          Servant of the
          > >Ring Bearer. It is just as perilous outwardly, but more peaceful
          inwardly.
          > >But
          > >that is just the part of me who so much fears failure speaking.
          But my heart
          > >is divided and probably will be forever, for I also fear the Hell
          in which we
          > >cannot fail. I always have. Ultimately, each will have to find his
          or her
          > >place
          > >in the Fellowship and the destiny for which we are born. How
          deeply we should
          > >be grateful for each other, because no one can do this alone. No

          subject=Unsubscribe>
          Service

          group/anthroposophy
          > >Unsubscribe:

          group/anthroposophy/

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 29, 2003
            President Bush Reports Visitation by Four Ghosts
            THE AFFILIATED PRESS
            Reported by Adam Young
            by Adam Young

            WASHINGTON – The Affiliated Press has learned that President Bush has
            revealed to several close intimates that he believes four ghosts
            visited him early this past Christmas morning.

            The visitation reportedly occurred at several points throughout the
            early morning before dawn, with the president claiming that each of
            the four brought him a message relating to his role in the world and
            the future course of humanity.

            The president, confiding to several aides, this reporter has learned,
            described the first presence, which Mr. Bush could not name or
            recognize, as a crowned figure holding a bow and riding a white
            horse. The president reportedly asked him who he was, and the
            presence replied, "Do you not recognize me? I am your partner lo'
            these many years, my son. I come out conquering and to conquer."

            The president told his advisors that this figure said to him: "I come
            bearing a revelation, my son. Don't change, you are doing well. But
            tonight you will be visited by my three allies, who visit you this
            day to strengthen your resolve in this time of love and mercy towards
            your fellow man.

            "Hey, if they're anything like my coalition of the willing, you're in
            trouble, y'know what I'm sayin' or what?" Mr. Bush reports he said.

            "George... remember... mercy and love are for the weak. And you have
            done so well, my boy, by not demonstrating a hint of compassion for
            the weak and the innocent that you have so wonderfully killed without
            remorse. We come to tell you: Don't stop now."

            The president is reported to have repeated this conversation to his
            confidantes in hushed, reverent tones.

            Mr. Bush asked the figure if he had seen his works in Iraq and
            Afghanistan.

            "We were there the whole time," said the presence. "No rest, no
            peace. I suffer under the incessant torture of constant warfare
            against the false god worshipped by man."

            "'You can travel fast?" the president is reported to have asked.

            "On the wings of the wind," replied the being, 'like your mighty
            armed forces."

            Mr. Bush reportedly repeatedly returned to his claim that this being
            referred to him as "his son" which Mr. Bush took as further evidence
            of his divine origins. "I'm thinking that guy coulda' been God, since
            George W. is clearly the Fist of Heaven." Whether the president
            really believed it was evidence of his own or whether it referred to
            the unnamed being's divine origins is not clear at this time.

            "He showed me a multitude of people and said I had liberated them
            from their wretchedness and ended their miserable lives. And I
            thought, yup, that's George W., the liberator. Too bad I didn't think
            of getting a head count. I coulda used that info for my memoirs.
            Setting all those people free. That's me. Now because of me they can
            get on buildin' new lives in a new Iraq. Its good to be a good man, I
            say."

            The second being, who Mr. Bush this time told his aides he believed
            was the Ghost of Christmas Past, arrived at 1:00 AM and was described
            as brandishing a large sword and sitting upon a bright red horse.
            This unnamed manifestation reportedly transported the president to
            the locations of Mr. Bush's military triumphs in Baghdad and
            Tikrit. "Hot dog," the president reportedly exclaimed when told where
            they were going. The entity reportedly reminisced with Mr. Bush about
            his past wars for what appeared to the president as quite a long
            time, as the being enjoyed delving into the wars in great detail.
            Reportedly, it wanted detailed descriptions of the fighting and
            slaughtering, but Mr. Bush told it that he really didn't know, as he
            wasn't really present for all the "dirty business" as the president
            called the actual fighting. This second ghost conducted Mr. Bush back
            to his bedroom in time for the arrival of the third apparition.

            This third phantom who arrived at 2:00 AM, and which Mr. Bush
            believes was the Ghost of Christmas Present, he described as holding
            a pair of scales and riding a black horse. Remembering the old
            Dickens classic, the president informed his aides that he expected a
            prosperous abundance of food and goods; "turkeys, geese, poultry,
            great joints of meat, suckling-pigs, long wreaths of sausages, mince-
            pies, plum-puddings, barrels of oysters, red-hot chestnuts, cherry-
            cheeked apples, juicy oranges, luscious pears, immense cakes and
            seething bowls of punch, holly, mistletoe, red berries, ivy, pies,
            puddings, and fruit." But none of it was there. Instead his vision
            was all barren and gray. The president described the sky as gloomy,
            and the streets were choked up with a dingy sooty mist and filled
            with dead and dying bodies, half thawed, half frozen. A thick dust
            blew in from the empty fields. And Federal Reserve Notes blew in the
            streets like discarded newspaper and dried, dead leaves.

            "You have never seen the like of me before!" exclaimed the Spirit.

            "Your sure we've never met? Cause, y'know, my memory's not so good up
            until about the time I turned forty." Bush says he replied.

            Sources say Mr. Bush said to the ghost, "Say, you look kinda thin.
            Y'all should come down to Crawford for some of that Texas eatin'.
            You're always welcome at the Little White House. I'm with the
            government, so I get first pickin's with anything I want, y'know. Su
            Casa Es Mi Casa, hombre. Or is that Mi Casa Es Su Casa? I forget. Ah
            well."

            The spirit transported Mr. Bush to what the president believed was an
            obscure, remote room or office that contained a mountain of papers
            and documents.

            "This is the black hole that is your budget" the spirit said, "You
            are consuming and destroying the capital of your country at a
            prodigious pace that we have not seen since the last of the
            pharaoh's. May you continue until ruin. Fill the prisons. Tax and
            spend. Expand the welfare and warfare state. Inflate. You are doing
            our work."

            "Thanks!" Mr. Bush says he exclaimed. "But why is everything so
            bleak? I'm bringing prosperity, peace and freedom to Americans."

            But the spirit gave no answer, Mr. Bush reported as he returned to
            await the fourth apparition.

            The fourth being arrived at 3:00 AM. Mr. Bush described him as riding
            a pale green horse and believes he was the Ghost of Christmas Yet to
            Come. Mr. Bush claims he remarked to the specter "Say, you look kinda
            pale. There's lotsa sun down in Texas." But the specter just gestured
            towards the horizon. "What's wrong? Say, for a ghost you don't talk
            much, do you?"

            Mr. Bush retold how the ghost revealed visions of the future wars of
            the War on Terror and the paradise humanity will enter when the wars
            are completed. "He showed fields and fields of dead bodies – men,
            women and children – as far as the eye can see. So you know what I
            learned? We're gonna have victory," the president told his
            staff, "but only if I win reelection. I got the feeling these spirits
            know that I am indispensable to the war and the future of the Earth,
            but the last one didn't say so in so many words. Actually, he didn't
            really say anything."

            "And now come to think of it, he had a lot of pale, skinny people
            behind him, crowd seemed to stretch on forever. Those guys didn't
            look too good, either. Sorta pale and skinny lookin'. Boy, those poor
            buggers looked like hell I tell ya. They coulda used some of that
            Texas barbecue. Maybe I'll invite 'em down to Crawford when I see 'em
            again."

            Sources report that his staff was somewhat concerned at the content
            of Mr. Bush's revelations and advised him to not repeat them in
            public, especially the part about being of divine origin.

            The president reportedly replied that "they mentioned Christmas a
            lot, so I guess they're good Christians, like me.... Or maybe I
            mentioned Christmas, I forget. Maybe they all coulda' been from out
            west 'cuz they all rode horses. Or now I'm thinkin' maybe they were
            the three wise men from the Bible. And now they come to me. Whatever,
            I know that I'm doing the work of the Lord. God sent those guys, for
            sure. The Lord doesn't misunderestimate George W. Actually, now I
            remember something. The first visitor told me that a Great Serpent is
            coming, that the prayers of my supporters are helping speed its way.
            That the End of the World is nearing."

            "I said to him 'no sir, not with George W. in this office. Me and the
            boys are ending evil to stop the Lebanese and the Grecians from
            ending the world with new-cue-lar weapons. Ol' George W. is fightin'
            the good fight against evil.' Then he said he was pleased that Osama
            and I both had gotten the talking points down so well. I wondered
            what he meant by that, but then I kinda interrupted him by asking if
            this serpent had a name. A serpent's like a snake, right? And those
            boa constrictors are snakes, I think, so I was thinking I would give
            it a nickname, y'know like I give everybody. So I said, I can't
            really think of a nickname for you Master, but I was thinking I'd
            call the Great Serpent Julius Squeezer. Then I interrupted him again
            by asking if his horse had a name. Y'know, if I had a horse, I'd name
            him Kegger! Y'know... for old times sake. Y'know what I mean? I guess
            I shouldn't have cut him off. That mighta been important. Oh well.
            Condie can figure it out. Y'think he mighta meant I was ending world
            terrorism, 'cause that sounds right to me, right?"
          • Harvey Bornfield
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 29, 2003
              Thanks for the Wine of Astonishment, everyone!

              Just a couple of friendly aftershocks to yesterdays sojourn, composed in large measure, you should only know of lucky surfing. One doesn't get to own creativity, just to serve it. That's how you send your barge out upon the Summer Sea and arrive not at the Isle of St. Glastonbury of the Monks, but rather the Holy Isle of Avalon. So Galadriel says to me, my princess charming, princess disarming.........

              Now a few more molecules to share:

              That when love operates in heart-thinking, a new power of moral discretion is seated and nurtured, one which enables one to work in the sphere, in the hearth of Love what Steiner suggests the purpose of meditation be, which is "To achieve a thinking free from objects of thought". Perhaps it foreshadows the task of the emerging sixth epoch to echo this in gemut's rose-colored, E-flat major's warmth-depth, and so there arises this imagination:

              "The purpose of adoration is to embrace and manifest a Love which is liberated from objects of love."

              Earlyfire walks away now, leaving the Waldorf dolls faceless as tabula rasa, perchance upon their blank pages you might wish to inscribe in swift and rising fire-words your own tale. For when the Christ descends, manifesting within, each of us who be His Every-Bethlehem, diverse ascatter in plumage of fresh latitudes and longitudes, one watches before his very eyes how all priesthood dissolves into dialogue, like tide and undertow, and by such systole/diastole by such gavottes and minuets, and by such leap of unsuspected grace abounding, whatever sedative attachments to the ballast and inertia of the mortal cradle, and all its famous labels which in times past made safe and welcome anchor, now from us be weaned.

              And, the drift goes on to say, thus strengthened by such power, by the emergence of talents which enable one to endure, don't forget the etheric, the attitude component, "to rejoice to endure" being dispossessed of shadowy attachments and credentials, suddenly what we once were compelled to hold, we now become privileged to behold. Methinks those are uncanny moments during which Knighthood be conferred, did I but know.

              And distances the drift:
              These are but experiments, perhaps lofty, but nonetheless, fledgling experiments of paradigm shift most angelic, the kind of self-styled pioneering one might suspect would interest prospective and  active members of the officially still-unbirthed or better, still-unacknowledged second and third classes of the School of Spiritual Science.

              The Rheingold, Power sheltered in the Rhine, submerged in the protective custody of Primeval, Innocent Waters, guarded by Pastel Rhinemaidens. But Michael, ever on patrol, and during deeds must learn to contemplate on the fly, is back busy at work on the interstate: His sirens and flashing lights flashing, he pulls over the Scaled Night Stranger with fire on his breath to the side of the road, checks the driver's license, and sees the Last Name "Ahriman". And to him pops two most interesting telltale questions: "What is your first name?", to which he receives a reply: "Pull over all of the other drivers!". And yet another: "What is the opposite of Innocence?" And the Reptile Overlord says "Lucifer, naive, fluorishing by his equation of thrive and boast and self-styled friend to men, who spends his life in search of drinking the tears of men, calls it Guilt", but those of us who have become shamelessly accomplished in ferocious efficiency and therefore have no interest toting around the stale baggage of an implied moral order simply call it "Agenda", or if in business, "Policy", or if in Government, "Law"

              Whereupon, the Archangel takes the Stranger to a lake, and waiting patiently, some even think majestically, while of these, a few I dare on a dark say suspect, an a half-clouded day surmise and on a fair Camelot day imagine even regally, waiting patiently, abidingly, unhurriedly, unencumbered by expectation, watches softly on as soon a virgin hand rises slow motion from the silver waters, and within a few short centuries, patient ones!, straightaway tosses him overhand an ancient sword, composed not of Rhinegold, but oddly enough of humble meteoric iron composed. He lays it down on the moonlit grass, cracks an Archangel smile which refutes all reputation of stren, taciturn gaze. Lays it down at the shore he does, most patiently, abidingly, unhurriedly, unencumbered by expectation till of a sudden it starts to glow then says: Walk this line, drunkard!

              (Backstage, hears whispered Earlyfire! You do the same)

              :-)))

              <earlyfire@e...> wrote:
> [...]
              inwardly.
              > >But
              > >that is just the part of me who so much fears failure speaking.
              But my heart
              > >is divided and probably will be forever, for I also fear the Hell
              in which we
              > >cannot fail. I always have. Ultimately, each will have to find his
              or her
              > >place
              > >in the Fellowship and the destiny for which we are born. How
              deeply we should
              > >be grateful for each other, because no one can do this alone. No
              one.

              > >Much love,
              > >Christine

              > >Unsubscribe:
              > >

              > >Yahoo! Groups Links
              > >    * To visit your group on the web, go to:
              > >    * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
              subject=Unsubscribe>
              > >    * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
              Service

              group/anthroposophy
              > >Unsubscribe:

              group/anthroposophy/