3718Calendar of the Soul, Week 7 after Easter

  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    May 13, 2002
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      The cycle of the year can be a meditation through which you can sense the
      Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Steiner gave out the
      'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras enabling you to
      consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you as
      well as in outer Nature in the course of the year. These are well known to
      many anthroposophists; but the original Calendar published in 1912 ALSO
      contained 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the working of
      the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the Moon's phase
      and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the 'lunar'
      forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with
      specific days of the week. We're presenting all that here. We begin with the
      mantra in the original German and in translation:

      * M A N T R A #7 *
      Mein selbst, es drohet zu entfliehen,
      Vom Weltenlichte mächtig angezogen.
      Nun trete du mein Ahnen
      In deine Rechte kraftig ein
      Ersetze mir des Denkens Macht
      Das in der Sinne Schein
      Sich selbst verlieren will.

      My Self, it threatens to fly out
      To World-Light mightily drawn.
      Now enter you, my foreboding,
      Into your rightful place forcefully,
      Restore for me Thinking’s Might
      That in the Senses’ Shine
      Would lose itself.

      The weaving of the Sun in the growth of the plants reveals the Divine
      working. The past few weeks we can feel that spiritual essence working as
      being like our souls spread out in external space. But now the spiritual
      force of the light is so strong that we would dissolve into it--- so a
      feeling of what is to come in the future grows in us to keep us from being
      only in this present moment, preventing thinking from losing itself totally
      in the senses.

      **********************************
      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Taurus from
      May 1st to June 15th in our era. The symbolic image of Taurus done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications is attached to this post as a JPEG, although
      it may go through to you or not depending on your settings.

      Sunday May 12th. Moon Taurus. New Moon. Pancratius.
      Monday May 13th. Moon Gemini. Carl von Linne born 1707. Cuvier (the great
      natural scientist) died 1832.
      Tuesday May 14th. Moon Gemini. Boniface. Ludwig Bechstein died 1860.
      Wednesday May 15th. Moon Cancer. Torquatus Antonius, prophet in 15th century.
      Thursday May 16th. Moon Cancer. Sarah. Suzanne.
      Friday May 17th. Moon Leo. Bruno Magnus, Russian Apostle of the 11th century.
      Saturday May 18th. Moon Leo. Isabella.

      P.S. The Moon will be seen close to Mercury at sunset Monday, and near Saturn
      at sunset Tuesday. Between Mercury and Saturn Venus & Mars are visible. The
      Moon will be near Jupiter Wednesday and Thursday nights.
      Dr. Starman
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic