4897Re: Masonry/Reuss

  • joksu57
    Sep 1, 2002
      --- In anthroposophy@y..., "holderlin66" <holderlin66@h...> wrote:
      > As Always, your posts out of Finland have real substance for me. I
      > will probably be in Norway next summer, would love to meet you. I
      > will be visiting my extended family in Norway.
      >
      > But besides meeting you or anything like that, I admire your posts.
      > am in the far west right now. I am right now in Texas, Waco Texas
      and
      > have been planning my wedding to take place next year near Crawford
      > Texas.

      Joksu writes:

      Hello Bradford!

      Thanks for your kind words; I can say the same thing about your
      posts. Your writings have given me many new insights (and large
      amount of material to study).

      Meeting you would be really fine! By the way, just a couple of months
      ago I was in Norway (for the first time). We (my wife and two sons
      included) came with a ferry to Sweden, Umeå and drove from there to
      Mo i Rana, Central Norway. The landscape was very beautiful and the
      mountains were impressive; Finland is more of the "flatland-type".

      If you are really coming to somewhere in Scandinavia, just tell in
      advance about your schelude, so I can make possible arrangement
      concerning my summer vacation. Only one weekend is now reserved, in
      19.7.2003 we (my wife is also a fan of Wagner's music) will be in
      Savonlinna Opera Festival; we have already the tickets to "Tristan
      und Isolde". (This summer we saw there "Die Meistersinger von
      Nürnberg by Deutche Opern, a very good performance.)
      And congratulations in advance for your "wedding to come".

      Bradford wrote:
      > I have been following closely, these past couple of weeks, an inner
      > connection with Buddhism in the Mars sphere. It has brought me into
      > relation with inspirations from Buddha/Wotan in "Lord of the Rings"
      > (the current movie and book) as well as Gandhi; Martin Luther King
      Jr
      > in America and Henry David Thoreau in his Civil Disobedience...

      Joksu writes:
      Your research concerning Buddhism and Mars sphere seems really
      interesting. Buddhism is in some sense the "highest" of the old
      religions, religions of the Holy Ghost. It can be a real gate to true
      christianity (which is sorely lacking nowadays). There is a saying in
      Christosophy that true christianity starts from the "Mars-initiation"
      or a Mars-experience. It can be (a bit poeticly) stated that in this
      phase "the sword is turned into a cross, then pushed into our own
      heart and when the selfish blood is bleeding away, we simultaniously
      can give the roses of love to our fellowmen".

      You mentioned Gandhi and I remember reading somewhere (though I may
      be mistaken) that Gandhi was inspired in his own actions by the
      general stike and the passive resistance, which happened in Finland
      1905. The Csar and mighty Russia backed from its oppressive acts
      after this "silent protest". Mr. Ervast said that without some minor
      conflicts, where some amount of violence was used, Finland could have
      gained its independence right away. It was the ideal of Mr. Ervast
      that Finland could have started its "career as an independent nation"
      without any army, trusting to spiritual powers and providence, and
      acting as an new example to the world. Unfortunately, time was not
      yet right for this "dream" to come true.

      I guess that more work is needed, where individuals can take the
      required steps towards something that Dr. Steiner refererred
      as "thinking with the heart". But also the "schooling" which happens
      in the "after-death" states is very important, when we think about
      the future.

      Bradford wrote:
      > Joseph Campbell and your Christosophy interest me a great deal and
      > would love to read the secrets of the Kalavala.

      Joksu writes:
      I really do appreciate your interest in Christosophy and Kalevala.
      (Sometimes earlier Danny said that he might read the "Kalevala-poems"
      this summer.) There are many interesting "mystery-pictures" in those
      old poems. E.g. in the "Sampo-poems" can be found out an attempt to
      build the resurrection body (sun-body). It failed, of course, as
      every attempt in this direction failed until Jesus Christ changed the
      course of history, but it was a nice try anyway!

      Warm Greetings
      Joksu
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic