8828Re: Patrick Flanagan

  • snowplank
    Jul 3, 2003
      The review of Dr. Batmanghelidj's book is amazing. Thanks for that
      Bradford.

      I have been keeping an eye on the Clustered Water phenomenon for 2
      years now and I have to say that I am intensely sceptical of the
      companies who market and sell it. I admit that I could be 'throwing
      the baby out with the bath water' so to speak, as there could well be
      something in the clustered water theory, but I have a feeling about it
      that just won't go away. The following website lists one sceptic's
      inquiry...
      http://www.ntskeptics.org/2001/2001january/january2001.htm#cluster

      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "holderlin66" <holderlin66@h...>
      wrote:

> [...]
      reduce
      > the surface tension of purified water allowing greater conductivity
      > in body fluids. Therefore, not only is the water rendered more
      useful
      > to the body, but the negative hydride ions also act as a potent
      > antioxidant. Thus both essential needs of the body, proper cellular
      > hydration and free radical scavenging are accomplished by using
      this
      > one product.
      >
      > Research has also shown that water has "memory" and that the shape
      of
      > the water molecule has a great influence on how the water is
      > assimmilated in the body. When "healing waters" from around the
      world
      > are examined on a molecular scale their structure tends to form a
      > beautifully symetrica six pointed star. In the few locations where
      > these specific waters do exist naturally, the people are known to
      > lead long, vibrant lives without many of the health problems that
      are
      > prevalent in western society. See article on Clustered Water ™"
      >
      > Bradford comments;
      >
      > Chromotography was used by Pfeiffer to determine the cohesive
      > nutrional value of various supermarket and biodynamic foods. The
      > Formative forces, the etheric formative forces made a visible
      picture
      > of the nutritional cohesion of the tested foods. One could see the
      > formative forces, just as one can enter the Hydrogen and Iron
      forces
      > of the Sun and see the glacier and crystal snow flake formations
      with
      > Hexagon, foundational life force imagery. What surprises I had when
      > working with Dr. Scharf in Spring Valley and Erica the old woman
      who
      > took up Dr. Pfieffers work. Carrots tasted more than carrots,
      apples
      > more than apples.. tomatoes more than tomatoes one could experience
      > biodyamic tastes all the way down to ones toes.
      >
      > The facts are that Water, drinking lots and lots of water would
      take
      > out many of the ailments humanity suffers from. Fast Food,
      > Hydroginated Fats and all kinds of sugar laced soft drinks are the
      > kind of poison condition that the soul is embedded in which fights
      > against the human being even developing higher faculties of
      thinking.

      > Your Body's Many Cries for Water
      > by Feyedoon Batmanghelidj M.D.
      >
      > A Book Review by
      > TREVOR JAMES CONSTABLE
      >
      > "RARE indeed are those books destined to become all-time classics.
      > Even rarer are books destined to accomplish a paradigm shift in any
      > major area of modern knowledge. Of still greater rarity are books
      > destined to benefit significantly the health of countless millions
      of
      > human beings, at no cost to them. Such a landmark book is Your
      Body's
      > Many Cries for Water by Dr. F. Batmanghelidj. He is a
      London-educated
      > Iranian medical doctor who has made revolutionary discoveries about
      > the water metabolism of the human body. His astounding basic
      > breakthrough was made while he was confined to a Teheran prison,
      this
      > being a unique circumstance in itself.
      >
      > Dr. Batmanghelidj is of aristocratic lineage in his native Iran,
      and
      > when the Shah was overthrown, the doctor was arrested and jailed
      with
      > more than 3,000 other well-born victims of the Khomeini revolution.
      > While these unfortunates wore awaiting execution, Dr. Batmanghelidj
      > was assigned as their medical officer — pending his own
      appearance
      > before a firing squad. He had no medical resources other than
      water,
      > in an environment pervaded by stress and terror. Indeed, the doctor
      > found himself incarcerated in a gigantic stress laboratory.
      >
      > This became the milieu in which fundamental discoveries were made
      > regarding the medicinal and functional value of water. These are
      > discoveries that have eluded giant medical trusts, vast hospital
      > complexes, battalions of medical professors, universities that
      boast
      > about their sophisticated research facilities, and all the vaunted
      > resources of the pharmaceutical industry. None of them, or indeed,
      > all of them combined, were capable: of penetrating to the bedrock
      of
      > human health: adequate daily water intake.
      >
      > Without realizing it initially, Dr. Batmanghelidj was working with
      > clinical controls in place. Prison discipline enabled him to follow
      > up his patients, who had no possibility of evasion. Forced to use
      > water medicinally, and water alone, Dr. Batmanghelidj was
      astonished
      > in following up his patients, to find that water was effecting full
      > cures of diverse, normally ineradicable diseases. These cures
      > occurred in a complete fashion not seen in response to medication,
      > which "treats" or "controls" such recalcitrant and diverse diseases
      > as asthma, arthritis, high blood pressure and ulcers. Official
      > medicine has only palliatives for these conditions, not cures.
      >
      > If such diseases do not bother you personally, just ask anyone so
      > afflicted how frustrating it is to be perpetually treated but never
      > cured, by doctors who are manifestly flummoxed by such diseases.
      This
> [...]
      > The fallout from Dr. Batmanghelidj's exertions included a large
      > number of completely cured persons who had been chronically
      afflicted
      > with "incurable" diseases. Medical doctors were among these people.
      >
      > Slowly but surely, numerous intelligent medical doctors and
      > researchers who studied his work, overcame the same embarrassment
      > that had consumed Dr. Batmanghelidj, when he first began
      > comprehending the cardinal role of water in human health and
      > functioning. Like Dr. Batmanghelidj, these enlightened physicians
      > came to realize that medicine was confronting a fundamental
      paradigm
      > shift. Some of these board-certified physicians are quoted in the
      > book. More physicians are recognizing this central truth as the
      > months pass.
      >
      > Nothing so radical, in the root-meaning of that word, had ever
      > happened to medical knowledge in the history of the world. Chronic
      > dehydration was being identified as the fundamental matrix from
      which
      > most human diseases emerge. This book will leave you in no doubt
      that
      > America's deplorable and desperate health care crisis is born of
      > dehydration, midwifed by medical inability to deal effectively with
      > diseases whose etiology in dehydration is not understood. Almost
      > every disease arising out of dehydration is attacked with
      medication,
      > or combinations of medications. Sickness therefore proliferates,
      > while the sick cry out in many different ways for water — cries
      > which doctors are deaf.
      >
      > Countless ingrained cultural and social customs of modern America,
      > such as not drinking sufficient water, and guzzling phenomenal
      > quantities of diuretic soft drinks and diuretic coffee and tea,
      > reinforce chronic dehydration as the number one health menace in
      > America. Dr. Batmanghelidj emphasizes that drinking coffee, soft
      > drinks and juices does not counter dehydration or meet the body's
      > water needs. The only way out is by drinking water.
      >
      > Elusive and seemingly unrelated conditions like dyspeptic pain,
      > stress and depression, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure,
      > excess body weight, chronic fatigue, arthritis, asthma and
      allergies,
      > insulin-independent diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, back problems
      and
      > a host of lesser complaints that bedevil human beings, have all
      > yielded to the ingestion of adequate daily water. Dr. Batmanghelidj
      > identifies Alzheimer's as due to dehydration of the brain.
      >
      > Eight 8-ounce glasses daily is the recommended regimen advocated by
      > Dr. Batmanghelidj, to keep the human body fully hydrated. For each
      > cup of coffee or other caffeinated drink, an additional,
      compensating
      > eight-ounce glass of water is required.
      >
      > Perhaps the most welcome and convincing finding of Dr.
      Batmanghelidj
      > is the key role played by dehydration in creating back ailments in
      > human beings. The spinal discs consist of about eighty percent
      water.
      > When these discs atrophy through varying degrees of dehydration, an
      > afflicted human is off on one of the most miserable medical
      merry-go-
      > rounds known to man. The human spine has to support about 75
      percent
      > of body weight. Without fully-hydrated and resilient spinal discs,
      > the spine cannot perform its function properly. "Back problems"
      > ensue. Abnormal physical and nervous pressures develop and
      vertebrae
      > become misplaced as the spinal discs collapse. In the U.S.A., such
      > back problems are now on an epidemic scale, largely defy physicians
      > and surgeons, and endlessly persecute the afflicted.
      >
      > Dr. Batmanghelidj has found that rehydration restores the integrity
      > and resilience of the spinal discs. Simple exercises he has
      devised,
      > create a natural vacuum effect: that draws the needed water back
      into
      > the discs, whose proper bearing function is thereby eventually
      > normalized. Contrast this with the dead-end, mechanistic "back
      > surgery" that now consumes hundreds of millions of dollars in
      > surgeons' fees and hospital costs every year.
      >
      > Back pains are among the body's many cries for water, from which
      Dr.
      > Batmanghelidj's book has appropriately taken its title. The
      horrific
      > wheezing of an asthmatic, which is one of the most embarrassing and
      > distressing things anyone can witness, is similarly the body crying
      > for water. Dr. Batmanghelidj has demonstrated that asthma is due to
      > the body's natural histamines constricting the lungs to limit any
      > further loss of water via the breath. The person so afflicted is
      > desperately dehydrated. In the prison environment in Iran, adequate
      > water provided a cure for asthma — one of the astonishing
      clinical
      > results that first started Dr. Batmanghelidj thinking about the
      > medicinal power of water.
      >
      > Dr. Batmanghelidj views the way hypertension is classically treated
      > as "scientific absurdity". The dehydrated body is desperately
      trying
      > to hang on to its water volume. Uncomprehending physicians
      intervene
      > with diuretics and literally force more water out of an already
      > dehydrated body. The author gives lucid, comprehensible
      descriptions
      > of the exquisite hydraulic design and engineering of the human
      body,
      > and the diverse functions of the cells, capillaries and membranes
      as
      > they operate to compensate for dehydration. If the body's many
      cries
      > for water are ignored, as they are in contemporary America,
      > degenerative diseases are the inevitable consequence. A congress
      > scrabbling to deal financially with an avalanche of degenerative
      > disease, is verification enough that the time has come for a new
      > medical paradigm."
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic