3937Re: [anthroposophy] Re: A Question of interstellar Beings

  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Jun 14, 2002
      In a message dated Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:39:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ghamin@... writes:

      > "Man in the past, the present and the future" Stuttgart 14th September 1923:
      >
      > "... We all know that the strength of the light decreases wiht distance. Ordinary physics states the law that gravitation, too, decreases with the square of the distance. But people do not pursue this thought further. They can demonstrate that here on Earth, gravity has a particular magnitude and diminishes with the square of the distance, for they live on the Earth and establish laws of Nature and truths valid for the Earth, and build them into a system. Where gravity has a definite magnitude, thses laws are true. The force of gravity decreases, but also truth. What was true for the Earth ceases to be true if we pursue it further outwards into the Universe. We have no more right to regard the findings of physics and chemistry as applicable to the whole Universe than we have to assume that earthly gravity holds good throughout the Cosmos. The truths that rule in the heavenly spheres cannot be dealt with in the same way as those that hold on Earth. ...our general consciousness is so solidly encased nowadays that even the slightest remark which might pierce through the case, immediately appears strange. Modern men are so wholly tied to the Earth that their knowledge, even sometime their reflections, never pass beyond what they experience on Earth. And they deal with cosmic time exactly as they deal with cosmic
      > space."

      *******Exactly, and applying earthly ideas to higher realities, as opposed to developing the new kind of thinking necessary to grasp the etheric & astral, results only in a self-deception that excludes them from consciousness.

      Starman
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic