8593Re: Wei-mar-the-truth ?

    Jun 5, 2003
      Bradford comments;

      Prescott Arizona and Phoenix is the final resting place of my adopted
      mother and currently my 83 year old adopted father. Joel apparently
      is moving from the Transcendental East out to the Far West. But like
      Joel I have richly explored the Transcendental individuals like
      Emerson, Thoreau and Longfellow. But to consider American
      spirituality in light of the Transcendental thinkers and the early
      struggles of the Founding Fathers, makes what Joel brought below, a
      larger window of thinking. This thinking challenges certain
      perceptions that our wonderful hero of the free market, Starman,
      places as a high ethical-self-regulating reality. Common Sense does
      not agree with this idea of Free Trade and Self regulation. First
      Joel and below what thinkers are reviewing as the history of the
      NeoCon's impulse wanders back into the the Founding Fathers. This is
      interesting and in a few sentences, Joel's ideas are enlarged upon
      with great depth. What do you think?

      Joel wrote;

      > The main problem with Traub's approach, however, is that it
      glosses
      > over the real facts of the damage to civil liberties done by the
      Bush
      > administration. The excuse used in many cases by those who support
      this
      > abuse of our freedoms, is that security demands it.
      >
      > This is not true, but rather is historically the common
      excuse given
      > when a sitting government begins to move in a neo-fascist direction,
      > wrapping itself in ever greater assumptions of power and rights at
      the
      > expense of the governed. The better and wiser thinkers among
      history's
      > statesmen (as against mere politicians) clearly understand this.

      Midnight Ride of the Rabble
      by Thom Hartmann

      To every Middlesex village and farm,
      A cry of defiance, and not of fear,
      A voice in the darkness, a knock at the door,
      And a word that shall echo for evermore!
      For, borne on the night-wind of the Past,
      Through all our history, to the last,
      In the hour of darkness and peril and need,
      The people will waken and listen to hear.
      -- From Paul Revere's Ride by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, 1863

      Emerson told us, in his lecture Angloam, that in America "the old
      contest of feudalism and democracy renews itself here on a new
      battlefield." Perhaps seeing our day through a crack between the
      skeins of time and space, Emerson concluded, "It is wonderful, with
      how much rancor and premeditation at this moment the fight is
      prepared."

      Feudalism?

      Let's be blunt. The real agenda of the new conservatives is nothing
      less than the destruction of democracy in the United States of
      America. And feudalism is one of their weapons."

      (snip)

      "the new conservatives see our democratic government as the enemy.
      And if they plan to destroy democracy, they must have something in
      mind to replace it with. (Yes, I know that "democracy"
      and "democratic" sound too much like "Democrat," and so the
      Republicans want us to say that we don't live in a democracy, but,
      rather, a republic, which sounds more like "Republican." It was one
      of Newt's efforts, along with replacing phrases like "Democratic
      Senator" with "Democrat Senator." But Republican political
      correctness can take a leap: we're talking here about the survival of
      democracy in our constitutional republic.)

      What conservatives are really arguing for is a return to the three
      historic forms of tyranny that the Founders and Framers identified,
      declared war against, and fought and died to keep out of our land.
      Those tyrants were kings, theocrats, and noble feudal lords.

      Kings would never again be allowed to govern America, the Founders
      said, so they stripped the president of the power to declare war. As
      Lincoln noted in an 1848 letter to William Herndon: "Kings had always
      been involving and impoverishing their people in wars, pretending
      generally, if not always, that the good of the people was the object.
      This, our [1787] Convention understood to be the most oppressive of
      all Kingly oppressions; and they resolved to so frame the
      Constitution that no one man should hold the power of bringing this
      oppression upon us."

      Theocrats would never again be allowed to govern America, as they had
      tried in the early Puritan communities. In 1784, when Patrick Henry
      proposed that the Virginia legislature use a sort of faith-based
      voucher system to pay for "Christian education," James Madison
      responded with ferocity, saying government support of church
      teachings "will be a dangerous abuse of power." He added, "The Rulers
      who are guilty of such an encroachment exceed the commission from
      which they derive their authority, and are Tyrants. The People who
      submit to it are governed by laws made neither by themselves nor by
      an authority derived from them, and are slaves."

      And America was not conceived of as a feudal state, feudalism being
      broadly defined as "rule by the super-rich." Rather, our nation was
      created in large part in reaction against centuries of European
      feudalism. As Ralph Waldo Emerson said in his lecture titled The
      Fortune of the Republic, delivered on December 1, 1863, "We began
      with freedom. America was opened after the feudal mischief was spent.
      No inquisitions here, no kings, no nobles, no dominant church."

      The great and revolutionary ideal of America is that a government can
      exist while drawing its authority, power, and ongoing legitimacy from
      a single source: "The consent of the governed." Conservatives,
      however, would change all that.

      In their brave new world, corporations are more suited to governance
      than are the unpredictable rabble called citizens. Corporations
      should control politics, control the commons, control health care,
      control our airwaves, control the "free" market, and even control our
      schools. Although corporations can't vote, these new conservatives
      claim they should have human rights, like privacy from government
      inspections of their political activity and the free speech right to
      lie to politicians and citizens in PR and advertising. Although
      corporations don't need to breathe fresh air or drink pure water,
      these new conservatives would hand over to them the power to self-
      regulate poisonous emissions into our air and water.

      While these new conservatives claim corporations should have the
      rights of persons, they don't mind if corporations use hostile
      financial force to take over other, smaller corporations in a bizarre
      form of corporate slavery called monopoly. Corporations can't die, so
      aren't subject to inheritance taxes or probate. They can't be put in
      prison, so even when they cause death they are only subject to fines.

      Corporations and their CEOs are America's new feudal lords, and the
      new conservatives are their obliging servants and mouthpieces. The
      conservative mantra is: "Less government!" But the dirty little
      secret of the new conservatives is that just as nature abhors a
      vacuum, so also do politics and power. Every time government of, by,
      and for We, the People is pushed out of administering some part of
      this nation's vast commons, corporations step in. And by swamping the
      United States of America in debt with so-called "tax cuts," they seek
      to force an increasingly desperate government to cede more and more
      of our commons to their corporate rule.

      Conservatives confuse efficiency and cost: They suggest that big
      corporations can perform public services at a lower total cost than
      government, while ignoring the corporate need to pad the bill with
      dividends to stockholders, rich CEO salaries, corporate jets and
      headquarters, advertising, millions in "campaign contributions," and
      cash set-asides for growth and expansion. They want to frame this as
      the solution of the "free market," and talk about entrepreneurs and
      small businesses filling up the holes left when government lets go of
      public property.

      But these are straw man arguments: What they are really advocating is
      corporate rule, and ultimately a feudal state controlled exclusively
      by the largest of the corporations. Smaller corporations, like
      individual humans and the governments they once hoped would protect
      them from powerful feudal forces, can watch but they can't play.

      The modern-day conservative movement began with Federalists Alexander
      Hamilton and John Adams, who argued that for a society to be stable
      it must have a governing elite, and this elite must be separate both
      in power and privilege from what Adams referred to as "the rabble."
      Their Federalist party imploded in the early 19th Century, in large
      part because of public revulsion over Federalist elitism, a symptom
      of which was Adams' signing the Alien and Sedition Acts. (If you've
      only read the Republican biographies of John Adams, you probably
      don't remember these laws, even though they were the biggest thing to
      have happened in Adams' entire four years in office, and the reason
      why the citizens of America voted him out of office, and voted
      Jefferson - who loudly and publicly opposed the Acts - in. They were
      a 1797 version of the Patriot Act and Patriot II, with startlingly
      similar language.)

      Destroyed by their embrace of this early form of despotism, the
      Federalists were replaced first in the early 1800s by the short-lived
      Whigs and then, starting with Lincoln, by the modern-day Republicans,
      who, after Lincoln's death, firmly staked out their ancestral
      Federalist position as the party of wealthy corporate and private
      interests. And now, under the disguise of the word "conservative"
      (classical conservatives like Teddy Roosevelt and Dwight Eisenhower
      are rolling in their graves), these old-time feudalists have nearly
      completed their takeover of our great nation."

      Bradford comments;

      There is an argument that arose along with "The Emancipation
      Proclamation" the 13th amendment was followed by the 14th amendment.
      Lincoln's blood made a trade off to the Ahrimanic forces that allow
      giant Corporations, the status of Individual I AM's. The 14 Amendment
      followed the 13th as Ahriman follows Michael. This is a vague little
      loop hole, but when looking at the giant potential of manipulation
      and Group Consciousness, corporations maintaining the rights of or
      looming larger than the rights of the I AM, throws Ahriman back into
      the mix in a big way. It creates a constant challenge to the ethics
      and integrity of the human I AM.

      Business is a wonderful thing, as Starman has said many times, it
      keeps the life blood of the economy flowing exactly like spiritual
      blood. It is clear to this researcher that vast groups of twelve or
      more board members create a core seed of potential moral Egregorial
      dimensions. It can at times mark a return or a Western upgrade to a
      form of Group Monster that control the opinions and directions of
      freedoms of those lowly I AM's. Those Lowly I AM's that make a
      corporation and the products and distribution are not really
      generously rewarded as are the Giant Captains of the Boardroom who
      walk away with millions in rewards for destroying the low wage earner
      at the base of the operation. In other words we have Feudal examples
      of of big business merely robber baroning the worker. This of course
      is not what we would call "Washing the Feet" of the poor. Here we
      truly weigh how deeply the Christ impulse penetrates into the
      conscious will instincts of humanity.

      Thoreau reveals that if moral individuals run a corporation it can be
      a wealth of moral vision and infectious free generosity. If criminals
      run a corporation, immoral actions infect the business community and
      the world. Martha Stewart is being singled out because America would
      rather focus on her than the actual thieves who are manipulating
      corporate contracts in Iraq and continue to rob the profits of a
      company for the constant law of wealth distribution that favors a
      small percentage of the wealthy. Nothing against wealth or
      corporations, if moral individuals are engaged in their operations.
      If the individual I Am is maintained in balance to the power and
      financial wealth of corporations and charity and human freedom to
      give back to society is balanced against CEO's maliciously destroying
      and gobbling firms for mere profit, a new depth of Consciousness Soul
      balance is achieved.

      But humanity is hardly prepared for the depth of penetration into the
      moral impusles of the will. The false regions of Sentient Soul
      penetration, Intellectual Soul aggressive shark fighting and
      Consciousness Soul, global Imperialism betrays the building a false
      moral paradigm. Not only that this phony moral interpretation is
      encouraged. It prefers to have its Christianity on a superficial,
      Sunday basis of the beloved Jesus who can't really come back and
      check up on their phony Sunday lip service.

      Finally the difference between Non-profit corporations and Profit
      driven corporations is a state of balance. Every moral insight and
      moral growth of the I AM can be easily countered by giant egregorial
      manipulations that dwarf the individual budget and force the
      individual to find his meal ticket under the umbrella of a
      Corporation because, slowly only the giants survive..

      Egregorial manipulation of Corporate monopolies can easily control
      the Opinions and level of intelligence of the masses. Promoting and
      supporting the aim of the Individual I Am's as they struggle to grow
      forces of their Sentient-Intellectual and Consciousness Soul
      developments is asking for honesty and integrity and something of a
      state of balance. The term 'filthy rich' could attain a different
      meaning and a state of balance on the abuse of world resources could
      arise. Instead we reamin in a Draconian-Darwinian struggle of Board
      level Egregores who do not maintain moral observation nor maintain
      economic honesty. The big fish promote the same superficial moral
      penetration so that deep issues of Consciousness will not easily, if
      ever, arise in the UnFree, slavery of the Free Market deception.

      Bradford
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic