7859Re: [anthroposophy] Anthro-language is now a Corpse, Friends

  • SRC
    Mar 10, 2003
      Dear ls1:

      We have differed strenuously in the past, but...is this the same
      lightsearcher? Whatever...I agree with you just as strongly this time
      around. While I will decline to gang up with you on any particular
      individual here on this list (without the living person before one in all
      their living contradictory complexity it is hard to discern the import of
      their language), I do agree that such refined vocabulary is all too often
      a substitute for the thinking which it should only reflect or mediate, or
      an obstructing short-cut to real communication and exchange between
      individuals. Your post is accurate and realistically Imaginative on many
      levels. I'm gonna save it.

      Anthroposophy has indeed become a ghost, knocking around by reflex in the
      dark corners of its self-ghettoized and imploding culture, but, as I
      remarked in another recent post, Anthroposophia is very alive and well and
      there are still a lot of dynamic forces associated with it/her. How to
      reassociate the two? Maybe the process is too far gone to bring back and
      she needs another vessel to inhabit for another go at it. Either way, it
      should be strictly a question of utility, divorced from loyalty to form,
      custom, personality, or habit.

      Anthroposophists would rapidly learn to <get real> if they spent more time
      talking and assocaiating with those who have never heard of it, yet who
      are on the front lines of diverse modern culture and who should be getting
      support from what is unique in anthroposophy.

      Getting angry at this state of affairs is a good start, and I hope you
      find some way to put your anger to work! Glad to see your reference to
      Snow White, that fable is a True Tale. If you can get to the place where
      you can kiss her, she will arise and the two of you can take it from
      there!

      Stephen

      --- lightsearcher1 <lightsearcher1@...> wrote:

      > Doesn't anybody know it?
      >
      > Can't anybody feel it?
      >
      > Steiner's once-fresh and useful ? because living ? terminology
      > has died from "over-referencing" and is stone-cold dead.
      >
      > Steinerian terminology has become a freakish pale-white
      > corpse of rigidity, and it's manifestly obvious in the dead-echo
      > chambers of this hamster-cage blabber-ballroom.
      >
      > Doesn't anybody feel it?
      >
      > Steinerian terminology ? through no fault of his ? has
      > become something to flee from like the plague before
      > you turn your brains into powdery-dry pillars of salt.
      >
      > You all are running around and around and around
      > in the same little hamster-cage of desicated concepts
      > which ? though once fresh ? have become little tiny
      > prisons ? with walls from an episode of the Twilight Zone
      > that slowly close in tighter and tighter until the life
      > in you is squished dead.
      >
      > This is no reflection on the actual REFERENTS of these
      > concepts...those things are real. ? It's just that the words have
      > become little micro-mental prisons because the life has
      > been sucked dry from them.
      >
      > And NOW?something in your OWN mental life DIES just
      > by the USE of and the THINKING of them.
      >
      > These word-husks have become contaminated with death.
      >
      > Can't anybody feel how a healthy love of reality and
      > sanity would impel and compel a person to RUN AWAY
      > at top speed so that one's own mental life would be spared
      > and kept FREE...and kept ALIVE ?
      >
      > Please try to feel how DEAD you FEEL when you read
      > and think with these words any more ! ? You feel the
      > OPPOSITE of the sun-filled and life-filled joy that
      > you felt as a child.
      >
      > It's time for somebody to start again from the beginning,
      > from fresh principles, from a healthier sense of reality.
      >
      > Anthro-Language is now a noose....a tomb....a mental coffin.
      >
      > Rise Snow White....but please do so in some new form
      > to spare us all.

      =====
      "The only thing I regret about my past is the length of it. If I had to live my life again I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner." - Tallulah Bankhead

      "Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation." - Clarence Darrow

      "Those who cannot hear the music think that the dancer is mad." - Rumi

      "The victim who is able to articulate the situation of the victim has ceased to be a victim ? he or she has become a threat." - James Baldwin

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic