3708Soul Calendar 07 eurythmy 3rd week of May ant

  • eurythmy
    May 9, 2002
      Week 27, 1st week of October:

      Checked with Norton antivirus updated 9/5/02

      One attachment: in A4 format with MSW 2000 for ease of printing

      This is a transition week in the calendar.

      Have a fulfilling week.

      I am sending early, my apologies, a good cause a wedding of my sister in law, and good eurythmist friend.

      Franky.

      Week 7, 3rd week of May.

      How to breathe with each verse of Calendar of the Soul?

      ·    The Stage lights gives one way, often forward on the prologue- as it is through the text - and reverse order in the epilogue.

      ·    The forms, another: are there one or many forms?

      ·     The colours of the veils, yet another;

      ·    The sounding breath (of the eurythmic movement) sounds of vowels or consonants or both, this is still another variation of the breathing of the weekly verse. A few sound in the prologue and epilogue, and eurythmic sounds done while the text is recited. Some times the recitation is done before and the whole piece is moved in silence.

      There are four eurythmists on the stage,

      Prologue: or how to breathe before the verse:

      Colour of eurythmists:

      Surrounding them is a colour on their “veil”; they move their feelings according to that colour;

      1: YELLOW,

      2: VIOLET,

      3: BLUE and

      4: GREEN.

      Colour of stage lights:

      Surrounding them is a colour from the stage lights; they move their feelings according to that colour;

      First part: RED AND BLUE, foot lights: yellow.

      Second part: green, foot lights: yellow

      Third part: red, foot lights: white.

      Sound sequence:

      They move in the mood of different sounds of the alphabet, in a sequence:

      1: I/U/O/I/U/O,

      2: I/L/S/I/L/S,

      3:Ei/Ei/Ei and

      4: S/T/LS/T/L.

      *The vowel sounds are as in the original German so in English: A is [Ah], E is [Eh], I is [ee], O is[Oh], U is [oo],

      and Ei is as in [by]

      Movement sequence:

      1 and 2 do their forms, 3 and 4 stand still.

      1 and 3 do their forms, 2 and 4 stands still,

      3 and 4 do their forms, 1 and 2 stand still,

      1, 2, 3 and 4 do their forms.

      Text form:

      Then during the recitation

      1 and 2 do their forms, 3 and 4 stand still.

      Lines 1-2: ABOVE: green, foot lights: yellow

      Mein selbst, es drohet zu entfliehen,

      Vom Weltenlichte mächtig angezogen.

      1 and 3 do their forms, 2 and 4 stands still,

      Lines3-4: ABOVE: red and blue, foot lights: red

      Nun trete du mein Ahnen

      In deine Rechte kräftig ein

      3 and 4 do their forms, 1 and 2 stand still,

      Lines 5-6: ABOVE: RED,    foot lights white

      Ersetze mir des Denkens Macht

      Das in der Sinne Schein

      1, 2, 3 and 4 do their forms.

      Lines 7: AS BEFORE: ABOVE: RED, foot lights white

      Sich selbst verlieren will.

      Epilogue:

      Lighting and sounds as prologue, usually in reverse order.

      They move the prologue forms in the same ways.

      John Salter’s translation:

      My self is liable to fly away,

      Strongly lured by the light filled world.

      Now let my dawning inner sense

      Take on within its rightful role,

      To replace in me the power of thinking

      Which is inclined to lose itself