3685Re: R: [anthroposophy] the book

  • Bayou Blue
    May 1, 2002
      Hi, Joel,

      I'm sorry to have to ask for further explanation but I'd like to understand
      what you're saying below, since I see no connection between what I wrote and
      what you wrote. Morgan had said he'd read this book. You aren't clear in
      your reply regarding what point(s) you're making or what you're trying to
      say. Please let us know what you're saying here.

      Thanks,
      BB

      > Dear BB,
      >
      > In the book the problem of criticism is carefully discussed. Those who
      > haven't read the book should first read it before criticizing it from a
      > position of ignorance, don't you think?
      >
      > warm regards,
      > joel
      >
      > On Wed, 2002-05-01 at 13:16, Bayou Blue wrote:
      > > Dear Morgan and All,
      > >
      > > I must agree with your assessment below. Even in his very basic book,
      > > *Knowledge of the Higher Worlds and its Attainment*, Steiner speaks of
      how
      > > much criticism exists, even among our children. What are we teaching and
      > > developing? Clear thinking? Compassion? Tolerance? Understanding?
      Knowledge?
      > > Anthroposophical thoughts? Perhaps one should stop and ponder a bit on
      these
      > > aspects?
      > >
      > > BB
      > >

      > > > Although this isn't the question being asked, I found Prokofieff's
      book on
      > > the
      > > > Holy Nights very helpful to inspire both my nightly drawings and
      > > subsequent
      > > > dreaming.
      > > > It is disturbing to see how eagerly human beings leap to criticize.
      > > > I do agree that his 'forte' might be leaning toward the Intellectual
      Soul,
      > > but
      > > > it would seem more interesting to discern his place on the Vorstand
      and
      > > what
      > > > its function is.
      > > > The transition to Consciousness Soul is not an easy one. Even the
      move to
      > > > 'know' a man by reading someone's opinion of him from a book is an
      > > Intellectual
      > > > Soul impulse.
      > > > Consciousness Soul strives for the 'Big Picture.'
      > > >

      > > > Blessings on your investigation,
      > > >
      > > > Morgan Vierheller
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic