3682Calendar of the Soul, Week 5 after Easter

  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    May 1, 2002
      Sorry to be late this week. Happy Beltane (Walpurgis).

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      The cycle of the year can be a meditation through which you can sense the
      Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Steiner gave out the
      'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras enabling you to
      consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you as
      well as in outer Nature in the course of the year. These are well known to
      many anthroposophists; but the original Calendar published in 1912 ALSO
      contained 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the working of
      the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the Moon's phase
      and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the 'lunar'
      forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with
      specific days of the week. We're presenting all that here. This week we begin
      with the first mantra, at Easter: here it is in the original German and in
      translation:

      * M A N T R A # 5 *
      Im Lichte, das aus Gesistestiefen
      In Raume fruchtbar webend
      Der Götter Schaffen offenbart:
      In ihm erscheint der Seele Wesen
      Geweitet zu dem Weltensein
      Und auferstanden
      Aus enger Selbstheit Innenmacht.

      In Light, that out of Spirit-Deeps
      Weaving in Space bearing its fruit
      The Gods’ Shaping is revealed :
      In it shines the Soul’s Essence
      Widened to the World-Existence
      And resurrected
      Out of narrow Selfhood’s Inner Might.

      The weaving of the Sun in the growth of the plants reveals the Divine
      working. We can feel that this spiritual essence working is similar to our
      own inner souls, is like our souls spread out in external space.

      **********************************
      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Taurus from
      May 1st to June 15th in our era. The symbolic image of Taurus done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications is attached to this post as a JPEG, although
      it may go through to you or not depending on your settings.

      Sunday April 28th. Moon Sagittarius. Eusebius.
      Monday April 29th. Moon Sagittarius. The Virgin of Orleans frees Orleans
      1429.
      Tuesday April 30th. Moon Capricorn. Seneca assassinated 65 A.D. Gauss (the
      mathematician) born 1777.
      Wednesday May 1st. Moon Capricorn. Walpurgis.
      Thursday May 2nd. Moon Capricorn. Leonardo da Vinci died 1519. Novalis born
      1772.
      Friday May 3rd. Moon Aquarius. Last Quarter. Empress Helena found the Cross
      of Christ in Jerusalem 326 A.D.
      Saturday May 4th. Moon Aquarius. Monica, mother of Augustine dies 387 A.D.

      Dr. Starman
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic