8183Re: Islam last question

  • foncteur
    Apr 2, 2003
      there is no choice : we (mankind) will have both, global war and
      terrorism. In fact terrorism is already considered by the majority of
      muslims as an allowable strategy in global war.
      What is in front of us, in the next 10 or 20 years, is an horror
      which is beyond all human understanding.
      There is a book, a famous short novel by Joseph Conrad : "Heart of
      darkness", which could be fruitfully studied in the light of recent
      and upcoming events (the famous film of Coppola, "Apocalypse now",
      was inspired by this novel)...in fact there is a recent book in
      French, "Civilisation et barbarie" written by many french
      philosophers, and there is a short study of the book. This is the
      story of Kurtz, a westerner which goes to Africa at the end of 19th
      century, the colonial period, and there he meets his own barbary :
      cmodern civilisation is built upon and mixed with the most brutal
      inner savagery. BUT in the same time it brought aufklarung,
      Enlightenment. Paradox ? no, dialectical contradiction.
      The last words of Kurtz dying are "the horror, the horror..."
      What is this "horror" ? this is proper to the western modern
      man, "without god", but with computers and "reason as calculus" (see
      the book of Matin Kush at Kluwer about the controversy on "Logic :
      calculus or language ? ").
      We will have to face ourselves, we will have to face this horror.
      The (philosophical) fact that "gods have retired" (Heidegger) or
      that "gods died in a burst of laughing in front of the Unique God"
      (Nieteszche) means that we are alone. "Only a god can help us"
      (Heidegger at the end of his life), but no god will help us. Because
      even if a god appeared in front of him, the western modern man would
      kick him in the ass. And he would be right : we don't need another
      gods, we must remain absolutely alone in front of this "strange
      Only Reason could help, but not reason as a short term calculus :
      and once again, France bears a terrible responsability in all that
      mess. Because France accepted on her land the ayatollah Ruhollah
      Khomeiny as a refugiee, until 1978. Had she not done that, there
      would have been no islamic "revolution" in Iran, no war between Iran
      and Iraq in 1980, no gulf War in 1991, etc..etc.. this is the
      original sin, and this sin is french.
      Bon courage , we will need it ! (and without alcohol please)

      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Gabriel D. Pulgar"
      <gpulgar@y...> wrote:
      > Thank you for all your responses.
      > My name is Gabriel and although I did a biography on Mohammed
      > Foundation Year, I really am ignorant. I never knew this info some
      > have explained to me. I asked myself today a question and thought
      > try your patience one more time,please.
      > Is this war not a simple question: which is worse, this war or
      > terrorism? Like we need to choose the lesser of two evils.
      > I know simple is not good but sometimes I think it is good.
      > I can't tell you how grateful I am for your thoughts.
      > Gabriel
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic