9106Re: smoking karma

  • snowplank
    Aug 11, 2003
      Thanks Lee.

      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Lee Peters <walkker9@y...> wrote:
      > snowplank <snowplank@y...> wrote:
      > Who was this teacher and what about comments about natural and
      synthesized drugs like MDA.
      > Paul,
      > The "teacher" was Max Heindel of the Rosicrucian Fellowship and
      acknowledged as a seer in the same tradition (Western Christian
      Esoteric) as Steiner. He is seen as an outsider by Anthroposophists I
      believe. I have found his basic works and spiritual insight right on
      the mark (though like others from this time period, there is a
      Victorian ring to the style and thinking).
      > Other drugs were not discussed directly but by implication with the
      effects of alcohol. Psychotropic drugs whether "natural" or
      synthesized drive the etheric and physical body apart and the soul
      being (who we are really) is caught in "an in between state" of
      consciousness that we cannot control or get out of. This condition
      creates a psychic space for elementals and other psychic influences
      can enter our bodies and soul bodies. This is not to promote fear but
      just a fact. We apparently don't always sense these intrusions because
      they are unconscious to us (but during the high, most can feel their
      influence and flowing in and out of the etheric and physical body). In
      addition, the damage and disruption of psychotropic drugs is well
      known as it impacts brain chemistry, lowers glucose levels and may
      damage neurons in the brain. Long term use is also patently clear-
      damage and personal devastation. But there is little research on the
      metaphysical side. Heindel, when observing bar scenes
      > clairvoyantly, would describes droves of elementals and deceased
      drunkards hovering and seeping up the fumes and psychic forces of the
      those in the bar. It was a disturbing sight. In this "loosened
      condition" between the physical and etheric (and astral body spreading
      out in a bliss state) the individual is not able to function properly
      between soul and body and can create a long term condition often seen
      with alcoholics even when they are not drunk. We can notice that when
      they walk, they reach out with their feet but are not coordinating the
      movement to the feet and ground. I am sure we have all seen this. The
      metaphysical reason seems to be: a semi permanent separation has
      occurred between the astral functions, the etheric body and the
      physical. The will to move is there but the connection and flow into
      the etheric pathways into the nervous systems to muscles is disrupted.
      This is turn can lead to serious long term organic problems with the
      liver, kidneys, etc. because the true
      > functions of the astral body are disabled and cannot interact
      properly with the organs in the body as they should. Medical science
      would point to organ diseases or neurological problems (which is the
      case) but the origins of these conditions is all related to psychic
      constitutional problems.