      From: Mark D.
      Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 4:07 AM
      Subject: Re: [anthroposophy] It's a cinch !

      Having just read this, I have decided to unsubscribe from the group. The meaness of tone and general unpleasant nature of the exchanges that have dominated for the last two days have been a real disappoinment to me. I don't see anything positive to be gained by remaining. On one ocassion I succumbed to the negativity and responded to starman with sarcasm and I would like to apologize for not having taken the high road. I regreted it as soon as I sent it. As far as lightsearcher is concerned, I don't understand what could have compelled you to treat me so shabbily. I don't think you search for light at all. I think you are disrespectful and hateful.

      Mark Darling

      on 3/31/03 8:29 PM, lightsearcher1 at lightsearcher1@... wrote:

      In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com,
      "beethovenzappa" <oversoul@v...> wrote:

      > As regards Chomsky, I'm quite an
      > enthusiastic admirer of his...

      Uh-oh..not another one...

      > In browsing the archives a little before joining,
      > I saw a number of postings in praise of Hitchens
      > and opposed to Chomsky, which surprised me a little...

      It's understandable that grounded rationality,
      clarity, and sanity might upset one's
      normally-held and comfortable illusions.

      > I am very curious to know if there is anything like
      > a political consensus amongst group members on the
      > subject of the Left as represented by Chomsky,
      > Zinn and Nader.

      Yes, indeed...a near-consensus there surely is !

      And you cite a wonderful triumvirate of centrists:

      - (Moe) CHOMSKY
      - (Larry) ZINN
      - (Curly) NADER

      With your reference to these names, it's
      "a cinch" that this is just the place.

      So come on in and join the Party !

      Lightsearcher

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor   ADVERTISEMENT